Thread: European police

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Out of curiosity, I have a question for my European friends. How does the EU police handle gypsies?
    Just gotta remind you that Europe is a continent with 50 countries.

They are treated with suspicion and mistrust by the regular people here in Sweden. I dont know about the police, but I reckon they think the same things as regular people think. As I recall, there have been several cases of the police being caught keeping lists on gypsies and other such minorities. Why? Because they arrest them a lot. Why? Because they commit a lot of crimes?

The hypermarket where my aunt worked at always, ALWAYS, had someone follow the gypsies around in the store when they came in because they would try to shoplift if they could. They would come in a small group of 2 men, 1 woman and 2-3 kids. The kids steal, the woman holds the goods and the 2 men defend the woman by becoming super-aggressive to intimidate people away, because most people don't want to fight over something like that.

Then ofcourse, you've got the dozen or so romani who come into town in their vans to beg for money to some fake cause. They're extremely annoying and in your face about it. Some times they use kids as bait.
    I got scammed by one of those kids once. He came up to me and held up a rose to me, asking me in broken english to buy it and shoving the rose in my hands, he said "25. 25." (25 SEK, around 3 dollars) but I had taken out a 50 bill expecting to get 25 back. He took the 50 bill, took the rose back from me and scampered. I was so taken aback by it I didn't even react until I got home.

Does this give you a good enough idea of what some people think of gypsies?

10+ Year Old Account
    UK, Germany, and Italy if I remember correctly
    In the UK they raid gypsy sites, I can't imagine the police enjoy it much as they are a closed community.

They're more infamous for theft and land issues than other crimes, so I'd be surprised if the police didn't follow up on violent crime incidents. There was a story where I grew up, that the police used to raid a local site every few months in order to clear up their stolen vehicle recovery rates, I don't know if there was an element of truth to it.

Gypsies is also a vague term in the UK, as it covers Irish and Romani types.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Then ofcourse, you've got the dozen or so romani who come into town in their vans to beg for money to some fake cause. They're extremely annoying and in your face about it. Some times they use kids as bait.
    More than just annoying and in your face about it. Some are actually harassing people. I was spat in the face by one who was sitting outside a store, who started walking after me and asked for money. Said I never carry any cash, because I do all my payments with a card, then I got spat on. Just, do they expect people to be nice to them, when they behave that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    I was spat in the face by one who was sitting outside a store, who started walking after me and asked for money.

They really hate Finns so maybe that is why. They say that Finns drink too much and get violent so they don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They really hate Finns so maybe that is why. They say that Finns drink too much and get violent so they don't like them.
    Finns still haven't learned to deal with cheap alcohol. The drawbacks of the EU, I guess...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

To be 100% honest. They don't "handle" Gypsies.

It's more like a catch and release and shuffle the problem around from city to city from county to county and from country to country.

Romanians want the Hungarians to handle it, the Hungarians want the Romanians to handle it, the Romanians avoid the issue, they end up Italy, the Italians want them out, the Romanians won't take them back, they end up in France, the French ship them Romanian/Bulgaria, the Romanians/Bulgarians don't want to handle the issue (mostly they don't really know how), they end up in Spain, the Spaniards ship 'em around between social housing centers and prisons try to chase them out of the shanty towns they set up, then they end up in the UK... and so on and on and on and on and on.

I strongly recommend watching this to understand the sheer complexity of the issue, and this only covers 1 aspect of a MULTI faceted problem

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Mihalik; 2015-08-15 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That's proper patriotism that is...

Also... hockey fans all over the world act like this!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

If they are caught on the spot doing something bad, they are arrested.
    However, they sometimes form their own settlements and police doesn't really go there as often as it should because there is a risk of the police getting beaten by a gang of 30-40 gypsies, and if any gypsy is hurt in return, they cry racism and get away and the police that was involved might be punished. So without police there is a rampant stealing of electricity and supplies.
    Stealing of electricity happens very often, but they also tend to electrocute themselves and die, so as a result of this the electric meters were put really, really high above the ground and hard to access. Then the EU said that this is discrimination against gypsies and there is an ongoing debate about this.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-08-15 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    UK, Germany, and Italy if I remember correctly
    No, that is not true.
    Their camper towns getting raided on a regular basis, since setting such up is illegal in the first place.
    And those not moving around with campers, they too are raided regularly

This: A raid on roma who became a problem in an apartment complex.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Nowhere near harsh enough, to put that into context. They move into an apartment complex or even some city district and pretty much EVERYONE moves out shortly after. That includes people who cause others to move out. I recently read about a neighbourhood movement that wanted to basically ban them out of the small town they moved into, sounds far right? Said group was mostly made up of immigrants themselves, who couldn't stand their children defecating on streets, walkways and parks, them putting up "junk" barricades to "blockade their streets" and such.

15+ Year Old Account

Those are not Finnish gypsies. Those are Bulgarians and Romanians who have come here to steal and beg. All of them should be deported immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not much.

Maybe they can imprision them for a few hours, then they are set free, even though their activity is well known.

Laws are quite weak when it comes down to street crime... and it can be quite wide. I think we should be harsh with it, even at the lowest levels, such as street peeing... if you pee or make a graffiti (same shit), you should have to clean it up and pay an over tuned fine. Some people simply failed at educating their children, so the law should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Those are not Finnish gypsies. Those are Bulgarians and Romanians who have come here to steal and beg. All of them should be deported immediately.
    Stop lying, they are typical finnish people.

Out of curiosity, I have a question for my European friends. How does the EU police handle gypsies?
    What do you mean? Roma or "travelling folk" (pikeys)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    No, they must be Gypsies... Cybran said so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, they must be Gypsies... Cybran said so.
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic or ignorant - but I want to make it clear that those people on the video have nothing to do with being Finnish.

If it isn't clear to you, they don't speak Finnish, they are speaking Bulgarian in that video.

Those are Bulgarian and Romanian gypsies who came here in the past couple of years.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

I want to make it clear that those people on the video have nothing to do with being Finnish.
    They are European citizens and as such are free to move where they want. They have decided that they want to be Finns, who are you to tell them otherwise?

15+ Year Old Account
    They are European citizens and as such are free to move where they want.
    They are free to stay for 3 months​.
    They have decided that they want to be Finns, who are you to tell them otherwise?
    They have not decided that they want to be Finns. They just want to live in Finland. Two vastly different things.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or ignorant - but I want to make it clear that those people on the video have nothing to do with being Finnish.

If it isn't clear to you, they don't speak Finnish, they are speaking Bulgarian in that video.

Those are Bulgarian and Romanian gypsies who came here in the past couple of years.
    Stop with your bullshit mate, they are finnish, just work out your problems and stop blaming Bulgaria and Romania.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop with your bullshit mate, they are finnish, just work out your problems and stop blaming Bulgaria and Romania.
    They are not Finnish.