Thread: Only ARAM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really like getting Vel'Koz, Ryze and Annie. I also like tanky champs like Garen and Hecarim.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

I play about 80% ARAM, 20% Ranked these days.

I agree that ARAM is just more fun. Especially since they added mark/dash. Melee isn't a death sentence anymore.

Ever since the addition of snowballs I stopped playing it, wasnt appealing anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guiz - remember how the counterplay to Juggernauts is to kite them? Let's just give them a spell so they can instantly get to your backline!

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Ever since the addition of snowballs I stopped playing it, wasnt appealing anymore.
    The snowballs (mark) aren't as strong as they were before, but they still function the same. I never run without it, it gives me an extra peek into the bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I play a lot more ARAM than anything else. It's just a good game mode when you have some time to kill but don't want to spend too much time in a game. Also it doesn't have the whole serious business deal that Ranked comes with.

Only downside outside of getting screwed over with team comps is that some people think that just because it's a fun game mode they aren't required to try much at all. So they have a horrible build and constantly go in and die and end up losing the game for you because not only are they dead weight, they also gave the enemy team an early level 6.
    Your last paragraph doesn't make sense to your first one.

ARAM isn't serious even in the slightest, and if you want a win for IP, then play against bots. ARAM is for playing without purpose and it's suppose to be TDM. Play with your team not against them... if they seem like they are throwing for SnG then do so too. Not only does it alleviate you from "winning" the game, but also ups your enjoyment factor.

Or if you can't beat them, join them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Your last paragraph doesn't make sense to your first one.

ARAM isn't serious even in the slightest, and if you want a win for IP, then play against bots.
    This whole game isn't serious, if you want to do troll shit like lichbane kalista and ruunans mundo then go play against bots or get a 5 man premade.

Randoms matchmaking is neither the time nor place to intentionally lose the game through trolling. And yes, it's fucking trolling. I'm not saying non-meta like ap nasus and attack speed lulu I mean legitimate "these items are literally useless" and "why are you running into them over and over for the first 3 minutes of the game?"

I guess I don't understand how intentionally losing is fun /shrug I've already gotten the notification that my reports have punished players 3 times on my main who I only play arams on anymore and it was for "lulu just aramz imma feed" types so clearly I'm not the only one who doesn't like that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    I guess I don't understand how intentionally losing is fun /shrug I've already gotten the notification that my reports have punished players 3 times on my main who I only play arams on anymore and it was for "lulu just aramz imma feed" types so clearly I'm not the only one who doesn't like that shit.
    OOOH, you report people and used the Tribunal. Way to wipe Rito's ass for them.

Secondly, the Tribunal is a joke. Can you prove that I was intentionally trying to lose? 5000$ you cannot, unless I specifically said as much. You get parses of information with no context.. and then you vote to take action against these people. It's a trial without representation. It's all jury and no trial, it goes against everything we Americans believe in and yet you laud the process.

You know sometimes it's fun to go against the grain, try messed up shit and lose. The only real contest against messed up builds is to play against people. Bots are a joke and aren't a test of skill even on the hardest difficulty. You we tend to take it to non-serious environments to play against people to test out fun stuff.

Randoms matchmaking is neither the time nor place to intentionally lose the game through trolling. And yes, it's fucking trolling. I'm not saying non-meta like ap nasus and attack speed lulu I mean legitimate "these items are literally useless" and "why are you running into them over and over for the first 3 minutes of the game?"
    You might need to evaluate if ARAM isn't serious to you or even the game in general. Because, you don't report people and fucking use the Tribunal if the game isn't serious business. I feel it's a bit pathetic that you feel vindication from using the Tribunal if you only play ARAM.

It very much sounds like a YOU problem.
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Damn I wrote up this whole page worth of dialogue then I realized you didn't actually read what I wrote and took what I said out of context so I'm just gonna say a few words.

There's no such thing as tribunal anymore. I didn't imply you were intentionally losing but you sure got defensive huh I used your poor logic against you stating that if you want to win go do bots with if you want to be a trolling shitlord to do bots or premade 5s so you don't waste the time of other players. I hate the report happy community and feel mute should be used more but going 0/34 in a 20 minute game is unacceptable.

The only person here with a problem is you, but thanks for reminding me about my rule of not posting here lest all the bronze rubs off on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    Damn I wrote up this whole page worth of dialogue then I realized you didn't actually read what I wrote and took what I said out of context so I'm just gonna say a few words.

There's no such thing as tribunal anymore. I didn't imply you were intentionally losing but you sure got defensive huh I used your poor logic against you stating that if you want to win go do bots with if you want to be a trolling shitlord to do bots or premade 5s so you don't waste the time of other players. I hate the report happy community and feel mute should be used more but going 0/34 in a 20 minute game is unacceptable.

The only person here with a problem is you, but thanks for reminding me about my rule of not posting here lest all the bronze rubs off on me.
    At this point you are flaming and enticing. Nice try though. 2/10. Though for the sake of conversation, I will make one last effort to prove your only intention for responding to anything, was to entice a completely negative response. You are complaining about trolls and shit lords, but don't seem to have a grasp that you are part of the problem.

