Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Valounette View Post
    Yes............................... and Shadowburn is more DPS per said resource. It's the exact same thing. It's very simple logic that if 1x Shadowburn is more damage per execute than 1x Chaos bolt for 1 Ember, then Shadowburn is the better spell to spend that Ember on as it results in overall more damage gained in a given amount of time..........

You can't just think ''it does more damage for the resource so it's clearly better. By that logic, a 10 second cast which hits slightly more than chaos bolt would be better. Which is clearly stupid. You have to factor in cast time and create a Damage per execute value.

As for other people making these claims, please at least show some basis for claim rather than what 'feels' correct.
    Let's say a spell does 1500 damage in a 1.5s window for 1 resource. 1000 dpe per resource.
    A special spell i've invented to illustrate a point does 101 damage for 1 resource, and has a special 0.1s GCD. Thats 1010 dpe per resource.

By your logic, the 2nd spell is better. So fine, cast 15 of them and do 1515 damage in the time you could have done 1500 damage, mopre DPS right? Only it has cost you 10x the resources. Was it worth it?
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

I use chaos bolt sub 20% because i'm main aff so i have little crit (piston and tier)

So, to me, the chance of shadow burn critting is lower.

i really only shadowburn if i get to havoc, or execute something for the extra ember.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valounette View Post
    Yes............................... and Shadowburn is more DPS per said resource. It's the exact same thing. It's very simple logic that if 1x Shadowburn is more damage per execute than 1x Chaos bolt for 1 Ember, then Shadowburn is the better spell to spend that Ember on as it results in overall more damage gained in a given amount of time..........

You can't just think ''it does more damage for the resource so it's clearly better. By that logic, a 10 second cast which hits slightly more than chaos bolt would be better. Which is clearly stupid. You have to factor in cast time and create a Damage per execute value.

As for other people making these claims, please at least show some basis for claim rather than what 'feels' correct.
    Seeing someone lecture Brusalk on SB v Chaos Bolt of all things is painful.

The dude has done more math and made more posts about it between SOO and now than I imagine anyone else has. There's a reason everyone else in the thread just takes it as common sense at this point.

If you want to argue what is contrary to the information people have been beaten over the head with, either post your own math, instead of asking for other people to prove the answer literally everyone else seems to believe, try posting your own math if you want to argue a new point instead of just citing "the dpe calculations" while really not showing any of them, because Brusalk and co have put in far more effort than the topic is worth in the past.