Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Played blood DK all the way from ragnaros heroic when our tank quit and I rerolled, to maidens in mythic foundry where we ended up at 6.2 release.

Them removing the glyph and making BoS completely RNG was the final nail in the coffin for me, rerolled brewmaster for HFC and haven't looked back. Monks are amazing
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Blood Boil + Heart Strike = Blood Whirl

Basically a bloody whirlwind that deals 2x damage if it only hits 1 target
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

The tanks usually don't have flashy moves if that's what you are seeking. There really isn't much else you can have blood do to improve it, but I would like to see a reduced cooldown for empower rune weapon at least. 5 mins is just too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Glassmage View Post
    The tanks usually don't have flashy moves if that's what you are seeking.

Guess prot pallies got deleted from the game since last I checked. oh and warriors. No particles but physically flying all over the screen is pretty flashy

Also why is this even an excuse?

Edit: oh yes. Brewmasters must've been deleted too. Cause pallies and monks are pretty damn flashy if you ask me lol
    Last edited by chaos61988; 2015-08-16 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos61988 View Post
    Guess prot pallies got deleted from the game since last I checked. oh and warriors. No particles but physically flying all over the screen is pretty flashy

Also why is this even an excuse?

Edit: oh yes. Brewmasters must've been deleted too. Cause pallies and monks are pretty damn flashy if you ask me lol
    All of DK's flash happens during cooldowns, not during ordinary hits. Runes flying over your head, a secondary weapon dancing around with you, bones flying in the air around you, AND THE FUCKING GROUND FREEZING when you pop IBF etc, or a freaking magic barrier during AMS...
    I mean, fuck, sure, our blood boil isn't as flashy as rushing jade wind or spinning crane kick, but blood DK has tons of unique and flashy effects. It's just tied to what a good Blood DK cares about - cooldowns (and the ability to unleash a constant, unrelenting torrent of cooldowns to keep themselves alive).

And a wonderful frosty swirl during BoS <3

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    And a wonderful frosty swirl during BoS <3
    Ewww BoS... But yea. That too.

Then again, if OP is the standard, run-of-the-mill normal mode tank, he uses cooldowns in one of two ways -

1: Never.
    2: ALL OF THE COOLDOWNS ALL AT THE SAME TIME ALL AFTER THE DAMAGE HAS ALREADY HIT COS OMG DONT WANNA DIE AT 10K HP (and then he dies anyway because despite popping everything and shooting his EHP up by like 800% due to all the cds, ever, he's still only at 80K hp).

ACTUALLY blood Dk cooldowns haven't been very powerful since MoP the most of our defense is bloodshield now. And if all else fails death pact. Also nice trying to pretend we are bad simply because I'd like to see more flash in our daily play rather than only when things are going wrong.

And iirc not just Dk cooldowns were nerfed. A lot of tank CDs were when blizzard started pushing active mitigation hard. But beyond that I've thought bloodshield needed a graphic long before that. I don't like having to watch my UI to track it.
    Last edited by chaos61988; 2015-08-16 at 11:22 PM.

ACTUALLY blood Dk cooldowns haven't been very powerful since MoP the most of our defense is bloodshield now.
    This isn't right. ><

ACTUALLY blood Dk cooldowns haven't been very powerful since MoP the most of our defense is bloodshield now. And if all else fails death pact. Also nice trying to pretend we are bad simply because I'd like to see more flash in our daily play rather than only when things are going wrong.

And iirc not just Dk cooldowns were nerfed. A lot of tank CDs were when blizzard started pushing active mitigation hard. But beyond that I've thought bloodshield needed a graphic long before that. I don't like having to watch my UI to track it.
    You're shitting me, right. I mean, you must genuinely be shitting me. DKs has the most powerfull cooldowns of any tank in the game right now. DKS are literally immortal on any fight that isn't Tyrant (where our active mitigation gets broken due to encounter mechanics). Like, I don't even. Wat. This is exactly why I said you probably pop all of them at once - you've got no clue which cds to use when, and how to counter different situations, which is why your DK does not feel flashy. You go fucking godmode-SSJ^34 once every 3 minutes when you're about to die, then just stand there looking bland for the next 3 minutes, unable to do jack shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Ewww BoS... But yea. That too.

Then again, if OP is the standard, run-of-the-mill normal mode tank, he uses cooldowns in one of two ways -

1: Never.
    2: ALL OF THE COOLDOWNS ALL AT THE SAME TIME ALL AFTER THE DAMAGE HAS ALREADY HIT COS OMG DONT WANNA DIE AT 10K HP (and then he dies anyway because despite popping everything and shooting his EHP up by like 800% due to all the cds, ever, he's still only at 80K hp).
    I don't really see why my skill as a tank is important in regards to my original post. I might be bad. I might be good. It doesn't matter. I'm asking other players what they like to see and feel while playing a DK. Particularly blood spec. So far most of the input is constructive but I fail to see the point you're trying to make here.

Quote Originally Posted by Henric View Post
    I don't really see why my skill as a tank is important in regards to my original post. I might be bad. I might be good. It doesn't matter. I'm asking other players what they like to see and feel while playing a DK. Particularly blood spec. So far most of the input is constructive but I fail to see the point you're trying to make here.
    My point is that you don't think DKs are flashy enough. I'm saying, DKs are plenty flashy - the issue just is, it isn't flashy due to our general animations of normal attacks. Cycle through all your different cooldowns - they all look flashy as fuck. You will never notice this if you do either of the above things I said. Thus you will not have a flashy DK. Dks are all about cooldown management, and thus the "Identity" of blood DKs are tied to our cooldowns. Warriors "Identity" are "in-your-face" and mobility, thus their leaps/charges etc are flashy as fuck, but you never notice their normal attacks or cooldowns. You get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    My point is that you don't think DKs are flashy enough. I'm saying, DKs are plenty flashy - the issue just is, it isn't flashy due to our general animations of normal attacks. Cycle through all your different cooldowns - they all look flashy as fuck. You will never notice this if you do either of the above things I said. Thus you will not have a flashy DK. Dks are all about cooldown management, and thus the "Identity" of blood DKs are tied to our cooldowns. Warriors "Identity" are "in-your-face" and mobility, thus their leaps/charges etc are flashy as fuck, but you never notice their normal attacks or cooldowns. You get the idea.
    Yeah I can see that. Definitely. In my opinion, it would enhance the experience a lot for me if they just made blood boil a little more interesting and possibly added a new animation to Death strike. I doubt it will happen but here's to hoping someday.

Or how about nobody was talking about raiding. I don't need my cooldowns in daily combat. That's what I'm talking about. Yeah if your doing progression or relevant content you roll your Defensive CDs but not everyone is doing that all the time. I run dailies. I run heroics, and I run old content right now. How about then? Your opinion is so colored by your own experience you can't see anything else.

And if you need your CDs while doing dailies or low tier content I don't know what to say.