Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

We should not complain about experiencing the world from the ground! Enjoy it!

The world was specifically built to be enjoyed from the ground, so why all the fuss about wanting to be in the air.

It's coming, we will be able to be in the air soon enough, so why be impatient and be whiny complaining kids?

I salute Blizzard for making one of the best expansions to date, and I think being grounded this expansion has been the best idea they have had yet.

Ha "that guy" again
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

wow, after a long period of silence, finally JL is back. its JL-Threads-Time !

oh, and to update you: you are a "little" to late, a few less people already wrote "some" posts on that topic. a few.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2015-08-16 at 01:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    wow, after a long period of silence, finally JL is back. its JL-Threads-Time !

oh, and to update you: you are a "little" to late, a few less people already wrote "some" posts on that topic. a few.
    I mean, the environments and the world is just beautiful. Why not be happy for what they give us? Warlords has been awesome so far, not only the content, but the beautiful environments have been amazing.

Why do the mods let an obvious troll thread from the clearly the biggest troll on this site stay open?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing enjoyable about wasting my time. You'll understand this when you grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Why do the mods let an obvious troll thread from the clearly the biggest troll on this site stay open?
    The worst part is that you will probably be the one infracted.

here we go again.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    The content that is there really is enjoyable. He's not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The world was specifically built to be enjoyed from the ground, so why all the fuss about wanting to be in the air.

It's coming, we will be able to be in the air soon enough, so why be impatient and be whiny complaining kids?

I salute Blizzard for making one of the best expansions to date, and I think being grounded this expansion has been the best idea they have had yet.
    I must first say when they announced no flying from here on I was over joyed because I like my experience more when its heavily populated on the ground (insert remark about everyone being in their garrison not populating the world) BUT I do see the complaint about wanting to fly as valid and here's my opinion on why.

Blizzard made the conscious decision to input flying back in BC and they had content that dealt with flying. Although I don't consider a zone you can only reach via flying as substantial enough to warrant flying (like the arrakoa daily in terrokar) I must say I did like the dragon maw quests that involved flying and I really enjoyed stormpeaks. In wrath specifically there was an attempt to implement more flying based content such as that quest where you ride a wyvern and bomb the flying creatures in Dragonblight near the waterfall south of Wintergrasp. I cant remember in which interview they mentioned it but they addressed this specific quest and how depth perception created an issue in combat. This same issue appeared in Vashj'ir with underwater combat. While this is an issue that exists I don't believe they can just take flying out because it didnt turn out like the wanted it.

My thoughts on flying's current state. Its broken. There needs to be as much risk in the air as there is on the ground. There needs to be content to do in the air as well. Make it fun to fly.

People can feel free to chime in on my ideas for fixes or say where my views can cause problems. But ideas that may be a nice change. Maybe make it so mounts cannot hover (as the only flying creature able to hover in reality is the humming bird, but this game's world is very far from reality) but if you put this in players who like flying can still get the feel for their exploration through flying and can go where ever they want. But when they are not at their pc they will have to land. Keeping the population visible in places like Orgrimmar or Stormwind. Another option is air (and maybe mounted) combat. But that goes to trying to fix the vashj'ir and dragonblight issue. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    There's nothing enjoyable about wasting my time. You'll understand this when you grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

The worst part is that you will probably be the one infracted.
    I just feel that experiencing the exciting content from the ground is more rewarding.

I'm tired of seeing the world from the air, and so was millions of other players, continually asking to remove flight.

We are getting flight, and I'm excited, and I'm excited that it will be in its place next expansion after the majority of the expansion is complete. Their compromise was the best we could expect.

I think I speak for most of not all that the achievement to get flight is the best for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Website activity, is my guess.

On topic: I rather do exploration from both ground and air level, thank you and keep up the good work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just feel that experiencing the exciting content from the ground is more rewarding.

I'm tired of seeing the world from the air, and so was millions of other players, continually asking to remove flight.

We are getting flight, and I'm excited, and I'm excited that it will be in its place next expansion after the majority of the expansion is complete. Their compromise was the best we could expect.

I think I speak for most of not all that the achievement to get flight is the best for the game.
    So don't use your flying mount. Why force me to play the way you prefer? These arguements have all been hashed out ad nauseam. I just want my flying mount, like i've had for about 8 years now.

