Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd figure not focusing on the animal aspect for Balance would add to the identity. Sure you should be able to transform but I think overall Balance shouldn't worry too much about transforming. Now maybe a Damage CD or talent where you turn into Cenarius. That would be interesting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    Elune is the mother of Cenarius, who is an icon of druidism. Druids are very close to the astrological cycle and the stars, so having Moonkin form feels very fitting to that, IMO.You are quite literally taking upon the form of an Elune-blessed creature, that she created to protect her sacred places in the world.

Moonkin protect the Balance of the wild, and they are guardians of one of its deities. Which is very fitting.

Much of what we consider druidism is heavily intertwined with Night Elf culture regardless.
    Elune is Cenarius's mother and that's it. She gave up Cenarius to Ysera because Cenarius belonged to the mortal world not with her. If you read WotA trilogy you will know that his teaching has nothing to do with Elune. Elune worshiping was a thing before Druidism became mainstream through Malfurion. Druidism was quite opposite of Night Elf's culture back in before the Sundering.

15+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion with his shitty wings is horrible, I could maybe see a Fae Dragon being a Druid beast. Part of the dream and all.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Should have been hydra form, belching out spells from 3 different heads!

Personal, I think moonkin do not fit the spec anymore. We control the Light(Moon/Sun) between cycles. We are more priest of Elune & Earth Mother. Back in Cata Velen said Elune could be a Narru. If this is the case, we are more priest like than druid like.

to be honest it was a shame when they introduced Moonkin form (and the old tree form for Restos). I always thought that was a mistake.

The other forms always had a big impact on your characters, cat energy bar and stealth, bear rage bar, travel form run speed. Moonkin and Tree form added nothing except a restriction on what spells could be cast. Druids are casters by default, they don't need a form to do what they already do. If it was me I would just remove Moonkin form just like they removed permanent tree form.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmos View Post
    Personal, I think moonkin do not fit the spec anymore. We control the Light(Moon/Sun) between cycles. We are more priest of Elune & Earth Mother. Back in Cata Velen said Elune could be a Narru. If this is the case, we are more priest like than druid like.
    Wouldn't that make Moonkin fit better, it being a chosen creature of Elune?

It is pretty terrible.

Druids are nothing like priests in their teaching and source of power. They don't get power from Elune nor Earth Mother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    to be honest it was a shame when they introduced Moonkin form (and the old tree form for Restos). I always thought that was a mistake.

The other forms always had a big impact on your characters, cat energy bar and stealth, bear rage bar, travel form run speed. Moonkin and Tree form added nothing except a restriction on what spells could be cast. Druids are casters by default, they don't need a form to do what they already do. If it was me I would just remove Moonkin form just like they removed permanent tree form.
    This. Moonkin form adds nothing unique to the spec. You still cast the same spells you do in caster form except you are weaker in caster form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    I fking hate Moonkin form, I dread ever time I go into incarnation at the pull -.- lol
    Same here almost as much as I hate the spec in general.

druids are in many respect nature priests...afterall

- - - Updated - - -

in real life anyway.. but you gotta understand wow druids are not modelled after ancient celt druids, they are more a fanatsy genre interpretation which sees them as shapeshifters and spell casters. the lunar/solar thing in wow is a unique spin on the typical fantasy concept and is due to it's night elf firm roots and their obsession with the stars, it also makes sense as the sun and moon are natural cycles and represent perfect balance, so it fit. The forms taking on different roles was another stroke of genius from the systems team, that also was quite a unique spin no one else had done before WoW

Deleted
    maybe if they updated moonkin form, and aqua form too while they're at it, to something that has more than 10 polygons, less people would hate it

Deleted
    Have you all forgotten the ancient teachings?
    How can we not be moonkin?

SUM DURIDS IS MOON KIN
    1) Them 1s is look all funny liek maybe form MOON! LOL!
    2) mostly uh moonkin is 4 a spam moonfare
    3) them haf sum good armors & fite storng.

Man Moonkin form is god's gift to the world of warcraft community

Deleted
    Moonkin for life!

I didn't care for it at the time some 10 years ago. I guess I just got used to it. I remember thinking they probably just chose it because they already had the model.

Deleted
    Moonkin form is awesome . If you think otherwise you're a drip.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I didn't care for it at the time some 10 years ago. I guess I just got used to it. I remember thinking they probably just chose it because they already had the model.
    this, it was night elfy, it was cutesy but scary too, seemed to tick all the boxes, ..sadly except the awesome box, which Cenarion form would have ticked big time if they'd not been so willing to please Caydiem

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    this, it was night elfy, it was cutesy but scary too, seemed to tick all the boxes, ..sadly except the awesome box, which Cenarion form would have ticked big time if they'd not been so willing to please Caydiem
    Cenarion form seems ridiculous and over the top. It should be just like in lore. Not transforming into anything.

Quote Originally Posted by drus View Post
    Have you all forgotten the ancient teachings?
    How can we not be moonkin?

SUM DURIDS IS MOON KIN
    1) Them 1s is look all funny liek maybe form MOON! LOL!
    2) mostly uh moonkin is 4 a spam moonfare
    3) them haf sum good armors & fite storng.
    Omg yes! this! Well done sir!