Page 1 of 3
LastLast

300 Mount Achievement Reward: Make it Unique!!

Obviously there will be a lot of protest for an achievement reward such as ones like these. I am not fully against the recently announced reward for the upcoming 300 mount achievement (Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent), however; I do believe that the mount should have armor on it such as the PvP gladiator mounts awarded during the PvP season of Mists of Pandaria. For example the Malevolent Gladiator's Cloud Serpent and Tyrannical Gladiator's Cloud Serpent have beautiful/unique armor attached to their model that makes them different/more rare from the standard cloud serpents.

I feel that for a 300 mount achievement we should get something more. Although I feel a simple reskin is a sad reward, at least make it unique such as the armored cloud serpents found in the INCREDIBLY RARE gladiator rewards.

I know this post will be relevant to only a very small population of wow players...but collecting mounts has been the main thing I enjoy while playing this game. Help me get blizzard to either change the mount to something entirely unique, or simply add armor to the model. Collecting three hundred mounts is not an easy feat.
    i5-3570K (@3.8GHz)|G.skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4) RAM|EVGA GTX 670 ftw gpu|Corsair HX750 PSU|Asus Maximus Gen V (matx)|Win 7|Asus 23.1' 2ms display|Quickfire CM Storm mx.cherry (brown switches)

I also have 300 mounts and I expected at least a completely unique skin with added polygons (like the Challenge Mode Yeti - one of the few positive rewards without a cash shop involved) not just a recolor and not a mount from Pandaria but something with Legion design since most collectors will get this mount during Legion.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really agree. While the PvP ones looked good in their armor, they were given so because of the overall theme of how they were obtained. While the 300 mount achievement mount is more of a PvE term, think expect more of looks other than preperation of war. Wouldn't mind a different "saddle" or such - or a banner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I also have 300 mounts and I expected at least a completely unique skin with added polygons (like the Challenge Mode Yeti - one of the few positive rewards without a cash shop involved) not just a recolor and not a mount from Pandaria but something with Legion design since most collectors will get this mount during Legion.
    Even that isn't so rare anymore, though. It is just a reskin of the Gronnlings, and a new to come at Winter's Veil.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nofGrumpus.jpg
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fine how it is. That 300 mount is probably my favorite mount. Maybe it's just the color scheme though.

I feel the same way about the 250 mount.

No, every mount for a certain amount of mounts(50/100/200 mounts) were a reskin. Armored mounts are mostly tied to PvP players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It's a little sad that achievement that is incredibly hard for majority of players, and required alot of effort over the years from hardcore mount collectors, rewards yet again, a recolor of existing mount. The 200 dragonhawk was incredibly underwhelming, the 250 felhawk was better, but still had a feeling of "we datamined that in cata".
    As for 300 serpent, it looks really nice but if you are going to have 300 mounts, chances are you already have:
    - Golden lookalike from shaohao.
    - Black lookalike from sha.
    - Red lookalike from achievement.
    It would be nice if for once they would add something new and fresh here to really motivate and reward people into doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 250 and 300 rewards have been the first acceptable rewards in a very long time.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    The 250 and 300 rewards have been the first acceptable rewards in a very long time.
    Loved the Albino Drake myself.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The color blue and the way the heavenly blue cloud serpent looks ingame is so gorgeous that it almost makes me want to collect those 50 different boar mounts in WoD.

I'm obviously biased, though. If we're talking serious here, 300 is a gargantuan feat and should be amply rewarded, especially considering upon release it will likely almost require money being spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't really agree. While the PvP ones looked good in their armor, they were given so because of the overall theme of how they were obtained. While the 300 mount achievement mount is more of a PvE term, think expect more of looks other than preperation of war. Wouldn't mind a different "saddle" or such - or a banner.

