Are inn followers randomly generated?

I'm just wondering how many followers are actually in this game. For example, if I search the garrison ability "Alchemy" on WoWhead, I can find only one follower, Bruma Swiftstone. A follower that you recruit somewhere or start with who has alchemy by default. But, with the inn it seems like you could get an endless supply of alchemy followers if you wanted to.

The inn followers also aren't listed in the followers tab, where you can see followers you haven't collected yet.

I'm really quite curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not infinite, there are around 200. Another example of Blizzard insanity toward completionist : p Best advice is farming gold to buy Frozen Arms if you are one.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is something like 250 followers at the tavern, each with an assigned class. This limits the abilities they can counter. Traits however are randomly generated, no tavern follower has any specific trait, so if you were to search for an alchemist, you could get any single one of the 250+ followers. Whereas if you were to choose to counter something like wild aggression (so you'd need a follower with taunt), it would only pick those with a class capable of taunting (guardian druid, blood dk etc).

For professions there is one follower for every profession where they start with that profession, which is why there is only one that is listed.

Filter of all followers recruited from the tavern. http://www.wowhead.com/followers?fil...=5;crs=1;crv=0

If you click on a follower from that list you can see their class and a list of abilities they will potentially be able to counter. As said, they can roll any none unique/special trait (things like garona, nat pagle, phylarch etc abilities that cannot be rolled away)
    Last edited by Rixis; 2015-08-13 at 10:52 PM.

Wow, 250. That is a shitload.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 years of gathering, so get too it

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the recruiter would break, if it only had 1 or 2 potential followers left to show you.

I don't want to keep going back to the garrison every week for 5 years to find out though.

Although you could try to force it to run out of potential followers faster, by recruiting a specific race each week. I might try that. I've already recruited a pile of night elves on my main (mostly luck, as I was picking for traits not race), so I might check to see how many nelfs are left and go after them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't make it pick night elves though, once it exhausts night elves it just won't show them.

The only way for it to possibly show an incomplete list would be to constantly recruit one trait counter (massive strike, wild aggression etc), as eventually it would run out of people who have a class capable of countering thing.

Group damage and magic debuff can only be rolled on 72 followers and wild aggression can only be countered by 80. So if you wanted to break it, find out which of those 72 or 80 followers you have most of, then keep recruiting for one of those trait counters. Starting from fresh it would take around 18 month, but you've likely already found some of them.

Filter with added counter: http://www.wowhead.com/followers?fil...rs=1:3;crv=0:0

Change may counter damage drop down to magic debuff and wild aggression to see those ones.

I tend to choose a trait i want and then wait for a relaly cool looking one. there are some who look fantastic and wear armor you dont see or can get anymore.

Lucia Nightbane, Reina Morningchill, etc

I used my inn to get some cool looking npc's to be standing around in my profession buildings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I tend to choose a trait i want and then wait for a relaly cool looking one. there are some who look fantastic and wear armor you dont see or can get anymore.
    Same here, and when it rolls 3 shitty ones, I don't pick one at all for that week.

I am still trying to get the paladin that gives you a toy, with 4-5 chars, still didnt end up having him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Same here, and when it rolls 3 shitty ones, I don't pick one at all for that week.
    I only just started picking gold followers, after that will be GR followers - for my tailor. Figuring making 28 slots bags might be worthwhile for a while

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    5 years of gathering, so get too it
    Get all Followers from Inn, when no achievement, no empty grey "slots" (like unobtained mounts and pets have)... Why? I can understand being a completionist, but only on what limits the game gives. Trying to get them all, gear them and then deactivate them... what a waste of time and resources. They are yours to do as you please, but don't suggest to others that they should follow you at your folly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Get all Followers from Inn, when no achievement, no empty grey "slots" (like unobtained mounts and pets have)... Why? I can understand being a completionist, but only on what limits the game gives. Trying to get them all, gear them and then deactivate them... what a waste of time and resources. They are yours to do as you please, but don't suggest to others that they should follow you at your folly.
    It was a joke... Rixis was joking.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    It was a joke... Rixis was joking.
    I do hope he was (you seem to know him/her, but I don't). I still remember the complain some players did on the official forums about the number of followers and the time to gather them all (Pokefollower?) and the blue response that this was not needed (max follower achi is 40) and not intended.

Deleted
    There are alot of followers with most of them being either characters from the past or wow fan-franchises like Flintlocke

Deleted
    In practice it's irrelevant if they are 9999999999999 or if they are only 3. Since the traits/abilities are automatically generated then it doesn't matter how many they are. Each week will be equally random.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a set number. They did say it wasn't practical to collect them all as at the time there was 256 followers before Garona and the 6.2 followers were added.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want them all but my 25 current followers are enough for my needs.
    So I just look for Treasure Hunters, pick the one with the coolest name, then bench him/her forever.