Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I personally don't even use BoS in TW, you're nearly always mass aoe'ing in gear so defile or I've had varying success with necro plague (as blood)
    I'm referring to a boss, where you should be using BoS. Necrotic Plague is totally worthless in TWing as always - I don't see any arguments for using that.

I've had necrotic plague do 20+% player damage in TW, and I would assume given you reaction to BoS as rather baseless and that you haven't actually tried it. A lot of 'staples' go out the window when the average fight involves running through an instance chain pulling mobs faster than we do in heroics.

You have no reason to take BoS for bosses except last and only if you aren't queuing again or are dps with no tank/healer to queue with - as it'll be less than 1 minute before you're in again (as blood again); so the cooldown disabling you from changing it means it'll go to waste. To top this off, bosses are by far the most trivial part of TW's except in niche cases such as a low level / low geared tank on tyrannus.

This is on top of assuming the boss lasts more than 15 seconds, which it won't if you get 2 zandalari procs.

All in all, it's an extremely niche situation where BoS is worth it in TW, so much so you're better off taking one of the aoe talents that will apply to the bulk of TW content - aoeing trash. Heck, if I had a troll or two up I would pull hte boss with trash to not waste personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pulling mobs fast is an argument against Necrotic Plague, considering the amount of ramp-up time it has and how long mobs live for. The talent simply doesn't make sense to use as Blood in terms of raw AP coefficients, moreover it's competing against both of your standard diseases and Defile, the sum of which easily exceeds 20% of your damage on an AoE pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Pulling mobs fast is an argument against Necrotic Plague, considering the amount of ramp-up time it has and how long mobs live for. The talent simply doesn't make sense to use as Blood in terms of raw AP coefficients, moreover it's competing against both of your standard diseases and Defile, the sum of which easily exceeds 20% of your damage on an AoE pull.
    It rarely does, actually. To top this off the whole point of pulling fast is you chain and the disease naturally spreads across, they get free ticks while you're running and you effectively let disease + blood boils get rid of the stragglers.

YMMV with it, but it seems you are just going off the standard guides for max level that really don't apply when the other talents have drawbacks in TW. 10 seconds without moving is an eternity outside a boss / RP event.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The deal is, that BoS got way too long a CD to be good in TW. The dungeons are just too fast. I tend to use Defile, stack up a lot of mobs and pop it. Or just NP as Raiju here, it rarely falls off as long as you keep chain pulling, and when it is at max stacks and you keep chain pulling it will deal quite a lot of damage.

While BoS is a one time use in a dungeon. Great burst, but nothing lives long enough for it to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It rarely does, actually. To top this off the whole point of pulling fast is you chain and the disease naturally spreads across, they get free ticks while you're running and you effectively let disease + blood boils get rid of the stragglers.

YMMV with it, but it seems you are just going off the standard guides for max level that really don't apply when the other talents have drawbacks in TW. 10 seconds without moving is an eternity outside a boss / RP event.
    You need an average of ~10 stacks of Necrotic Plague over the entire duration before it even does as much damage as normal diseases, and I fail to see how average mobs in TWing are going to survive long enough to even reach 10 stacks, let alone have the disease maintained at an average of 10 stacks over its entire duration. Moreover, if you spread NP with BB as Blood you infect mobs with a fresh disease, so even if you somehow stack a full disease on a few mobs through the natural spreading the rest of the mobs will have fresh diseases that do almost no damage. You'd probably be better off with no level 100 talent in a 5-man, lol.

I've never had issues with using a few seconds to drop Defile after pulling everything to a boss or whatever.

This all has nothing to do with my original question, though.

I explained why your original question probably won't get answered and you're now getting defensive while being unable to the grasp the fact that you are most likely *ALWAYS* moving in a TW outside of bosses/RP because of how much damage we leave lying around / do indirectly.

I didn't say NP was definitely better, I said it can work depending on playstyle, which is true. You seem to be stuck on the idea of running your dungeons slowly to get the most out of defile. I run defile too, honestly - but that's because I also run remorseless, as mass grip is near useless in pugs. They combo well together so I can leave the mobs with a defile.

Even then it's largely a waste regardless if you get a troll proc.

That's the last I'll say, I don't know why breath didn't work - but the easy solution just seems to not run it since it's subpar anyway.

