Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Probably gonna have to miss the draft by the looks of things. Or show up unfashionably late.
    Errrr, I made a mistake filling it in at first. I thought it was set to American time, but apparently it had switched automatically to my own time zone. I pretty much had to redo the whole thing cause some of the times were so early they conflicted with my raid times now.

Redone now though, double checked, so we're good now.

Other people may need to check if they filled it according to the right time zone or not, since Alae's initial PM made it seem like the times given would be in Eastern US (and they weren't for me).

There's a timezone setting on the right side above the entering area, which you can set to whatever timezone you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    It kept changing the time, no clue if I have it correct now, whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Errrr, I made a mistake filling it in at first. I thought it was set to American time, but apparently it had switched automatically to my own time zone. I pretty much had to redo the whole thing cause some of the times were so early they conflicted with my raid times now.

Other people may need to check if they filled it according to the right time zone or not, since Alae's initial PM made it seem like the times given would be in Eastern US (and they weren't for me).

There's a timezone setting on the right side above the entering area, which you can set to whatever timezone you want.
    I filled mine out this morning, discovered it was done in eastern time, re-did it in pacific time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter. The only available day listed on there for me was Sunday (and one Monday). I will likely miss it.

My apologies.. I was under the impression that when I setup the poll thing that once I changed the time, that time would be fixed and the option for everyone. Apparently that doesn't seem to be the case and yes everyone may need to adjust both the time and their availability based on different time zones. Just as a note I set the options to be the weekends as I figured that would be the times that would suit most people but it seems to be an issue for a couple of people? Do I need to expand on the poll?
    Fantasy Football on MMO Champion!
    2018 -- 2017 -- 2016 -- 2015 -- 2014 -- 2013

10+ Year Old Account
    I work Friday and Saturday, and with ten-hour shifts, I'm not available at all those days (or my other work days, but we're talking weekends here).

10+ Year Old Account
    Short of raiding hours, I can log in pmuch any time.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Damn, not sure how I missed this thread, but you can sign me up as a reserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Just an update on how we are tracking with organizing things

League 1:

0 participants have not joined the league on nfl.com
    2 participants have not confirmed their team names
    0 participants have not completed the Draft availability survey

Provided the draft availability survey is accurate the best available times for League 1's draft are either:

Sunday 30th August at 5:00PM EDT with 8 out of 10 participants available
    Friday 4th September at 8:00PM EDT with 8 out of 10 participants available
    Sunday 6th September at 5:00PM EDT with 8 out of 10 participants available
    Monday 7th September at 7:00PM EDT with 8 out of 10 participants available
    Monday 7th September at 8:00PM EDT with 8 out of 10 participants available
    Monday 7th September at 11:00PM EDT with 7 out of 10 participants available

League 2:

0 participants have not joined the league on nfl.com
    0 participants have not confirmed their team names
    0 participants have not completed the Draft availability survey

Provided the draft availability survey is accurate the best available times for League 2's draft are either:

Saturday 29th August at 11:00PM EDT with 7 out of 10 participants available
    Sunday 30th August at 6:00PM EDT with 8 out of 10 participants available

I generally like to avoid drafting before the end of week 3 of pre-season as you still have the chance for star player injuries, like what has happened to Arian Foster, Jordy Nelson, Kelvin Benjamin etc, however the other available times & dates aren't as promising:

Saturday 5th September at 12:00PM EDT with 6 out of 10 participants available
    Sunday 6th September at 11:00AM EDT with 7 out of 10 participants available
    Sunday 6th September at 4:00PM EDT with 7 out of 10 participants available

My aim is to have everyone signed up, availability advised and at least have the choice of best options for a particular draft date & time locked in by the end of the weekend. Should people be unresponsive they risk losing their positon to someone in the reserves.

Speaking of Reserves if we get a couple more people we have the potential of running a third league.
    Last edited by Alae; 2015-08-25 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    8 - Vetali - Luck Her Right in the Percy
    That's....both so wrong and so brilliantly football related. I am in awe.

