Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    I wonder, is Gurth better than Shadowmourne? The aoe proc really doesn't do that much.
    While the proc is good, you are also getting a ton of extra stats and a large chunk of throughput when it does proc.

That said, if you started the legendary quest and have a Shinka - even the LFR version - that's fully gemmed with the prince gem and everything you might be better off using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    What? Did the TBC ones last weekend and the tentacle was 6-8% of my DMG. Certainly works.
    Huh. I had it equipped for half a dungeon and it just never procced. Maybe it's because I was Blood or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    Huh. I had it equipped for half a dungeon and it just never procced. Maybe it's because I was Blood or something?
    Bad RNG or not paying attention on your part. The current problem with procs in Timewalking is that some items lose proc rate when your above a certain level, Bone-link Fetish for instance will not proc at lvl 100, even in TW. Gurth doesn't have this problem, go hit the nearest dummy with Gurth equipped and see for yourself.

Last edited by Kronik85; 2015-08-22 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruunicus View Post
    I do not understand what some of you anti-(this thread) don't get. It's like some of you are actually offended.

This is nothing more than a thread to put some gear together and get some cool combinations and being overpowered. I expect most of us don't really care about the rewards at this stage as we're normally above the 660 gear drops (and if not, this just makes it even easier to get them.)

The fun part for me is the mix of old and new *scaled gear.

Anyway, I tried the Touch of the Void and it is indeed quite overpowered. I don;t see any trinket actually usurping it's damage unless you're using a specific set of trinkets as a crazy combo thing.
    I'm not anti...I just answered someones question and they couldn't handle my answer and resorted to name calling...like I said I have nothing against you but it's just not my thing...like I said he shouldn't of asked the question if he didn't fear the answer...I would of never posted here if it wasn't for the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    GREAT Unholy list!

I'm still not seeing Gurth beating Shin'ka though (even if slight)... or RNG is horrible for me as I suffer very few procs when using it. The helm is particularly awesome in this set as I forgot it can be slotted with the Legendary gem and you can also get the extra slot bonus due to the red gem.

Thanks so much Kronik85
    Last edited by Ruunicus; 2015-08-22 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of Shadowmourne is less the proc and more the hefty chunk of strength you are gaining on a regular basis, the AoE is just an extra bonus.

For single target boss fights you might get a lead with Gurth, but on trash Shadowmourne increases your overall damage output, making your AoE more potent.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I'm happy to split the difference on the weapon debate really. Without TW being up we have no way to test so it would just be us talking circles and I have no desire to do that. Shadowmourne BiS, Gurth for Bosses and Sha for trash if you don't have have access to Shadowmourne?

A show of hands please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy to split the difference on the weapon debate really. Without TW being up we have no way to test so it would just be us talking circles and I have no desire to do that. Shadowmourne BiS, Gurth for Bosses and Sha for trash if you don't have have access to Shadowmourne?

A show of hands please.
    Well played

Works for me. Either or is 2ndBiS! lol

Darkmoon Card: Greatness. I forgot how crazy powerful it was. I used wowhead to scale it and I think it's better than the Eye of Unmaking due to the 35% 105 Strength proc (0 CD). The 35% near guarantees for it proc within a few seconds. It's kind of like having an extra "static" almost-Shadowmourne on hand as the strength is equal to the weapon strength (and gems) as well as almost the total from Shadowmourne's strength proc (minus the AOE). Just don't have to build up any stacks.

Although it's kind of a boring trinket compared to combo'ing something up.
    Last edited by Ruunicus; 2015-08-22 at 11:35 PM.

Assuming 1 PPM on DMC:G then yes I think we have a winner. It was a beast in Wrath only being replaced by Death's Verdict or an ICC trinket so I can see this being true.

/edit: Looking over the Wowhead the ICD is 45 secs, and it procs off everything. Easily BiS over Eye of Unmaking.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2015-08-23 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming 1 PPM on DM:G then yes I think we have a winner. It was a beast in Wrath only being replaced by Death's Verdict or an ICC trinket so I can this being true.

/edit: Looking over the Wowhead the ICD is 45 secs, and it procs off everything. Easily BiS over Eye of Unmaking.
    45 sec ICD? Wowhead shows 0 sec ICD but comments are stating that they were changed to 45 sec. No clue which is correct. I missed that. I wonder how powerful the Darkmoon Card: Death would be for Unholy (Shadow Damage) due to Unholy's Mastery. Even in BC's Timewalking it damages for 509 - 653 Shadow damage (15% proc off all damage). Diseases and something like DC or EDH, etc. may make it super powerful... if it doesn't have an ICD.

45 sec ICD? Wowhead shows 0 sec ICD but comments are stating that they were changed to 45 sec. No clue which is correct. I missed that. I wonder how powerful the Darkmoon Card: Death would be for Unholy (Shadow Damage) due to Unholy's Mastery. Even in BC's Timewalking it damages for 509 - 653 Shadow damage (15% proc off all damage). Diseases and something like DC or EDH, etc. may make it super powerful... if it doesn't have an ICD.
    45 sec ICD on the proc for Death, so not brilliant I don't think. DMC:G proc is 35 passive str +21/25 str, Eye of Unmaking is 50 str if it stacks quick enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Have you tried the DPS cloak instead of a tanking cloak? Insane DPS (Does about 10% over all in a full run)
    I forgot to post that I had retried the Legendary DPS cloak (as a tank) and while it still wasn't anything crazy (50% proc rate compared to my Frost DPS), it did make Empty Drinking Horn go off like a rocket. I was at 30 stacks almost instantly. Fel Burn was my top damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Bone-Link Fetish works but it's meh for Blood (might be wicked for DW Frost DPS). Other Trinkets will probably outweigh it quite quickly. I was able to get 28 procs during a Nexus run which boosted my Fel Burn some but not enough to be noticeable and the aoe only accounted for 1.4% of my dps (Fel Burn can be anywhere between 3.5% - 8% on average). I don't see Shawomourne gaining much from this Trinket either.

Set bonus on Imperial set has been changed to 20 Bonus Armor, so no longer BiS, 2 piece from ToT DPS set has been fixed (if it was ever broken) so it's doing 3%ish damage. Burning Blood from Firelands Tank set is broken good and Gurth has been rather underwhelming. Also the Void Tendril Trinket whilst still powerful isn't quite as obscene as it was.

Set bonus on Imperial set has been changed to 20 Bonus Armor, so no longer BiS, 2 piece from ToT DPS set has been fixed (if it was ever broken) so it's doing 3%ish damage. Burning Blood from Firelands Tank set is broken good and Gurth has been rather underwhelming. Also the Void Tendril Trinket whilst still powerful isn't quite as obscene as it was.
    How good is the burning blood? and which pieces of the set do u reccomend to wear

I did test the DPS Cloak + Meta with my Blood DK, and they ended up doing about 9% of my damage. Not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I updated my list on the first page (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35653475)

* Please note that it's only a current list of what I'm using as a Blood DK.

I updated my list on the first page (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post35653475)

* Please note that it's only a current list of what I'm using as a Blood DK.
    Good list. What do you think of http://www.wowhead.com/item=46343/fe...-protectorate?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsight View Post
    How good is the burning blood? and which pieces of the set do u reccomend to wear
    10-12% damage aoe and up to 20% single target. I'm wearing helm / shoulders (dont have access to meta) as that allows me to use all the strength weighted ICC pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."