Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

7.0 MM Hunter Hybrid

So now that survival is confirmed to be melee, I was thinking that maybe some of the current survival abilities could be adopted by the MM spec in Legion. MM is incredibly boring and bland to play. For instance, MM could take explosive shot, black arrow, arcane shot, etc. Doesn't have to be all of them. Basically make it a MM/Surival hybrid since obviously all of the survival ranged abilities will be gone. They could reuse them to make MM more interesting. It desperately needs it. Thoughts?

They could move over Black Arrow to be like SrS used to be, and we will have to weave in a dot every now and then. I wouldn't put LnL in with it but maybe have it boost focus gain.

BM has arcane and they want to differentiate specs, so I don't expect that one to be added to MM.

Explosive shot could be an option instead of chimera. You choose damage spread over time or a self heal, total damage the same.

One thing I would do to the ranged specs is remove traps and add similar ranged abilities to compensate such as scatter shot. Concussive AoE with multishot. Some kind of CC sapping shot, maybe add to tranq.

Anyway, I think adding one more shot is enough, and some customization.

imo all they should do is give MM explosive shot, but as it was back in wrath beta. Basically just does its damage to everything in a range, 5-10yds probably. I think MM play style is pretty decent right now (I don't like instant aimed personally play style wise, but otherwise love it) except it has no real aoe. They might have to take the cleave off chimera though so MM isn't too good for aoe. As far as CD goes I don't know they might nerf its damage a bit and give no CD so its just the new filler. I doubt making it share with chim would be good.

But if they were to give a dot back to MM I think it should just be piercing shots. The elemental dots don't fit the fantasy to me. Serpent sting kind of does in a poisoned arrow sort of deal but meh, I just like the thought of a bleed more.
    Last edited by Hoey; 2015-08-13 at 11:26 PM.

One of the older descriptions of MM was "a master archer or sharpshooter who uses a variety of shots".

If they expand on the WoD system of different talent trees per spec, they could actually offer the choice of Explosive, Chimera, or (making this up) Sniper Shot. Let Explosive actually explode to cleave a bit, and make Sniper single target. Chimera has drastically lost identity since Wrath, so now's a chance to rework it to something more interesting.

In any case, more feedback between abilities should be a goal. The current 2pc is so-so, but the concept of a shot changing your rotation isn't bad (after all, that's similar to LnL from Black Arrow) and makes Chimera more than "that cleave shot I hit on CD".

As to Serpent Sting, I could see a variant of that going to BM, say something like a chance to summon a snake that bites and puts up a poison dot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Serpent Sting and Serpent Spread should remain in the Survival spec, the only change i would do is make Serpent Spread an active ability (replaces Multi-Shot) and Serpent sting apply from the focus dump ability.

I can see Black Arrow as a talent with shorter CD and different design to let Hunters multi-dot a little, tho i'd get rid of Explosive Shot.
    Last edited by Beoren; 2015-08-14 at 07:27 AM.

Deleted
    Well MM could get explosive as AoE shot who we can use instead chimaera if its actually explodes to toher targets just like was bedore fo SVV

MM should be all direct damage, no DoTs.

Black Arrow could be added a talent for MM where Lock-and-Load gives either two instant cast Aimed Shots or two free Chimaera Shots.

They could also keep the current MM and SV as optional playstyles for new-MM by making Black-Arrow+LnL and Rapid Fire + Careful Aim talents. Meaning you get one or the other but not both but I'd rather have both LnL and Rapid Fire.

The Explosive Shot name could be re-used for an BM/MM Cleave/AoE ability to replace Glaive Toss which could then become an SV only ability/talent.

I think SV should keep Serpent Sting/Spread as some kind of poison/venom theme. Maybe Serpent Spread could be applied by Snake Trap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    MM should be all direct damage, no DoTs.
    I agree, fuck dots. It is a sniper spec.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    w/e they do to MM i don't care , but they should make AS instant. It's going to feel really weird after months of using t18...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    it would be cool to have a xx sec dot, over time ramping up in damage with a 2*xx min cd and we call it 'Internal bleeding'

Deleted
    I guess it depends what niche they go down now, with thrill of the hunt and the t18 4 piece MM has become a bit quicker paced but I don't think there would be so much wrong with how it felt at the launch of the expansion with it being a slow but hard hitting spec. So I think I'd like something that really changes the playstyle with probably more ranged cast attacks (not necessarily restricted to no movement, but just 2/3/4 second casts) with attacks that hit incredibly hard. It could keep the crit focus as a stat and mean that maintaining sniper training would make a distinction between those playing well and those just playing acceptably.

I quite liked the distinction between the 3 specs in stat priority, SV doing well with multistrike due to the sheer number of hits/ticks, BM doing well with mastery through the pet and MM scaling well with crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    One of the older descriptions of MM was "a master archer or sharpshooter who uses a variety of shots".

If they expand on the WoD system of different talent trees per spec, they could actually offer the choice of Explosive, Chimera, or (making this up) Sniper Shot. Let Explosive actually explode to cleave a bit, and make Sniper single target. Chimera has drastically lost identity since Wrath, so now's a chance to rework it to something more interesting.

In any case, more feedback between abilities should be a goal. The current 2pc is so-so, but the concept of a shot changing your rotation isn't bad (after all, that's similar to LnL from Black Arrow) and makes Chimera more than "that cleave shot I hit on CD".

As to Serpent Sting, I could see a variant of that going to BM, say something like a chance to summon a snake that bites and puts up a poison dot.
    I would really love to have a DOT as MM. It would add a little more depth to it other then spamming chimera/aimed and making sure you have Sniper Training :/

Unless we manage the dot, it doesn't really add anything. Piercing Shots was "nice, I got a crit, continue as normal", and Serpent Sting post-Wrath was "apply, let Chimera refresh".

More depth would come from interaction between abilities that causes decision making.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I was modifying the specs....

Assuming you want BM (Pet + Shot), MM (No Pet + Shot), SV (Pet + Melee).

Marksman :
    Spec: Make Lone Wolf Baseline. Allow them to summons pets but that turns off Lone Wolf. Change 100th level talents to following: Exotic Ammo, Focusing Shot, Black Arrow. Remove Multi-shot from toolkit. Also, modify the spec tree to not have any pet based choices.
    Builder: Steady Shot
    Spender: Aimed Shot, Chimaera Shot
    Procs: Explosive Shot, Kill Shot

If anything, since the specs are being differentiated, there's no longer an argument for MM being "the single target" spec.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    In theory, our multi target would be explosive ammo plus explosive shot procs.

i wish they'd drop all casts for MM. a master marksman shouldnt need to spend forever trying to aim a shot.

i kinda hope all specs get some kind of alternate resource too. i feel like all 3 specs managing focus the same way is what leads them to feeling so similar.

I thought now about a suggestion:

SV: as in other mmo, focus on critical blows with spear, ignore armor and bleeding / poisoning (dots).

MM: add Black Arrow (or make this a talent because MM is a sniper without dots) (and perhaps Explosive Shot, or remove .. because Blizzard does not want to "overload" with many skills, after all have this stupid policy of leaving the simplest game). CS + AiS + BA + KS35%

BM: add Serpent Sting and MAYBE make more focused expertise to Dot's. With some dot bleeding / poisoning applied by pet. KC + AS/MS with SS + KS20%

This thread makes me sad. I've played this game for 10 years and I honestly think 6.2 Marks is one of the best iterations of a spec to ever exist in the game. I really hope they don't change too much outside of a CD or something.