My turn for a trinket question

I know we see a lot of these, so I appreciate any input.

I've been lucky this week: I got the t18 4pc and the legendary ring. Like many I switch between Destruction & Affliction depending on the fight.

My trinket choices are not great, but they are what I have.

Mythic Darmac's Unstable Tailsman, with a gem slot
    Mythic Warforged Blackiron Micro Crucible (Just got it this week in a follower mission)
    Sandman's Pouch upgraded to 5 of 6 (Upgrading it all the way is a possibility)
    Normal Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia.

I've played around in Simcraft a bit. It's saying Pouch + BMC for Destruction, and DuT + BMC for Affliction.

I know Multistrike isn't great for either spec, but I assume that it's winning out just because it has more passive intellect than any other choice.

As for the Pouch - I hear it really wins out mainly because it assumes you line up the proc with the ring, but that may not always be an option (I don't control when the ring goes off) and it has less Intellect than DuT (DuT was simming higher until I got the ring).

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

personally i'd go for dsi+SP 6/6 for destro & dsi+ DUT for affli (dut is really fking good for affli considering it's previous tier)

Have a look yourself at Gahhdo's sims : http://pastebin.com/xnuVFTyv
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    yo guys,

rather than make a new thread i thought i'd ask here:

i got mythic BMC and mythic soul repository, but today i got the heroic shadow mark trinket. i'm wondering, what's best trinket to get rid of for destro/demo, or shall i roll affli/destro and take the BMC and shadow mark trinket? i heard affli was pretty good now (i quit after getting 5/10 mythic BRF due to irl, but now my guild doesn't raid any more so i'm stuck in LFR just to get my legendary ring)

I know DSI is great and would be a clear favorite if the item levels were closer, but I'm not as sure that normal DSI > Mythic Warforged BMC. It's a pretty substantial gap in item level, and BMC has a lot intellect on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    yo guys,

rather than make a new thread i thought i'd ask here:

i got mythic BMC and mythic soul repository, but today i got the heroic shadow mark trinket. i'm wondering, what's best trinket to get rid of for destro/demo, or shall i roll affli/destro and take the BMC and shadow mark trinket? i heard affli was pretty good now (i quit after getting 5/10 mythic BRF due to irl, but now my guild doesn't raid any more so i'm stuck in LFR just to get my legendary ring)
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'heroic shadow mark trinket'.

Mythic GSR is still a great trinket for Destruction, so I would drop BMC if you're going to drop one of them. Affliction is great on single target fights and on multi-target fights where there are adds with high health. It's bad on AoE fights.

I know some have argued that Demonology can be great once you get the legendary ring since you can pack Demonbolts into the window of the ring proc. I don't know if that is turning out to be the case. Overall Demonology for most peoplei is a niche spec that is only useful on a couple of AoE fights (on Krommok to burn down hands, for example). Most people are going Destro/Affliction.
    Last edited by Jaman; 2015-08-16 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    I know DSI is great and would be a clear favorite if the item levels were closer, but I'm not as sure that normal DSI > Mythic Warforged BMC. It's a pretty substantial gap in item level, and BMC has a lot intellect on it.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'heroic shadow mark trinket'.

sorry, prophecy of fear. i'll give affli a try though i'm not sure it's any fun since mop

cheers dude

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    sorry, prophecy of fear. i'll give affli a try though i'm not sure it's any fun since mop

cheers dude
    I'll warn you that PoF is a spectacularly bad trinket for Affliction, since the only spell that triggers it is Haunt.

I don't know how it stacks up on Destruction : it will depend in large part on the fight and how many targets get hit by the explosion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Id not go PoF above BMC and GSR as destro. wouldnt touch it with a plastic glove as affli.