Need help with Combat macro

Hello!

I'm currently playing my alt rogue, and after some research on Blade Flurry mechanics, I need help with a macro.

What I want to do:

• activate Blade Flurry
    • switch my currently equipped mainhand weapon with a dagger in my inventory.

• deactivate Blade Flurry
    • switch back my dagger with my 2.6 weapon

All this into one macro.

I've found a macro, but it doesn't work for me.
    I can activate, switch 2.6 for dagger, and deactivate after if i want, but my 2.6 weapon does not get switched back when i deactivate Blade Flurry. Additionally, I can't activate Blade Flurry when I have the dagger equipped.

#showtooltip Blade Flurry
    /equipset [equipped:] noCleave;Cleave
    /cast [noequipped: dagger] !Blade Flurry
    /cancelaura [equipped: dagger] Blade Flurry
    noCleave is my Itemset with 2.6 + 2.6 weapon, Cleave with dagger + 2.6 weapon.

I can't post a screenshot/crop of my Itemsets and macro because I'm not active enough in this forum, but if you're interested...
    http [colon] // imgur [dot] com / FmwUADD

I'm using two Empowered Baleful Greataxes and an Empowered Baleful Dagger. I tried the macro with different weapons, because I was hoping it has something to do with using two weapons with the same item id, but it doesn't work either.
    Last edited by Clayney0; 2015-08-15 at 04:09 PM. Reason: formatting

10+ Year Old Account
    Modifier is the easiest way. E.g. when you press shift + macro it's doing the 2nd step instead of the first.

I would first suggest that you don't worry about weapon swapping. There are very few moments in HFC where doing so is going to help you.

My second suggestion would be to use two hotkeys to handle what you want, one to swap your weapons, one to turn blade flurry on and off. This is just to the limitation of macros, they can't do anything for you and the macro you want has certain problems with it that I've never seen nor thought of a fix for myself.

If you really want to use a one button solves all solution though, you want this macro:

/equipset [equipped: dagger] Combat; Cleave

Which is exactly the same as the one you have already, except its got [equipped: dagger] vs [equipped:], which I think is the issue in your one.

This macro comes with faults. Like, if you activate blade flurry whilst its on cd, you will swap to the dagger. If blade flurry then comes off cd, you'll equip your 2.6 instead of turning blade flurry on with the next press. As far as I know, there is no real way to solve these problems in the macro. Gone are the days of vanilla where you could write the craziest conditional macros that did the sort of one button solution you want (I recall a great one for hunters back in the day that would check whether your target uses mana or not, and then apply either viper sting (a mana drain) or scorpid sting (increase miss chances for attacks). Rip those macros, and rip those two spells as well, haha).

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Modifier is the easiest way. E.g. when you press shift + macro it's doing the 2nd step instead of the first.
    Unfortunately, I can't modify this hotkey because I already have another ability on ctrl + x and shift + x, but thanks nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwifruitOCE View Post
    /equipset [equipped: dagger] Combat; Cleave
    Thanks, this one works. I'll just write a WeakAura so I can track if I have the wrong weapons equipped due to wrong macro usage