Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Third try is the charm, finally posted in the right forum. And since you didn't really give us anything to discuss I'll take care of that ole chap.

Who wants to watch underworld without leather wrapped kate beckinsale. No thank you.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Who wants to watch underworld without leather wrapped kate beckinsale. No thank you.
    According to The Hollywood Reporter, Beckinsale is set to reprise her role as the badass vampire Selene,
    Problem solved!

I find that series entertaining. It's by no means an Interstellar or Mad Max, but I thoroughly enjoy myself when I watch Underworld.

Kate Beckinsale probably has a lot to do with it, but I also enjoy their take on Vampires/Werewolves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Does it need a 5th installment? I saw the first one and second one. Skipped the third, and didn't know it had a fourth. What did I miss?
    you missed lycan lore

10+ Year Old Account
    has to have beckinsale!

Does it need a 5th installment? I saw the first one and second one. Skipped the third, and didn't know it had a fourth. What did I miss?
    Some of the sequels were actually pretty solid. Especially rise of the lycans
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Third try is the charm, finally posted in the right forum. And since you didn't really give us anything to discuss I'll take care of that ole chap.

I actually would, not that she's not beautiful but I enjoy the lore and the history of the Underworld series too much to want the series to devolve to a Selene and the Vamps schtick. I thought that adding India Eisley as her daughter was a good way to pass the torch since Selene's backstory is so intertwined with characters that they killed off in the first two movies, a fresh perspective while still being a part of the Underworld saga would be a good thing.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The third one was actually neat.

I'll probably end up watching this one eventually. If nothing else then because of Kate Beckinsale.

The series is dumb, but entertaining. Plus Kate Beckinsale in tight leather is certainly a draw as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck, I'll likely watch it. This series is a guilty pleasure for me, like Resident Evil. I don't mind crap, so long as it's entertaining crap. Werewolves are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The third one was actually neat.

I'll probably end up watching this one eventually. If nothing else then because of Kate Beckinsale.
    Word, Rise of the Lycans is probably my favorite in the series. Heheh, Nighy and Sheen just being awesome, chewing up scenery. =3
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Heck, I'll likely watch it. This series is a guilty pleasure for me, like Resident Evil. I don't mind crap, so long as it's entertaining crap. Werewolves are awesome.

Word, Rise of the Lycans is probably my favorite in the series. Heheh, Nighy and Sheen just being awesome, chewing up scenery. =3
    Whatever quality these movies might be, the backstory is surprisingly solid.

Kate. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Kate. That is all.
    Pretty much this.

In fact, the entire movie could be nothing but Kate Beckinsale dancing around in a tight leather outfit, and I'd be perfectly fine with it.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQBQzNlRaOg

Awww yeah. Looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Whatever quality these movies might be, the backstory is surprisingly solid.
    Yeah, I quite enjoyed the lore setups in Rise and the first few minutes of Evolution (revisit more of that medieval goodness, please), and the teases of the aftermath for the purge in Awakening. I would like to see this purge. Things just started to get dodgy when they toyed around with hybrids and super serum lycans.

Hmm, I may have to do an Underworld BD marathon later, if time permits. >.> <.< >.>
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Pretty much this.

In fact, the entire movie could be nothing but Kate Beckinsale dancing around in a tight leather outfit, and I'd be perfectly fine with it.
    We should start a Kickstarter for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    While I enjoyed the movies and will probably see the newest one, I still think they went too much the Resident Evil way where they focused too much on the main character, and not enough about the actual universe and the story around it. Kate's character is cool, but not deep enough to carry an entire movie.

I feel like if they had really pieced together all the elements of the story it had a cool enough back ground to do some really cool things. Unfortunately I felt they got too much away from it, especially the newest one with the ridiculous werewolf thing at the end.

Hopefully, they find it again in the newest one. The first one was awesome in that it was more about the story than just Kate's character.

Deleted
    There has been 2-4? Must have been pretty bad cuz I have not heard of 'em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post

Nighy is one of my favorite actors. I watched Pirates of the Carribean before I watched Underworld, and I've watched the first two (Just finished Evolution like 20 minutes ago) so seeing him again in Underworld being f**king awesome was great.

They're not my favorite movies, but they're fun as hell to watch.
    Putin khuliyo