- - - Updated - - -

Even that isn't so rare anymore, though. It is just a reskin of the Gronnlings, and a new to come at Winter's Veil.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nofGrumpus.jpg
    I kind of agree. I understand that the pvp glad mounts represent what it means to be skilled in pvp (armor on the mount and what not...), but it would be nice to finally have an xxx mount achievement reward something unique and DIFFERENT from the hundreds of other mounts these collectors already have. More than likely, mount collectors have several other reskins of the rewarded mount (especially this cloud serpent...they likely have 5-8 other serpent mounts).
    i5-3570K (@3.8GHz)|G.skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4) RAM|EVGA GTX 670 ftw gpu|Corsair HX750 PSU|Asus Maximus Gen V (matx)|Win 7|Asus 23.1' 2ms display|Quickfire CM Storm mx.cherry (brown switches)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyPaws View Post
    Exactly, I don't think the Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent looks awful, but most mount collectors who are near or have 300 mounts already have 5-7 other cloud serpents. Give us something UNIQUE!
    Well, it is unique in skin, but not design and model. Wouldn't mind if the future 350 mount reward was one of the long lost TCG mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of agree. I understand that the pvp glad mounts represent what it means to be skilled in pvp (armor on the mount and what not...), but it would be nice to finally have an xxx mount achievement reward something unique and DIFFERENT from the hundreds of other mounts these collectors already have. More than likely, mount collectors have several other reskins of the rewarded mount (especially this cloud serpent...they likely have 5-8 other serpent mounts).
    Well, ment more the section of it being war, etc ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It's a little sad that achievement that is incredibly hard for majority of players, and required alot of effort over the years from hardcore mount collectors, rewards yet again, a recolor of existing mount. The 200 dragonhawk was incredibly underwhelming, the 250 felhawk was better, but still had a feeling of "we datamined that in cata".
    As for 300 serpent, it looks really nice but if you are going to have 300 mounts, chances are you already have:
    - Golden lookalike from shaohao.
    - Black lookalike from sha.
    - Red lookalike from achievement.
    It would be nice if for once they would add something new and fresh here to really motivate and reward people into doing this.
    Exactly, I don't think the Heavenly Azure Cloud Serpent looks awful, but most mount collectors who are near or have 300 mounts already have 5-7 other cloud serpents. Give us something UNIQUE!

The cloud serpent is fine. There was a thread a few months back in a the Achievements subforum and a lot of collectors suggested either one of the unreleased heavenly cloud serpents. Would have preferred Jade myself, but I'm glad this made it in the game.

I would like them to add cooler mounts to the regular sources, like reps, dungeon & raid drops, quest chains, meta achievements, etc. as opposed to the store. This is what actually encourages new collectors and makes life for us old ones more enjoyable.

The most extreme reward? I don't need that to be unique, I only want it to be awesome, and all mount collector achievement rewards have been awesome to me at the moment they came out (yes, the kite as well, Boo! to the haters). This one is awesome too. Try to see the beauty in things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Loved the Albino Drake myself.
    Yup, that's what I meant, although the Blue Dragonhawk wasn't too bad.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    The cloud serpent is fine. There was a thread a few months back in a the Achievements subforum and a lot of collectors suggested either one of the unreleased heavenly cloud serpents. Would have preferred Jade myself, but I'm glad this made it in the game.

I would like them to add cooler mounts to the regular sources, like reps, dungeon & raid drops, quest chains, meta achievements, etc. as opposed to the store. This is what actually encourages new collectors and makes life for us old ones more enjoyable.

The most extreme reward? I don't need that to be unique, I only want it to be awesome, and all mount collector achievement rewards have been awesome to me at the moment they came out (yes, the kite as well, Boo! to the haters). This one is awesome too. Try to see the beauty in things.
    The kite was actually one of my favorites! Lol. The felfire hawk was the best and a step up to being slightly unique. But yea....I wish they would have went with the heavenly jade!!! That would have be awesome. It is nice to see some more heavenly models.

- - - Updated - - -

Would putting armor on a heavenly cloud serpent really piss off a bunch of hardcore pvp players with their gladiator mounts??

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically the best one is the Astral Cloud Serpent

The kite was actually one of my favorites! Lol. The felfire hawk was the best and a step up to being slightly unique. But yea....I wish they would have went with the heavenly jade!!! That would have be awesome. It is nice to see some more heavenly models.
    My secret hope is that they will eventually make all Celestial skins available as mounts. If they do that, it would be weird to have Yu'lon come from somewhere else.

Maybe it's just me lying to myself, but hey, if there's nothing else by the time we get the 350 achi, they might add it in then!

10+ Year Old Account

Would putting armor on a heavenly cloud serpent really piss off a bunch of hardcore pvp players with their gladiator mounts??

Absolutely, every PVP'er I've seen/spoken to that has a unique PVP mount always uses it because it's unique, especially if it's old.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Technically the best one is the Astral Cloud Serpent
    I really think the Malevolent Gladiator's Cloud Serpent is the best cloud serpent in game. White w/ armor!! If only it was heavenly....

Thing is armor doesn't really work with the heavenly. Technically the frills and effects on these and the thundering ones are equivalent to armors over the base cloud serpent model. If you just plop a helmet over the head you ruin it.