Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    I never understood the idea that Europe needs to flex it's muscles. I wish the U.S. would just withdraw all defense and support and see how long they last >.>
    The collective military of the countries in Europe is bigger than yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Even IF it's bigger capabilities and technology are going to be behind the US military.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood the idea that Europe needs to flex it's muscles. I wish the U.S. would just withdraw all defense and support and see how long they last >.>
    The British, French, German and Italian forces are enough to protect EU nations from any likely threat, so all you'd be doing is weakening the American strategic position.

Plus Ireland doesn't have any US forces stationed there, though they use Irish airports, so it would just put additional stress on the US military.

I don't think you thought that through very well.

15+ Year Old Account
    In terms of military personnel sure, in terms of quantity/quality of tech the US dwarves pretty much the rest of the world combined.

If we're just going by number of soldiers, China is the biggest military in the world. If we're talking about force projection, Canada can project force around the world more effectively than China, with a population that's like 1% of China's (and the Canadian military is the butt of every joke here in NA, but it's only because we're adjacent to a hyperpower).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-08-14 at 05:53 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Even IF it's bigger capabilities and technology are going to be behind the US military.
    There isn't much likelihood of the US and EU going to war anytime soon, so that isn't an issue.

But not behind anyone else. Actually, some of the technology is quite interesting.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PL-01

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

On the other hand, why do we even waste solitary confinement on these people... They're obviously not worth breathing if they're openly supporting terrorism...
    I think the US is more than happy with how much it benefits from Europe.
    Being a NATO member does not give the US the rigth to force european countries to listen to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    But not behind anyone else. Actually, some of the technology is quite interesting.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PL-01
    At best it looks comparable to an Abrams, speeds about the same despite being half the weight. I get the feeling it's armor isn't quite so good though.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    At best it looks comparable to an Abrams, speeds about the same despite being half the weight. I get the feeling it's armor isn't quite so good though.
    The big issue with the Abrams and Bradley, is that they are actually too light (making them vulnerable to explosives).

The US Army was planning to build an 84 ton behemoth (twice the size of the US Bradley) that was going to laugh off even the biggest IEDs of Iraq/Afghanistan, carry a 9 man squad inside, had an engine that would allow it to drive almost twice as fast as the Bradley (once both are armored up to specification), and was rumoured to be impervious to a direct hit from all existing tank designs.

They stopped building it, because it wasn't needed.

Abrams and Bradley
    Abrams and Bradley, Apache, A10 ground attack plane, they all were made to fight the Soviets. They are older systems than many posters here.

The Buffalo was made for IEDs I think.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the last part is important.(and a really good point) Tanks and fighter jets are last centry war machines. New war machines are drones, and in the long term, between larger powers, cyberspace. If the US wants to protect itself, it should beef up its cybersecurity.

China and Russia are ahead of the US in this regard. (Both in offensive and defensive measures)
    Are they though? I mean hacking e-mails maybe but weren't we Stuxnet or whatever that basically shut down Iran's nuclear program.

EU prisons treat prisoners as humans.

I know in the UK some prisoners have it cushy with '3 hots and a cot' every day, never having to worry about being cold or paying bills, they have cable TV etc

Prisoners live better than a lot of UKs elderly who each year have to choose between heating their homes or eating, many die of the cold. The same people who fought for the country.

Its kinda sickening how well EU treats its prisoners. Much prefer americas approach.

15+ Year Old Account
    Problem with stuff like that is we know that happened because it was discovered. What could be running in our vital systems that we do not know about?

From outward appearance it seems that both Russia and China are spending more money/human resources on their cyberarmy/cyberwarriors...(or whatever tag they will get)

Of course the US could be better and hiding it... so I could be wrong.
    The NSA is the only global intelligence agency with a nuclear option in cyberspace - they push the big red button - the global internet turns off. Every country everywhere becomes isolated.

This is essentially the US's master plan in cyberspace defense - not to beat the hackers of the world, or the chinese, or the russians - but that if they ever feel like they are losing: they can simply revert to a land war.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The NSA is the only global intelligence agency with a nuclear option in cyberspace - they push the big red button - the global internet turns off.
    That's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    That we have a moral compass and treat our prisoners humanely is one of the things that separates us from the scum of the world, such as terrorists.

We're better than them because we act better than them.
    Morality is a consensus on what is right and what is wrong.

The consensus is that terrorists are filth and it is right that they be destroyed.

The dissenting opinion of SJWs is that terrorists deserve soccer fields and cable tv and this somehow represents what is moral.

Why is the majority listening to SJWs?

Why are the SJWs so concerned with accommodating terrorists?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Morality is a consensus on what is right and what is wrong.

The consensus is that terrorists are filth and it is right that they be destroyed.

The dissenting opinion of SJWs is that terrorists deserve soccer fields and cable tv and this somehow represents what is moral.

Why is the majority listening to SJWs?

Why are the SJWs so concerned with accommodating terrorists?
    You seem to be under the impression that treating people humanely = pandering to their every whim. You're wrong.

Morally you are in the Dark Ages along with some of these extremists. If you're happy with that then that's your choice, obviously I hold myself to a far higher standard than you do for yourself and I don't really have an issue with my choice.

Interesting.

Can we ship our entire supermax prison population to Ireland? It'd only take a week or so and Ireland would be happy to house them in a much better environment.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Our Prisons are too inhumane? Looks like someone watches too much TV, it isn't OZ

Deleted
    He had a trial and served his sentence and seems to be rehabilitated. Sending him to the Americans will result in him being raped, tortured both mentally and physically.

We should not send anyone to a country that does not let UN investigators into prisons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Reject your statement because of the premise that TERRORISTS deserve to be treated "humanely" in the first place.
    Why should a 'terrorist' be treated worst than a serial killer or rapist?