Deleted

Story/Exploration/Adventure/Point and Click Thingy

Me again, and my confusion about whether I like games at all these days. Hi.

So I've been doing a lot of thinking and I've made up my mind if I were to ever get into games again (and believe me I actually want to, it's just that I have a lot of problems with games - see my other thread), it'd have to be very story driven and almost like a film, except you get to influence that film. So I'm talking more like a Telltale-esque game, not so much an old-school "deep" RPG because as I've already established I don't want that ultra gamey stats and character building and killing enemies feeling. Nor do I want a game based on shooting people to get to the next bit. The problem with Telltale though, even though I love the sound of what they're doing with their games, I'm not that enticed by the games they've made based solely on their themes. The only one that interests me is The Wolf Among Us as it looks like it plays with fairy tale tropes and things. I've always known about the legendary Monkey Island series, but it seems a bit too childish. Maybe I'm wrong.

So if I were to ever get into games again it'd have to be something like that, with good characters and dialogue. I've searched and searched, but honestly the themes for most games just don't work for me for some reason.

My memories of playing most games which are heavily based on mechanics have been "eh, I'll play it later..." and I end up putting it off. I just... dislike most gameplay mechanics. So I want to get a game that actually as an involving story and atmosphere above all else that makes me want to play it, almost as if it's just an elongated film I can control.

Cheers all.
    Last edited by mmoc37b524a896; 2015-08-13 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    *snip*
    So...are you looking for recommendations? Just elaborating on what games you enjoy...?

From what you've stated, The Wolf Among Us would be a good game to try for certain; it was easily my favorite game of the year, and it sounds like it fits into what you're looking for. Other games, such as The Walking Dead... sure, they have zombies and stuff, but it's just a plot device; in the TellTale games, the real problems are people and how you interact with one another, not really the zombies. Sure, zombies exist and will kill you, but the real threat is the person next to you. Trust me, I think the whole zombie thing is extremely overdone, but I had zero issues whatsoever with them being in The Walking Dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So...are you looking for recommendations? Just elaborating on what games you enjoy...?

From what you've stated, The Wolf Among Us would be a good game to try for certain; it was easily my favorite game of the year, and it sounds like it fits into what you're looking for. Other games, such as The Walking Dead... sure, they have zombies and stuff, but it's just a plot device; in the TellTale games, the real problems are people and how you interact with one another, not really the zombies. Sure, zombies exist and will kill you, but the real threat is the person next to you. Trust me, I think the whole zombie thing is extremely overdone, but I had zero issues whatsoever with them being in The Walking Dead.
    Yes, sorry. I'm looking for recommendations based on what I wrote in my OP. And yep, looking into The Wolf Among Us right now. Thanks