Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekobe140 View Post

Any tips on how to grow and maintain it? I can grow a beard, as I have the genetics for it. I've just never worked to maintain a sort of "style" to it.

Edit: Prooobably not gonna do the mustache in the picture, if at all haha
    I don't know that anyone can give tips on the shape, since faces are all shaped different and beards will follow due to that and personal taste. For length, use a beard trimmer and set the sides and stash to either a 1 or a 2 guard, then fade the hair on your chin up to a 3 guard.

I use a 1 on the side, 'cause that's how long the hair above my ears is when I cut it. If my hair was cut a little longer, I would use a 2.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

The worst part is getting through the itchy phase. That will be the part that tests your mettle if you are worthy of having a beard.

i wish i could grow more than 15 hairs on my face

fml

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    http://www.esquire.com/style/groomin...you-do-082914/
    I've to say that it did not need a survey for me to know that. In fact I knew it for decades.
    I sport a beard every year over the winter month. It keeps the face warmer lol
    But one can tell the difference. A lot less attention. A lot less smiles and flirty eyes.
    I'm in a relationship, means I don't care for the extra attention. But I notice the lack of it for sure.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of stubble though is there?

Deleted
    then grow one

10+ Year Old Account
    Like stated on the first page, grow it out and then get it trimmed (by a barber). Barbers know face types better and will get you off on a good start. Then you just maintain whatever the barber did with a good set of clippers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't grow a neckbeard

Deleted
    If you grow and trim it right, it can enhance your style!

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    The best example I can think of where beards give a bonus to a look, just saying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rub salt all over your beard/jaw before you go to bed. Put a glass of water on your chest when you lie in the chest. The beard will grow, because it gets thirsty and tries to reach for the water.

True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Not everyone can grow a beard.
    And not everyone has the face or personality to sport one either.

Generally I'd say, if you aren't a guy that would have to shave twice a day, forget about it.
    And also, don't ruin your youth either.
    A beard looks ridiculous on a young guy. As long as you aren't at least 30, stay clean and smoothly shaved. Increases the chances with the ladies a lot too.
    Most aren't fond of shrubbery in the face.
    Jesus fuck where do you live, a Disney movie?

Beards are the epitome of manliness and testosterone.

I'm sick and tired of this attempt to feminise men with your shaving and waxing everywhere.

Body hair is a typical sign of maturity in men just like a deep voice is. You don't like body hair that's fine but don't spread crap like '' it looks bad on young people '' '' it's cleaner to be shaven ''.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    The best example I can think of where beards give a bonus to a look, just saying.

To be honest Viggo looks amazing either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    That feel when you can grow a Robin Williams Jumanji beard in like 2 months.

I'm keeping it trimmed though, the ladies usually prefer that over clean shaven or a jungle beard.

Anyway OP, it's purely genetics, there's not much to be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    The worst part is getting through the itchy phase. That will be the part that tests your mettle if you are worthy of having a beard.
    The itchy phase is your body signaling you that it's time for a trim.