Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's our BiS for timewalking?

With all the new additions coming to timewalking, I'd love to do even more damage. I only did them with standard MM 4 set + void tendril trinket replacing my censer. I saw how the LFR set proc is busted, but who knows if that will last.

Anyone have a list or advice on overpowered gearing options?

Deleted
    are you really that sad that you wanna top meters in 5man when people only do it for the cache / extra seal ??? come off it, no one cares about scaled down dps.
    Last edited by mmoc9947589dfb; 2015-08-15 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    are you really that sad that you wanna top meters in 5man when people only do it for the cache / extra seal ??? come off it, no one cares about scaled down dps.
    http://pwncastdailyquest.com/gearing...lker-dungeons/
    http://www.wowhead.com/list=6405355/...lking-sets-wip
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...eons_patch_62/
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/currency=1166/timewarped-badge

Talking down to those who are trying to improve themselves(even if it is only an event every three weeks) really says a lot about you.

I don't think you read what OP said, there are new additions coming to timewalking in a future patch that will give players more reason to run them than just the quest associated with it.

To answer OP, some things I found useful were: 4 piece of current tier, MoP helmet (can socket it with legendary gem from MoP legendary quest), legendary bow (if you are lucky enough to get it), Ashen Verdict exalted ring (attack power proc is not bad), 715 stage ring (735 legendary ring proc is scaled down so badly its not worth using, 715 proc of 15% to primary attribute isnt scaled down), legendary cloak from MoP, some OP trinkets like Deathbringer's Will and as many MoP non tier pieces as possible (sockets arent scaled down, smack in as many agi gems as you can).

Personally I just use the Beating Heart of the Mountain and Humming Blackiron Trigger because I just like them, but all the rest gives you a pretty hefty boost in timewalking. Hope that helps a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stayzy View Post
    I don't think you read what OP said, there are new additions coming to timewalking in a future patch that will give players more reason to run them than just the quest associated with it.

To answer OP, some things I found useful were: 4 piece of current tier, MoP helmet (can socket it with legendary gem from MoP legendary quest), legendary bow (if you are lucky enough to get it), Ashen Verdict exalted ring (attack power proc is not bad), 715 stage ring (735 legendary ring proc is scaled down so badly its not worth using, 715 proc of 15% to primary attribute isnt scaled down), legendary cloak from MoP, some OP trinkets like Deathbringer's Will and as many MoP non tier pieces as possible (sockets arent scaled down, smack in as many agi gems as you can).

Personally I just use the Beating Heart of the Mountain and Humming Blackiron Trigger because I just like them, but all the rest gives you a pretty hefty boost in timewalking. Hope that helps a bit.

You don't want to take the legendary bow, you're better with anything with sockets. Maybe Zod's Repeating Longbowfrom ICC for the proc, not sure how the scaling on it is.

Good tip on the 715 ring, 1% damage proc on the legendary is garbage!

Mirror of the Blademaster is great in Timewalkers just like it is in CMs and can dramatically speed up runs. Also the Touch of the Void trinket from the garrison mission is regarded as being quite ridiculous.

Looking for Raid tier gear for Hunters doesn't scale down, when it procs it deals 20-40k damage so you can basically one or two shot most trash.

Had a hunter in my group yesterday with it and he did 53k DPS on trash, the mobs basically died instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by teezep View Post
    You don't want to take the legendary bow, you're better with anything with sockets. Maybe Zod's Repeating Longbowfrom ICC for the proc, not sure how the scaling on it is.

Mirror of the Blademaster is great in Timewalkers just like it is in CMs and can dramatically speed up runs. Also the Touch of the Void trinket from the garrison mission is regarded as being quite ridiculous.
    That void trinket is insane. The first time I used it I swear everything in a 10 yard radius just fell down to the ground dead. It definitely put me at twice the dps of everyone else in dungeons on my pally. And a pretty short cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by teezep View Post

Yea my bad, absolutely agree anything with some sockets is probs gonna yield more dmg, dunno why I suggested legendary bow (I just like showing it off). I've found proc weps (like the one from Deathwing) are actually scaled down to be pretty piss poor.

Deleted
    Nothing my 4 HFCset and legendary ring is good enoug to top the meters

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Nothing my 4 HFCset and legendary ring is good enoug to top the meters
    That's true, but the legendary ring is only 1%. Can always be better. The ashen verdict exalted ring boosts your AP AND has a gem socket. The sha touched weapons have +35 agility. I wish I had socrethar gloves, hopefully I will get them by next TW. 4 piece + legendary meta would be pretty nasty

Get the gun from Le Shi with the legendary socket in it. Legendary Cloak, 715 agi proc ring, Mirror of the Blademaster and the Touch of the Void, then basically take the CM BiS from MoP for the rest of the slots and laugh when you do 11k single target DPS.

4 Piece LFR is nuts atm

Quote Originally Posted by Niix View Post
    Get the gun from Le Shi with the legendary socket in it. Legendary Cloak, 715 agi proc ring, Mirror of the Blademaster and the Touch of the Void, then basically take the CM BiS from MoP for the rest of the slots and laugh when you do 11k single target DPS.
    Ran some timewalking yesterday with Mirror, it didn't show "Felstorm" under dmg done for me, is the dmg bugged much like with the legendary ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Ran some timewalking yesterday with Mirror, it didn't show "Felstorm" under dmg done for me, is the dmg bugged much like with the legendary ring?
    Could be an issue with your damage meter, or it could just be that I was wrong. Who knows.

Nemesiz, I forget if its Skada or WCL but I assume the dmg meter can differ in the same way.

One has felstorm dmg directly in your breakdown and the other has a pet named by your own name in your dmg breakdown and then the damage dealt by this pet on drilldown is felstorm.

That may be what happens with your dmg meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and u also need to be a pretty princess hunter with a cat as ur pet and the sluttiest tmog u can get, that will help u top the dps meters....

Sarcasm, its a wonderful thing! or is it?
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

So, what about gearing to farm badges when 6.2.2 hits live? Never crossed your mind I guess.
    I'm already setting up a tank for that. Also, I consider it fun to try to improve your performance in timewalking using old gear. Brings back some memories for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    So, what about gearing to farm badges when 6.2.2 hits live? Never crossed your mind I guess.
    I'm already setting up a tank for that. Also, I consider it fun to try to improve your performance in timewalking using old gear. Brings back some memories for sure.
    This is the first mention I've seen of these badges. Definitely an incentive to running more than 5 of these painfully boring dungeons.

Whoever decided to include Black Morass is a masochist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    4 Piece LFR is nuts atm
    That is pretty funny but I'd stab myself in the face before I'd run LFR enough to get the 4pc bonus for timewalking. Plus I know as soon as I got the set they'd fix this bug.

Timewalking BiS is get as many sockets as possible and equip them with pre-Cata epic agi gems. MoP or earlier gear is best because 1) they have more sockets and 2) you can enchant them. The result is you get >3x the amount of agi you would have using all WoD gear. I use DBW because its fun and boosts dps a lot and a DMF trinket, along with MoP legendary cloak, helm with legendary gem, Taoren with legendary gem and extra socket, ashen verdict ring and 715 WoD ring.

As far as tier, I'm using the DS 2 piece which gives double focus, and SoO 2 piece for 15% extra on aimed and multi. Other good tier bonuses I would think are the Firelands 2 pc, and ICC depending on how often they proc. I play MM, so if you are another spec, other bonuses might be better, like ones involving pets for BM.

Being totally overpowered in TW dungeons is pretty fun, as is using all of your awesome gear at the same time.