What baffles me is that with all the experience they have from previous expansions with flying, their answer was to remove it and/or heavily restrict and delay it. Why not fill zones with airships, dragons, environmental hazards, timed puzzles, etc? Yes, it's harder to design levels because of this. But that doesn't mean it's ok to shovel out crap zones that RELY on 2D movement to artificially extend weak design by making it frustrating for players to effectively move. Especially not when those zones are leveling zones that will not ever be returned to.

It's a fundamental problem with Blizzard's approach to world design. There shouldn't be entire zones of the expansion that are 99% dedicated to grounded leveling content, with only 1% that you return to at cap for some mindless daily grind. Relegate leveling content to phases or instances and design EVERY open world zone under the assumption that it will be used by level-capped players who have flight. Fill the zones with all manner of terrain, buildings, and environments for both flying and no-flying: Massive caves with no-flight like inside Blackrock Mountain used to be. Floating fortresses and airships with dragons and other hazards like Icecrown and Stormpeaks.

We can have BOTH flight and no-flight. Blizzard should be embracing this concept instead of spending so much time and effort fighting against it. Fire whatever throwback designers that can't think in more than two dimensions, and really take WoW up a notch instead of trying to recreate the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    So don't use your flying mount. Why force me to play the way you prefer? These arguements have all been hashed out ad nauseam. I just want my flying mount, like i've had for about 8 years now.
    Because if the world is specifically designed for experiencing it from the ground, a flying mount would defeat the point wouldn't it?

That's the point. We shouldn't complain, we should enjoy what they built for us! We should be grateful for what we do have, rather than complaining for what we don't have.

Because Warlords was said to be the same thing and I didn't see ANYTHING built specifically for the ground. All it did was make things take significantly more time for no reason which ended up blocking a lot of players from doing said activities (such as Archaeology, which is already boring enough).

Because if the world is specifically designed for experiencing it from the ground, a flying mount would defeat the point wouldn't it?

That's the point. We shouldn't complain, we should enjoy what they built for us! We should be grateful for what we do have, rather than complaining for what we don't have.

Again, WoD said the same thing. Let's see if Legion actually delivers on that.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I was not aware flying mounts made you use them and that you could not simply use a ground mount or not fly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    What baffles me is that with all the experience they have from previous expansions with flying, their answer was to remove it and/or heavily restrict and delay it. Why not fill zones with airships, dragons, environmental hazards, timed puzzles, etc? Yes, it's harder to design levels because of this. But that doesn't mean it's ok to shovel out crap zones that RELY on 2D movement to artificially extend weak design by making it frustrating for players to effectively move. Especially not when those zones are leveling zones that will not ever be returned to.

It's a fundamental problem with Blizzard's approach to world design. There shouldn't be entire zones of the expansion that are 99% dedicated to grounded leveling content, with only 1% that you return to at cap for some mindless daily grind. Relegate leveling content to phases or instances and design EVERY open world zone under the assumption that it will be used by level-capped players who have flight. Fill the zones with all manner of terrain, buildings, and environments for both flying and no-flying: Massive caves with no-flight like inside Blackrock Mountain used to be. Floating fortresses and airships with dragons and other hazards like Icecrown and Stormpeaks.

We can have BOTH flight and no-flight. Blizzard should be embracing this concept instead of spending so much time and effort fighting against it. Fire whatever throwback designers that can't think in more than two dimensions, and really take WoW up a notch instead of trying to recreate the past.
    This pretty much sums it up for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it's the devs choice not ours to design how the game is meant to be, including flying or not, it's not "wasting time", it's a matter of how the game is. If you can't fly, that's it, there is no other choice and you have to enjoy the game that way if you want to play.

It's like you don't have free end game gear, that's how the game is, you're not wasting your time because you don't get your end gear mailed in.

And we should never give feedback, and leave everything that's broken alone and never want it to be fixed. We should just accept shoddy, second-rate garbage because that's what Blizzard is selling. Blizzard knows best. Blizzard is life.

Are you F'ing kidding me?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Except it's the devs choice not ours to design how the game is meant to be, including flying or not, it's not "wasting time", it's a matter of how the game is. If you can't fly, that's it, there is no other choice and you have to enjoy the game that way if you want to play.

It's like you don't have free end game gear, that's how the game is, you're not wasting your time because you don't get your end gear mailed in.
    This is exactly right.

The devs created the game to be enjoyed from the ground this expansion, and did they ever deliver!

The world is beautiful. The game is amazing, and the content is highly rewarding.