Let me hit you with something.
    I realized you didn't actually read what I wrote and took what I said out of context so I'm just gonna say a few words.
    What did I take out of context? If anything, YOU took what I said out of context. Here is what I said.

ARAM isn't serious even in the slightest, and if you want a win for IP, then play against bots. ARAM is for playing without purpose and it's suppose to be TDM. Play with your team not against them... if they seem like they are throwing for SnG then do so too. Not only does it alleviate you from "winning" the game, but also ups your enjoyment factor.

Or if you can't beat them, join them.
    I'm saying go with the flow and alleviate your responsibility from taking the game seriously. Especially in something that isn't a competition and has no MMR. There are people that will try to ruin anything, and reporting them and getting salty is EXACTLY what they want. You are playing right into their hands. Now here is what you said and I'm going to break it down.
    This whole game isn't serious, if you want to do troll shit like lichbane kalista and ruunans mundo then go play against bots or get a 5 man premade.
    You say the game isn't serious, but you, in the same sentence, try to justify what you deem "troll shit" in the same breath. That doesn't exude a careless attitude. The exact opposite, if I do say so. It makes YOU, come off as defensive. Because it seems like you need to justify your actions.

Here is another point in you take this game very seriously. Like I said before, playing bots on the hardest difficulty is a joke. The only way to test a build is to play against people. While, I agree people that intentionally go 0/34 is annoying but it's not serious game, right?. So why do you care so much to not only name call but to report? Does winning, a non-ranked, invisible and pointless MMR game mean that much to you?

Again, way to serious of a reaction for a pointless match.

Here is what I leave you with and I hope you find clarity in life afterwards.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/new...-heads-testing

The problem here isn't the speed of the feedback at all...

The problem is that there is no clearly defined, definitive set of rules for people to follow. You are essentially creating the worlds largest lynch mob, where the overwhelming majority of people in charge of punishments are teenagers who aren't mature enough to make those kinds of decisions on their own.

Part of the problem is that it's far too easy to report, people don't consider reporting a big deal (on either side: reported or reportee) and so it becomes a weapon against people you didn't like. That's a big deal when it is a system meant for serious offenses and excessive behaviors.
    Or this one...

It's not that I don't know how to act, the problem is people report for the dumbest things and then their response is "I thought it was offensive" or "I thought you were being negative". I'm not talking about stuff that's actually toxic, I'm talking about isolated comments like:

"you fed" to the person who died 12 times and was blaming the team for losing
    "<insert champion> is trash" in champ select referring to the champion, not the player
    "why do we have three top lanes, are you trolling?" to the team with irelia, shyvana and fiora to go with my adc after I came back from taking a piss during champion select. They fed on purpose, went afk in lane and then harassed me all game and reported me.

Those are the kinds of things I'm talking about. Things that even if you considered them rude they aren't toxic and they aren't against the spirit of the summoner's code, particularly when you consider they were isolated comments. Not excessive or ongoing.

We need more clear rules because people use the report system as a weapon against people they don't like, instead of reporting the kinds of behavior Lyte is talking about. However, because their "validity" checking amounts to searching the logs for words those reports are considered valid if you so much as cursed, which isn't against the rules.

What I am getting it, is you are that person. You use the report feature as a weapon against people you don't like, and that's part of the problem. You report anytime someone steps beyond what YOU consider "trolling and shit lording."

You are just as toxic, if not more, as the people are a reporting against. You don't even have the self realization enough to make that connection. If you want to continue this conversation, take it to PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post

You are just as toxic, if not more, as the people are a reporting against. You don't even have the self realization enough to make that connection. If you want to continue this conversation, take it to PMs.
    If you queue up alone to have "fun" you're a worthless waste of space and should be perma banned. Too bad the people at Riot are too fucking casual themselves to punish bad play.

I play ARAM usually when I don't have enough time for a 5v5 game.

aram is a pretty good way to enjoy the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rias View Post
    I play ARAM usually when I don't have enough time for a 5v5 game.
    This. I do enjoy it though, although I (obviously) prefer the poke champions.

Deleted
    I think ARAM is a good way of practice for rankeds

Got my 3000th ARAM win today. I'm proud, happy & thrilled

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I play about 80% ARAM, 20% Ranked these days.

I agree that ARAM is just more fun. Especially since they added mark/dash. Melee isn't a death sentence anymore.
    I wish they'd restrict it from certain ranged champs. Like Annie/Morg/Fiddle i can see having it, but like I keep seeing orianas and heimers.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I wish they'd restrict it from certain ranged champs. Like Annie/Morg/Fiddle i can see having it, but like I keep seeing orianas and heimers.
    Might wanna add Illaoi to that list..

Got her 3 times today, the match was so one sided it wasn't even fair. Her ult/passive everything on aram is so OP its ridiculous.

All 3 games I got at least 1 pentakill (2nd game with her I got 3) it was so stupid OP...

Deleted
    For me it depends on how I feel and how much free time do I have. If I have more time and feel to play a specific champion I play normal and if I feel adventurous or am tired I play aram and try out new champions. It's fast and more fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussemilch View Post
    Is there anyone else who just enjoys the quick, intense, random fun of these games and only plays ARAM mode?
    add me: plastikmannn