Deleted
    Just realised, that DS bracers arent BIS.. :s http://www.wowdb.com/items/78373-rockhide-bracers
    We have better in ToT http://www.wowdb.com/items/94820-caustic-spike-bracers
    Well not by much, but always! Just dont know exactly what is <Random enchantment> value in TW, maybe some1 knows? (they have only one stat which is nice!) Two versions for us, with crit, or mastery (depends of personal preference) and YELLOW (best) socket ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfury View Post
    Just realised, that DS bracers arent BIS.. :s http://www.wowdb.com/items/78373-rockhide-bracers
    We have better in ToT http://www.wowdb.com/items/94820-caustic-spike-bracers
    Well not by much, but always! Just dont know exactly what is <Random enchantment> value in TW, maybe some1 knows? (they have only one stat which is nice!) Two versions for us, with crit, or mastery (depends of personal preference) and YELLOW (best) socket ^^
    Aren't Bracers of Destructive Strength BiS anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakan View Post
    oh yeah, my bad >.< forgot about em.. (cause they are not easy and cheap to get)

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post

Hey just getting back into the game and TWing is up. Is this still the set used for unholy or has a new set been found? A lot of the recent posts mention 3pc ToT ghoul bug. Should I go that route?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightBrazen View Post
    Hey just getting back into the game and TWing is up. Is this still the set used for unholy or has a new set been found? A lot of the recent posts mention 3pc ToT ghoul bug. Should I go that route?
    Yes, the ToT 2set troll summon is bugged and doesn't scale down if you use 3 parts, though for what it's worth, any set using, or perhaps more accurately abusing, set bonuses from before WoD's raid tiers will be disabled in the legion prepatch. This means that this, or the next timewalk event will likely be the last ones you can use those in. Whether it's worth your time to go farm those set items for one, maybe two timewalk events is up to you. Once the prepatch hits, the best set will more or less be whatever gets you the most sockets.

Bumping this for tomorrow prepatch, seeing as set bonuses are being disabled, I assume it's just to get as many items with as many red gems as possible now? Would anyone happen to have a list over that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsight View Post
    Bumping this for tomorrow prepatch, seeing as set bonuses are being disabled, I assume it's just to get as many items with as many red gems as possible now? Would anyone happen to have a list over that?
    Set items are disabled for sets PRIOR to MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Set items are disabled for sets PRIOR to MoP.
    Shouldn't that be prior to WoD? At least that's what the patch notes state.

Deleted
    Is anyone updating the BiS list for legion?
    What stats are the best for TW? Trinkets, strength vs secondary stat gemming, etc.
    Also did they fix the Tyrant trinket? I can't get it to work
    Last edited by mmocf29b6662d1; 2016-07-25 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Hard to say atm, rly.. Character window doesnt show almost any stat now, to compare.. Like Min-Max Dmg, DPS, etc.

According to Askmrrobot
    Str=0.55 , Haste=0.4 , Crit=0.37 , Mastery=0.3 , Versa=0.2

No idea if they changed amount of stat for 1%, know all of this for level 90, 91 and 100 so i rly hope they didnt touch it..

10 Str vs 20 Haste is even more clear for me atm
    Especially that on my 91 Blood twink with 71,3% haste (81,3% with Marrowrend) i still have downtime >.<

So i guess FULL HASTE (epic ones- 20haste) gems for Timewalk.
    Probably cheapest one (1-5 gold on AH) is for Hyjal rep (TBC raid)

Enchants:
    Gloves- 25 Str vs 25 haste, so probably Str.
    Bracers- 16 Str
    Boots- 12 haste (other option 12 Crit)

Shoulders- Str + Crit
    Legs- Str + Crit

Neck/Cloak/Rings- 75 Haste, 100 Haste + movement speed, 2 x 50 Haste

One good thing, that all sockets now are prismatic, so u can put whatever u want and still get bonus.
    Tho i cant change gems in any belt (2 sockets+belt buckle) because it stays gray and bugs out ^^ Cant even equip other belt, before i open some different item gem slot (shift+right click)
    Also rare quality 20 stat gems (best in MoP) became 16 stat after patch :s Which doesnt matter anyway, cause i had to regem everything from crit to haste.

BiS list should be easy atm, since set bonuses are disabled, and sockets buffed.
    Items with good balance of Haste+Crit (preferably with more Haste)

No idea about trinkets.
    Maybe Deathbringer Will, as it is passive Crit and 30 seconds random buff: Crit, Haste, or AP (2 procs from 3 are good)
    No clue..
    Last edited by mmoc40d882f18d; 2016-07-25 at 04:48 PM.

Legacy set bonuses are disabled. Current ones aren't I've been reluctant to play without my 4-piece as Blood. Survivability can still be an issue, with 7.0, without my precious Zandalari and old mechanics I can't mow down everything in my way. (Part of this is healers – especially alts, as they show up later in the week – are still figuring out how things work.)

When I re-build my set, I expect to max out sockets. I have thought about trinkets, yet.

You get crit for TWing, not haste. The DPS benefits of haste are reduced simply by the nature of how you'll be doing pulls.
    You mean selectively, and then reactively as idiots pull other packs?

Deleted
    You get crit for TWing, not haste. The DPS benefits of haste are reduced simply by the nature of how you'll be doing pulls.
    Prove your point maybe

Even with fcktons of haste Blood still have some downtime, means if ur haste is low, then ur control weakens, and getting boneshield stacks is harder, your rune regen and RP generation is weaker, which means less DS's (and our healing is 1000 times worse now)
    Also haste reduces GCD, which gives more autoattacks for DnD procs etc.