Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The sole reason is because of EMFH clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It means that they will have to finally balance PvP in WoW.

And they are. They are basically making gear meaningless, including killing off trinkets.

They are implementing a class/spec template that will homogenize stats for all of a particular spec.

They are implementing a PvP Talent Tree with boosting talents that can be earned - and kept permanently, if one chooses not to roll them over into Prestige and start again. And honestly, anyone who's competing at a high ranking or in a tournament? Of course they are going to max out their talents and keep their talents maxxed out for the duration of the event. So it will be, in addition to stat homogenization, yet another equalizing element.

Sounds an awful lot like... Heroes of the Storm, except the talents are retained semi-permanently, instead of being reset for every single match.

So now all they have to worry about are the cookie cutter stat templates, and the talent trees. Tweaking those will, I'm sure, be an ongoing thing - they can probably get the stats nailed down within the first season or so, but the talents will be tweaked for some time to come, no doubt. But again, Heroes tweaks talent trees pretty constantly, and players deal with it.

That's the kind of balancing they need if they ever want Arena and RBGs to be taken seriously.

Its talbadar's snoozefest triple healer team that killed wow in MLG.

As long as that doesn't happen again I can see it coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Its talbadar's snoozefest triple healer team that killed wow in MLG.

As long as that doesn't happen again I can see it coming back.
    Healers were made OP due to OP burst.

Getting rid of OP burst will allow for reduced OP burst healing and therefore allow for more strategy, hopefully; again back to them mentioning they want consistent damage to be more of a thing and burst to take something of a backseat. Which it should.

The game needs to focus much more heavily on timing and execution with speed. GW2 succeeds in this regard. It's extremely fast paced but you still need to have timing and precision like it is no one's business. When I played as my Thief one error could easily get me killed. If I played all my cards right, I'd destroy another player. All of this happening in the span of a couple of minutes more often than not.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2015-08-25 at 05:34 PM.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    it could mean we actually have balanced pvp incoming.
    Lol, I can't recall many esport games that are balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Lol, I can't recall many esport games that are balanced.
    No game is perfectly balanced but WoW is so imbalanced PvP wise that only a handful of viable classes/specs would be represented at any given time.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    No game is perfectly balanced but WoW is so imbalanced PvP wise that only a handful of viable classes/specs would be represented at any given time.
    Yeah I wonder if it will ever change.

The new system of class tuning in pvp that's coming in WoD does sound promising though.

SC2 : Huge armies going back and forth, you can clearly see who is winning and what is going on even if you don't know the game well.
    (Or put in other popular pro-gaming stuff)

WoW : 6 people circling pillars until one abruptly dies. So fun to watch
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic