PoF rotation for burn

Hi guys,

I managed to get PoF off Manno last night and after going through some forums and threads ect I cant find the answer to this properly. I understand when we go into burn phase we go from popping mark onto the boss, dumping missiles into the boss and AB into the crystal ect.

My question is:
    When going into burn phase and we dont get a proc onto the boss, do we with hold from going into burn phase until the proc gets thrown on the boss? or do you go into burn phase regardless? From what I was testing on a dummy, whenever i dont hold from burn phase I end up proccing the mark onto the crystal and not the boss. I do have a WA that tells me when the mark is up also.

Thanks
    Luft

You should be very happy if it procs on your PC. I'd never delay to try to force PoF onto the boss first. If it does proc on boss, which is most of the time, it seems most people are just weaving AM onto whatever it does proc on while using AB on PC.

Yeah ideally it procs on your crystal then you just burn as usual. Think of it this way, if it procs on the boss we get our AM's into it. If it procs on the crystal we get our AM's and our AB's into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, proccing on crystal is the dream. If it hasn't procced on the boss yet, get excited ... and just wait for the PC cleave damage to make it proc on the boss after you've started your burn on the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Yeah, proccing on crystal is the dream. If it hasn't procced on the boss yet, get excited ... and just wait for the PC cleave damage to make it proc on the boss after you've started your burn on the PC.
    Or it procs on the last second just as the crystal is about to expire, the amount of RNG on opener is absurd.

Rankings as arcane should be taken as a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Or it procs on the last second just as the crystal is about to expire, the amount of RNG on opener is absurd.

Rankings as arcane should be taken as a grain of salt.
    Yeah on any boss with small burst AoE windows RNG is the most important factor to actually performing well as an arcane mage. In fact I'd say that about any boss unless its long and constant cleave or single target. Its kinda silly. I really wish Blizzard would just gut PoF and compensate with SN/AE buffs. Unfortunately we'd still have the 4 set proccing or not proccing on openers to deal with

Yeah got PoF this past week. The rng on opener is quite frustrating. Also had an entire feast of souls phase on gorefiend with no proc