Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by prdf View Post
    I thought now about a suggestion:

SV: as in other mmo, focus on critical blows with the spear, ignore armor and bleeding / poisoning (dots).

MM: add Black Arrow (or make this a talent because MM is a sniper without dots) (and perhaps Explosive Shot, or remove .. because Blizzard does not want to "overload" with many skills, after all have this stupid policy of leaving the simplest game). CS + AS + BA + KS35%

BM: add Serpent Sting and MAYBE make more focused expertise to Dot's. With some dot bleeding / poisoning applied by pet. KC + AS/MS with SS + KS20%
    Too many niches, u can't have both bleeds and poisons at this stage of the game imo, I'd keep SV with poisons and BM with pets. MM could get bleeds but really i'd like them to focus on one theme for every spec and give abilities/ modifiers to the talent tree because now we barely have any choice..

Kenny: Same boat, and I'd agree up to a point. I actually liked the cast time on Aimed, though it could stand to be faster than 2.5s.

The only thing I'd change would be the Explosive for cleaving, a single target nuke, and make Chimera something special again. There could easily be space for that in the tree; after all, with Lone Wolf baked in, it'd be a bit ridiculous for us to have access to the current pet-related talents.

Really, all I'm suggesting is flavor related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    If I was modifying the specs....

Assuming you want BM (Pet + Shot), MM (No Pet + Shot), SV (Pet + Melee).

Marksman :
    Spec: Make Lone Wolf Baseline. Allow them to summons pets but that turns off Lone Wolf. Change 100th level talents to following: Exotic Ammo, Focusing Shot, Black Arrow. Remove Multi-shot from toolkit. Also, modify the spec tree to not have any pet based choices.
    Builder: Steady Shot
    Spender: Aimed Shot, Chimaera Shot
    Procs: Explosive Shot, Kill Shot
    So you want to take away the only AoE we have that isn't a trap and replace it with a proc'd cleave ability that will only hit a few targets? No ty. All MM really needs is an instant shot to mix it up a little with casted steady and aimed. It could also use a proc to make it more interesting but that proc should be master marksman.

Edit: Feanoro - I love your sig.

Deleted
    For me I'd love lone wolf to be baseline (I think they announced that anyway in one of the dev interviews) Aimed shot to have to stay still to cast and have it hit harder and give us arcane shot back to movement. I think it would probably add a bit more depth to game play having to plan movement rather than lolroflstomp kill everything and run around. Also tune our mastery better to make it a desirable stat. especially if we get the 'turret/sniper style with aimed shots.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    AoE would be Explosive exotic ammo plus a proc of explosive shot. With Chimaera shot as a cleave and Barrage as additional AoE.

Right now, you need at least 9+ targets for multi-shot to do any more damage then your single target rotation. And with making lonewolf baseline you can use exotic ammo.

Deleted
    LW MM is loads of fun, like people saying fuck dots (besides crows that's cool). Would like arcane shot back, if chimaera is on CD and use both the kill shots don't have time to cast aimed shot to finish them off.

Oh and the surviability missing from the lack of pet and dare i say it but some heals
    Last edited by mmoc5eb8fe6f4e; 2015-08-19 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    Serpent Sting and Serpent Spread should remain in the Survival spec, the only change i would do is make Serpent Spread an active ability (replaces Multi-Shot) and Serpent sting apply from the focus dump ability.

I can see Black Arrow as a talent with shorter CD and different design to let Hunters multi-dot a little, tho i'd get rid of Explosive Shot.
    So you'd change nothing for SrS. Having "Stings" instead of "Shots" as Survival would be nice, but if it's total overhaul I think it'll be more about 2-3 melee abilities and stronger traps as kinda short CDs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    So you want to take away the only AoE we have that isn't a trap and replace it with a proc'd cleave ability that will only hit a few targets? No ty. All MM really needs is an instant shot to mix it up a little with casted steady and aimed. It could also use a proc to make it more interesting but that proc should be master marksman.

Edit: Feanoro - I love your sig.
    I think proc'd instant Aimed Shots would do

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    So you'd change nothing for SrS. Having "Stings" instead of "Shots" as Survival would be nice, but if it's total overhaul I think it'll be more about 2-3 melee abilities and stronger traps as kinda short CDs.
    I think SrS fits the fantasy of SV and worked well in 6.0 and previous expansions, and it will also be great as a Melee mechanic- keeping dots on multiple targets/cleave situations like Rogue's Rupture makes the skill cap higher. We'll still have a huge change since the spec is going to be Melee, every other ability is going to be changed. I myself want traps to be about utility and not about damage. But yea I'd keep SrS for 7.0 SV.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    This thread makes me sad. I've played this game for 10 years and I honestly think 6.2 Marks is one of the best iterations of a spec to ever exist in the game. I really hope they don't change too much outside of a CD or something.
    ^THis. I just love MM right now, it really feels like a sniper.

Maybe Blizzard could incorporate a talent row to define MM rotation and appease to different tastes. That way, MM would have multiple different playstyles.

For Example: Talent row X. Replace Arcane Shot.
    - Aimed Shot (maybe with Master Marksman proc included)
    - New iteration of Exotic Munitions: modify your Arcane Shot into three possible special shots.
    - Something else
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2015-08-19 at 11:24 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they have said that Marksman will be Hunter without pet. Which means they will probably give us Lonewolf. What I hope they don't do is completely remove the ability to summons a pet. Because, I use my pets even as Lone wolf hunter for items like Bloodlust and Combat Rezzes.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Well, they have said that Marksman will be Hunter without pet. Which means they will probably give us Lonewolf. What I hope they don't do is completely remove the ability to summons a pet. Because, I use my pets even as Lone wolf hunter for items like Bloodlust and Combat Rezzes.
    Isn't bloodlust BM only anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

I think this tier was to get us using instant aims again. I don't think they will be casted going forward.

For AoE they could easily bring back piercing shots on multi-shot or something since surv is being revamped and won't be using the dot multis anymore.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Isn't bloodlust BM only anyway?
    A nether ray gives ancient hysteria (Bloodlust) and a crane gives battle rez to non-bm hunters.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    I think this tier was to get us using instant aims again. I don't think they will be casted going forward.

For AoE they could easily bring back piercing shots on multi-shot or something since surv is being revamped and won't be using the dot multis anymore.
    I have to agree with this. A lot of the time tier set bonuses on the last tier of the expansion are ways for them to test new talent or ability changes in a real game environment. I like to believe this is what they plan to do with Aimed Shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoey View Post
    imo all they should do is give MM explosive shot, but as it was back in wrath beta. Basically just does its damage to everything in a range, 5-10yds probably. I think MM play style is pretty decent right now (I don't like instant aimed personally play style wise, but otherwise love it) except it has no real aoe. They might have to take the cleave off chimera though so MM isn't too good for aoe. As far as CD goes I don't know they might nerf its damage a bit and give no CD so its just the new filler. I doubt making it share with chim would be good.

But if they were to give a dot back to MM I think it should just be piercing shots. The elemental dots don't fit the fantasy to me. Serpent sting kind of does in a poisoned arrow sort of deal but meh, I just like the thought of a bleed more.
    You mean for Marksmanship they could replace Multishot with Explosive Shot.

Nope they are going for less buttons not more.

Theres only 2 changes I'd want to current MM a chance to proc kill shot above 35% and a bleed from crits again Piercing shots felt like it fit the fantasy of a bow wielding sniper so well to me and I really want it back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    BM has arcane and they want to differentiate specs, so I don't expect that one to be added to MM.
    Except it doesn't differentiate at all. AS is a flavorless shot that has no link to BM as a pet spec (and that's where it differentiates itself from MM).