Heroic- Fel Lord Zakuun questions

Today, we kept having a few issues despite getting to a 6% wipe. We had 12 people. Normally, we would have 3 pillars spawn, but on occasion, we would start to get 4 pillars spawning. We noticed it might be happening after we brez someone. Is this supposed to be a thing?

Second, the other tank, a monk, was having some issues. He was taking Such a high amount of heavy handed compared to me, the warrior tank. Is that normal? For example, our final try, we got to 28%. He took 3.5 Million damage from heavy handed, I took 1.1 Million. The first time we went into disarmed phase, I was the main target. The second time we went into disarmed, he was the main target. So this is after each of us was the off tank to heavy handed. What could be causing such a large gap in damage taken from this?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

A monk's "damage taken" is a worthless barometer for their performance. A brewmaster takes a lot of damage inherently post nerf, but the vast majority of it can be absorbed with guard or self healed through with gift and expel harm. You would have to give his logs if you want people to tell you what went wrong on his possible deaths or his performance.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-08-14 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    A monk's "damage taken" is a worthless barometer for their performance. A brewmaster takes a lot of damage inherently post nerf, but the vast majority of it can be absorbed with guard or self healed through with gift and expel harm. You would have to give his logs if you want people to tell you what went wrong on his possible deaths or his performance.
    That sucks to know. I just know that he died every time he was not tanking the boss during disarmed phase. The healers could keep me up through that same damage as a warrior tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Might be him not using purifying often enough. On Zakuun You accumulate stagger during his disarmed phase very quickly. i generally stockpile Chi for that phase so I can guard and purify at will.

That said I do tend to take way more damage than our DK tanks.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

When you have someone die that's less DPS on the boss so you get another pillar from prolonging the encounter.
    Look at damage taken outside of absorbs and self heal for the real comparison.