- - - Updated - - -

Provided the draft availability survey is accurate the best available times for League 1's draft are either:

Friday 4th September at 8:00PM EDT with 8 out of 10 participants available
    Sunday 6th September at 5:00PM EDT with 8 out of 10 participants available
    Monday 7th September at 7:00PM EDT with 8 out of 10 participants available
    Monday 7th September at 8:00PM EDT with 8 out of 10 participants available
    Monday 7th September at 11:00PM EDT with 7 out of 10 participants available
    From those I'd have a preference to NOT do it on Sunday the 6th at 5 pm, since I have different league, with completely different rules drafting at 7:30 pm that same day allready. If it comes out as the majority favourite that's fine, but since we seem to be still narrowing it down, I thought I'd give my opinion. Any of the others I haven't got a single issue with.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's....both so wrong and so brilliantly football related. I am in awe.
    Winning on all fronts already.

10+ Year Old Account
    That name is amazing, well done sir.

Apologies for being late to sign up, doing so now!

Im assuming that the sign in times were in EDT, if not the long and short of it is that Mon/Wed/Fri from 14:00 to 18:00 I'm unavailable.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2015-08-22 at 07:56 PM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the bad news is, I have NO IDEA what my schedule is for next week, and they shifted me to the other supervisor's schedule the following week. SO unless I luck out and the time ends p being something I can do, consider me missing the draft while I find a way to screw over my employers like they're doing me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My aim is to have everyone signed up, availability advised and at least have the choice of best options for a particular draft date & time locked in by the end of the weekend. Should people be unresponsive they risk losing their positon to someone in the reserves.
    Reminder quote for everybody. Please check if you have done everything you need to do to play in the league this year (use the link you;ve gotten to enter the league, supply a name and fill in the schedule so we know when we can hold the draft).

Time is ticking and we need to have everyone ready so we can finalize draft dates and let people make preparations for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I was out the past week. Filled out the time thing (which is bascally whenever) and entered league 2 as "Brett Favre's Sponsored Scarf"

- - - Updated - - -

Also is there a pick 'em league?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Also is there a pick 'em league?
    I'm not sure.. Last year I think xskarma set one up, I don't know if were planning doing one or not?

------

Another update on how we are tracking with organizing things:

League 1 has had everyone sign up and notify of availability, just waiting on a few people to advise of their team names.

League 2 has had everyone notify of availability but we are waiting on a couple of people to actually join the league.

I have sent out a PM for everyone to basically vote on what time slot best suits them to hopefully narrow down the 6 best options to one time that suits the majority of people.

As too the people on the reserve list it doesn't look like at this stage we will need to replace anyone unless there is a last minute change. However should one of the people want to step up and organize a third league I would have no objections and would even participate if required to fill the numbers, as I am sure other members would do e.g. Celdiseth. I just don't have the time or energy to organize the setup of what would be running a fourth league for me.

P.S
    I also want to thank the majority of people for their prompt and quick actions in replying to PM's and undertaking everything that I ask, It makes setting up the leagues a lot smoother and easier than I know otherwise it can be. It's very tricky organizing things when people are living in different countries, time zones and all the interaction is online.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that I will also be randomizing the league match up's as soon as the draft time slot is locked down, so the current week 1 match up's may not be the same, just as a heads up and to avoid last years participants having the same match up's as the previous year.
    Last edited by Alae; 2015-08-24 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure.. Last year I think xskarma set one up, I don't know if were planning doing one or not?
    Yeah, I did it last year, but I'm not going to this year. Feel free to set one up under some kind of MMO-C Pick 'm league name. (not just Alae, but anyone that feels like doing it. It takes no work past the initial set up).

I'm trying hard to minimize extra stuff to take on for the coming months, which includes small stuff like doing the pick 'm league (or I'd feel obligated to keep it up every week, and it's a ton of those small time sinks that are killing me).

I forgot to mention that I will also be randomizing the league match up's as soon as the draft time slot is locked down, so the current week 1 match up's may not be the same, just as a heads up and to avoid last years participants having the same match up's as the previous year.
    Ah, cool. I like that, keeps things fresh.

If there is enough people interested i could try to run 3rd league

Did Celdiseth murder you guys yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Did Celdiseth murder you guys yet?