Thread: Outdated Morals

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disappear? Absolutely not. Dwindle away into a minority? Sure, given enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    Things change, or the way to say things ...
    Today, if someone says " I'm proud to be black " will have a less negative connotation than if someone says " I'm proud to be white ".
    Same with " I'm proud to be gay " (like Apple moron president, as if there was something to be proud in a sexual tendency) with " I'm proud to be hetero ".

Morals are a necessity, and personnally, things like 10 commandments or Jesus saying " love your neighbor like yourself " are good morals, no matter if you have something to do with religion or not. Still, " Anti " will discard these just because these come from a religious book.

why wouldnt you be proud to be straight?
    it means you are healthy and desire to proliferate your genetics to new generations
    exactly how nature intended

anything else is at best, incorrect
    i hope you know that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    And I do not support telling other people to drink, not to drink, or anything else.
    Well you came in here argueing that alcohol is benefical to one's health. That is pretty close to telling people to drink alcohol.

Everyone should be responsible for themselves about what they put into their bodies, as long as it only affects themselves.
    Vaccines affect other people... herd immunity is what science is trying to create.
    Of course social benefits are to be reaped in terms of security and prosperity (because we wouldn't need to care for the health impact of alcohol consumption). As such it affects every citizen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
    Stop weaseling around: Do you think alcohol is benefical for your health? Would you suppport a mandatory daily alcohol intake for everyone or at least for children who cannot make their own decisions yet? I mean we enforce vaccinations because it is proven to work, so as science has it all set up, we should progressively charge ahead and go for the mandatory daily conk-out for children. For science and progress. The "studies" you have linked suggest something in between 2 and 4 drinks a day (for adults, maybe a whee bit less for children).
    There's a difference between controlling contagious diseases and generally reinforcing your health. Would you support mandatory daily workouts? Forced administering of vitamins? State control over diet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Actually, no, 50-100g of vodka or roughly a glass of red wine per day is actually good for health. But not more.
    Not really, it's not damaging that much, but still getting alcohol from external sources (aka drinking it) hurts your bodys' ability to process it by itself. Also tell that 50-100g of vodka is OK to someone with dopamine problems. I've seen people going into drinking rampage for a week because of one shot of vodka. That shit is scary, especially in russia. I don't have any data to back it up, but i'm convinced that half of our populace are offspring of alcoholics and should be very careful with drinking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is the same thing as saying it is ok.
    No, it's not the same. They just believe that human being should have equal rights, even while their jimmies are being rustled by said human beings.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2015-08-18 at 03:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you support mandatory daily workouts?
    That would be, actually, nice. It does somewhat exist in schools, but i would support mandatory daily workouts for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

When people question their actions or something feels not right they look to morals or suddenly becoming religious when it's convenient for them. No I don't think morals will ever become 'outdated' and I don't think there needs to be new ones either. People already do what they do and reject most others ideas about how life should be. So why would a set of new morals be a good thing anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some/most already laugh at religion. We just call it by a different name. Myth. The ancient Greeks and Romans would call it religion though.
    True, but overall on the view of religion, we aren't the majority. We may laugh at it, but we shouldn't mock people for their choices in belief, some may not understand everything - that is why they seek a higher reason.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Do you think one day outdated morals will disappear? My previous thread got me thinking after seeing so many posts containing morals considered outdated here. An example of some i'm alluding to

No sex before marriage
    Interracial coupling is wrong
    Homosexuality is wrong
    Drinking is wrong
    Etc etc
    Over time, negative opinions against interracial and homosexual couples will moderate some and possibly even disappear in some locations, as they should. People should not be forced into being something that they are not, nor persecuted for loving someone.

If you think about it, no sex before marriage and no underage drinking are actually very good morals to have though. They keep people from ending up with consequences from bad decisions, that they will have to deal with for the rest of their lives.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Not really, it's not damaging that much, but still getting alcohol from external sources (aka drinking it) hurts your bodys' ability to process it by itself. Also tell that 50-100g of vodka is OK to someone with dopamine problems. I've seen people going into drinking rampage for a week because of one shot of vodka. That shit is scary, especially in russia. I don't have any data to back it up, but i'm convinced that half of our populace are offspring of alcoholics and should be very careful with drinking
    I think it's mostly social. People who've got nothing else to do, resort to dumb drinking. Educated, intellectual people don't have this problem. As Paracelsus said, everything is poison, and everything is medicine - the question is in dosage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That would be, actually, nice. It does somewhat exist in schools, but i would support mandatory daily workouts for everyone.
    You know, me too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would you support mandatory daily workouts?
    Hell yeah. Some days I just can't motivate myself to do my daily routine (that isn't always daily) so that would put a kick in my pants. Obviously there'd be opt outs for those unable to exercise.

Forced administering of vitamins? State control over diet?
    Individual needs vary greatly from person to person. Where pretty much everyone would benefit from some more physical activity, massive nutrition programs would be greatly ineffective at improving society as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but I heard enough anecdotes to know that the truth behind them must be dreadful.

Actually, no, 50-100g of vodka or roughly a glass of red wine per day is actually good for health. But not more.
    The "studies" that suggest this kind of alcohol intake have a lot of caveats that people tend to forget. Alcohol is good for blood pressure in calming a lot of people down, as it serves as a sort of tranquilizer for many. Our society borders on pretty high blood pressure and stress these days, so that's why small amounts of alcohol are suggested to be good, but to be honest if you don't have those sorts of problems alcohol won't actually help you very much. They say red wine is even better, but that's because it has anti oxidants and iron, which can be gotten easily from other sources. It's just that those two things tend to be absent from many people's diets as well, so again there's a caveat to red wine being "good" for you - only if you're someone missing those parts of your diet.

See above about everyone's individual needs being different.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Individual libirty to own a weapon is not in question. What is in question is the apparent lack of responsibility people in the US have with their guns. Gun violence in the US is higher then in any other developed nation.

Here’s how U.S. gun violence compares with the rest of the world

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-of-the-world/

Your right to own a gun vs my and other peoples right to not get shot. I am willing to trade one right for the other, until the people here mature more where they are responsible enough not to shoot other people, them selves, or their kids.
    You're what's wrong with this country get out.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    With time, morals change.

Women showing ankle used to be "outrageous" ...it has changed a bit since then.
    Funny enough women showing breasts was fine, now its a major TV scandal if a nipple comes out.
    And yet its fine if they are otherwise naked with nipples/genitals covered by tiny pieces of cloth.

Humans are fucking weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    You're what's wrong with this country get out.
    Lol, "people who oppose guns are whats wrong with the US" always made me laugh, ignore the other endless amounts of small, big, and huge issues that the country faces
    Also, sweden?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post

Lol, "people who oppose guns are whats wrong with the US" always made me laugh, ignore the other endless amounts of small, big, and huge issues that the country faces
    Also, sweden?
    I agree there are other problems this country faces and what we need to do about it,

Black panther arsonists-boot them out of here theve been more destructive ever since that church shooting fiasco.
    High taxes and taxe programs are wastefull- cut down on taxes, shrink government.
    Irs-abolish it.
    War on drugs- put an end to it
    Trade deal with iran-why are we giving terrorists nukes?
    Too many regs and permits for everything-lax them.