Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

I love yaks
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I only regret it because they took away reforging and only gave us transmog as a substitute. Over 100k spent on a useless mount.
    I love posts like this that conveniently ignore the year plus of reforging it gave you if you bought it at the start. I more than got my moneys worth out of it. Then again if Blizzard put $500 in a box and gave it away for free people would complain the money wasn't in sequentially numbered bills so whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its nice not having to run all the way to a reforge guy when you like changing your transmog as often as i do, well worth the gold in my opinion

Deleted
    My Yak serves me well, every character I have a bar in the bottom right corner of Proffesions, Yak mount and random favourite mount, the transmog is really handy to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmirino View Post
    For those who have bought the Grand Expedition Yak, do you have any regrets doing so? I reached gold cap recently and can't think of anything else to spend it on aside from a Swift Spectral Tiger and this Yak was something that came to mind. I bet that a lot of people in this section have spent a hefty amount of gold on mounts, pets or towards an achievement so I thought I'd ask.
    Never, it is very handy and I use it all the time.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Get the Spectral Tiger first. I got mine back in Cataclysm and I still use only that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love mine! But I'm definitely a collector at heart, so I would want it anyway.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    transmog on the way is awesome

also 10 achievement points

10+ Year Old Account
    It was absolutely worth the gold and I did not regret it after the first day. I had the mammoth for a while but it's eventually too ugly for me, plus the transmog on-the-go is personally still very useful considering that I'm the kind of person that almost immediately tries to mog upgrade gear. I like to believe looking good enhances your performance :P

I use mine all the time, for transmog reasons. The other vendor don't have anything useful.

I make money in wod mostly from selling on ah my profession's products, treasure missions with treasure hunters and from dailies.

I always wanted it, but only once had enough to get it. I'm a spender. I'm not ashamed.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

In MoP I or the guild bought one for every raid lead we had. We did this to make sure each raid could reforge on the fly and to reward people for herding cats and raid leading. We did get to use it to some degree, but having the reforge part go away so soon is slightly annoying. I certainly wouldn't have paid 600k for xmog mounts for the guild.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

First thing I did in MoP was ride up and buy it. I enjoyed leveling with it (mostly because everyone whispered me where I got it/how I could afford it). I got plenty of use out of it while it still had a reforge vendors on it, and I still get plenty of use out of it now. I consider it one of my important items to use on characters, so much that when I level an alt/play other characters I have a spot for the mount on my bar. Another one is the water strider, both very useful. Sure, there is the other vendor mount (which I own as well), but it's not as gaudy.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Though I have 1.3 million gold, I haven't bought it because it also means: 2 months of sub. Also...I have my transmogs in the bank and my HS to Shrine of 2 Moons...so the Tranmogger is kinda useless

Also I am at only 217 mounts.... far away from 250...and not really seeing ways to buy / farm the missing mounts....
    Tokens on your end cost 50k?!

They're around 25k for my K'T US server

I never got it, I rather buy TCG mounts. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmirino View Post
    For those who have bought the Grand Expedition Yak, do you have any regrets doing so? I reached gold cap recently and can't think of anything else to spend it on aside from a Swift Spectral Tiger and this Yak was something that came to mind. I bet that a lot of people in this section have spent a hefty amount of gold on mounts, pets or towards an achievement so I thought I'd ask.
    I bought the Yak when it first came out, after selling Teebu's Blazing Longsword for 170k. I never regretted it for a moment, and I still don't regret it. It's probably my most used purchase, ever. Gear comes and goes, Achievs will get easier over time. However, that Yak has been used by me since within a month of it being released to today, where I still find myself using it for one reason or another. I wish the secondary NPC was more useful, but that doesn't make me love him any less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had nothing else to spend my gold on as well, so for me, I just thought I might as well. Just hoping in Legion there is a lot more cool stuff available, otherwise I am gold capped pointlessly

10+ Year Old Account
    No regrets on buying it, I miss reforging but I like transmog enough that the Yak was still a decent buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

As one who loves to keep my mogs up, it's a mount I intend to buy at some point. Main reason I haven't is I've been buying mounts off the AH, which fluctuate in price and availability, whereas the yak is from a vendor.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember countless hours and countless litres of Red Bull spent arcane-exploding troggs in Deeoholm with a very specific goal leading up to the Mists launch.

I had my Yak the second I hit Kun Lai.

Regrets? Nope. I was a little disapointed when I realised the second vendor I thought was a transmog vendor was a reforger, but I got over it. I was however REALLY stoked in 6.0 when they removed reforging and changes that guy to a transmog vendor. Now I love it even more.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

No. I bought it at the beginning of MoP, so I've enjoyed the mount for years now. Also 108k isn't much anymore, that's about a weeks income. I've bought most of the TCG mounts this xpac, and I use them less while paying more for them.