Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

After 2 months got a non Left Shark rare mission

So I don't even run naval missions even if I have a command table in the Town Hall. I just check the missions every day or so per alt.

Saw that I had a mount mission today ... AFTER TWO MONTHS. All right. I'll actually kind of try. It's not life and death but it's an excuse to give a fuck about a feature that ... whatever.

Was 75% with the shit ships I had on hand, bought 1500 GR of crap, got to 96%.

Failed, obviously.

I wish the shitty ships had blown up too.

Blizzard has naval missions so totally, dreadfully, completely wrong. How do they come up with this shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. At least you got a rare mission to spawn. My main still hasn't seen one. Not a single one.

I hate the shipyard system and yes I know hate is a strong word, but that's how I feel about it. It would be one thing if the missions would respawn so you can redo them (afaik, only the legendary quest missions and possibly the raid cache mission will respawn within a couple of days if you fail them). My understanding of the rares is that if you fail them, oh well you're going to wait another eternity for one to appear again.

I'm super frustrated that they won't even spawn for me.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I don't know. At least you got a rare mission to spawn. My main still hasn't seen one. Not a single one.

I hate the shipyard system and yes I know hate is a strong word, but that's how I feel about it. It would be one thing if the missions would respawn so you can redo them (afaik, only the legendary quest missions and possibly the raid cache mission will respawn within a couple of days if you fail them). My understanding of the rares is that if you fail them, oh well you're going to wait another eternity for one to appear again.

I'm super frustrated that they won't even spawn for me.
    This shipyard thing is a disaster. Im curious if anyone actually likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    It's one of the least compelling systems, actually one of the most off-putting systems I've ever encountered in the game, for sure.

Blizzard knows how to do the Skinner box, at least, supposedly, right? If so, how could they get something so simple so horribly wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    It's one of the least compelling systems, actually one of the most off-putting systems I've ever encountered in the game, for sure.

Blizzard knows how to do the Skinner box, at least, supposedly, right? If so, how could they get something so simple so horribly wrong?
    It's a good question actually. I mean they don't *always* get it right, but they usually get pretty close. We know it's not *completely* broken, as some people report getting the missions, but it definitely seems jacked up somehow for a lot of us. The people who DO get the rare missions get them fairly regularly, and the rest of us don't get them at all.

This is so far off the mark as to be ludicrous. The rare shipyard missions just aren't popping, and it's 2 months in. I am holding out hope that they are going to tweak this system behind the scenes for 6.2.2.

Otherwise, I really don't know how I'm going to get the achievement done. It requires you to complete 3 of the 6 rare missions. I haven't seen any of them, and it's been 8 weeks since the patch content went live. If the frequency is not guaranteed, I could literally be waiting years to get 3 missions done. Longer than that if I actually want to own all the items from the missions. These somehow feel like worse odds than waiting for that 1 transmog piece on the BMAH.

Which ticks me off. I usually put a considerable amount of effort in to finish each expansion's achievements so I can move on to the next, without having to deal with traveling back to old continents daily to do stuff.

Praying for a 6.2.2 fix.

Deleted
    Got BMAH and both heirloom rings. I can now ignore this abomination called shipyard.

Heard that you can get a TCG mount from it, right? Riding Turtle or something like this. Idk, I bought it for 300k off BMAH.

I'd be happy to see the mount mission pop up... running shipyard crap on 8 chars at the moment, usually just by mindlessly sending them at the highest % missions available after sending my 2 elf ships to oil rig.
    So far, I got BMAH on 5 chars (of course not on my main), Left Shark pet about 6 times, but still no sign of the recolored riverbeast ;p

@Esubane

99.999999999999% sure thats false.

You *can* get yet another hideous Riverbeast mount, though - really only matters for the numbers if you're a collector, as I am.

I've yet to get any rare missions other than baleful gear. It's disgusting.
    Casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    I'd be happy to see the mount mission pop up... running shipyard crap on 8 chars at the moment, usually just by mindlessly sending them at the highest % missions available after sending my 2 elf ships to oil rig.
    So far, I got BMAH on 5 chars (of course not on my main), Left Shark pet about 6 times, but still no sign of the recolored riverbeast ;p
    I read things like this, and I know... I am cursed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Got left shark twice on the same character. Never had any other rare missions pop up. Thanks Obama.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2015-08-14 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Shpellingth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Liked the idea initially, swap some weapons was alright ... until 100% was out of reach due to random crew bullshit mechanics .. wtf, finally it's bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Got left shark twice in the same character. Never had any other rare missions pop up. Thanks Obama.
    I too, have gotten the Left Shark on my main twice. I kept one and gifted the other to a friend. My 2 alts however have seen nothing....go figure.

Well I just got the left shark mission the other day, so your RNG is already better than mine, I just get apexis missions or missions for 195 gold, I even broke down and built the ship yard on two alts to try and see what more it offers. I don't bother to swap out ship features, I might had they raised the cap on garrison resources, why they let you get 100k oil, but still 10k resources is beyond me but now I just send them and roll the dice.

After having one shipyard with little luck, I nded up doing shipyards on 12 toons last week in hopes of the hippo showing up on one. It finally showed up on toon number 7 last night. Lucked out that I had almost all the right counters and only had to change one equip to get 100%. Every other toon? Pretty much left shark and nothing. So yeah, I got lucky. The percentage seems to be kinda crappy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Got BMAH and both heirloom rings. I can now ignore this abomination called shipyard.

Heard that you can get a TCG mount from it, right? Riding Turtle or something like this. Idk, I bought it for 300k off BMAH.
    Riding turtle is from the Fishing Shack. The enemy that spawns from Lunarfall Carp/Frostwall Minnow can drop it. That's where I got mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

wait you mean you can get rare missions that aren't for baleful gear?! /s

But seriously I haven't seen a single one that wasn't baleful gear.

OT: i absolutely loathe the Shipyard as i've failed 3 different 93-98% missions and each of them have resulted in the loss of both ships.

I only got mount missions - twice. No pet, heirloom or BMAH mission.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am yet to get a single rare shityard mission
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    The rare shipyard missions just aren't popping, and it's 2 months in. I am holding out hope that they are going to tweak this system behind the scenes for 6.2.2.
    One of the major problems with the rare shipyard missions is that there doesn't seem to be any way to know when you will get them.

The requirement to turn on the new rare garrison missions is pretty well established (character 675 equippable ilevel + 10 x 650 ilevel followers + 20 followers?) but no one seems to know whether the shipyard missions are just really rare or whether they have obscure requirements or whatever.

In any event they're no fun. It's definitely no fun to have no reason to use the shipyard AT ALL most of the time, then have a mission come up and be unable to complete it.

I guess they wanted us to make a bunch of new ships every where, I guess thats why I got like 10k oil which isn't used for anything except building ships.
    I just wish blizzard wouldn't force stuff like this on to us, I guess they saw statistics and that a lot of people used the garrisons, but pretty impossible to not get good statistics when you force everybody to use it lol.

I haven't gotten a single rare mission which drop heirlooms, mounts or pets from garrisons or shipyards and I log on at least once per day most weeks and do 1 round of each.