Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I use pvp to get good starter gear for raiding. I just levelled a toon to 100 this week and went straight to Ashran. With 11k catchup conquest limit, I can get several easy 700 iLevel epics for a few hours work (Hail Hydra BTW) and the rest I populate with 670 honour gear. Sure beats grinding heroics and LFR! Now if they remove this path to gear, what will we do! WE'RE DOOMED!

Template idea is really, really bad.

Can you imagine a Sub Rogue stuck with multistrike as the main stat for PVP?

*Cringes*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
    I use pvp to get good starter gear for raiding. I just levelled a toon to 100 this week and went straight to Ashran. With 11k catchup conquest limit, I can get several easy 700 iLevel epics for a few hours work (Hail Hydra BTW) and the rest I populate with 670 honour gear. Sure beats grinding heroics and LFR! Now if they remove this path to gear, what will we do! WE'RE DOOMED!
    I think for pve they want to bring people back to dungeons, and even though claims might be otherwise so might be the case for pvp people as well, they could also fix crafting so it's a viable gear set to craft to get started (hope for removal of max 3 crafted pieces)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

*Cringes*
    Well that's the thing as well, people might value different stats for their chars. Shadowpriest at start of xpac actually had quite many stat choices for the first time :P So some went versitality, I liked mastery and some went good ol haste, a matter of flavour and I don't understand the logic in removing that option, unless you can choose what main stats you want and they adapt numbers after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    and I don't understand the logic in removing that option, unless you can choose what main stats you want and they adapt numbers after it.
    Thats pretty simple if you think about it. pvp gear will equal pve so if you could pick your stats that sounds pretty mandatory for pve to have to get. Hopefully they have some options on what you get set at but that's if this even makes it this sounds hard to implement and get right so I doubt it makes it.

I still think they are doing their bullshit doublespeaks, Mythic will be BiS, pve nerfs will continue to fuck up pvp and wpvp will be again dragonslayers murdering everyone else effortlessly.

None of their "solutions" touch the core issue, they just do bandaid stuff all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding trinkets being disabled in PvP, does it mean that cheese trinkets, like the Twisting Nether card (10% chance to allow self-rez upon death) would be of no use then? I still wonder why that trinket was never changed to not work on higher level characters, while % effects that scale into later levels (i.e. Nightfall, the Blue Dragon card) were nerfed.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The PvP'ers were playing an unfair game for years and calling it "real bizniz".

There is no place for gear or any disparities in a true PvP environment. Equal opportunities, let the skills shine.

I would like the changes in Legion more if they completely got rid of the issues - in other words, no 7% either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    The PvP'ers were playing an unfair game for years and calling it "real bizniz".

There is no place for gear or any disparities in a true PvP environment. Equal opportunities, let the skills shine.

I would like the changes in Legion more if they completely got rid of the issues - in other words, no 7% either.
    I agree, if they implement that 7% disparity from scaling gear they might as well scale to equality.

I don't really care. After many years (between everquest and wow) of grinding out new gear, the novelty has worn off. I'd rather just fight players or dragons and spend less time trying to min/max stats.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Well that's funny because I tend to feel the exact opposite.

I've been playing MMORPGs since 2000 with DAoC and for me the RPG part is important. I was actually quite bummed out when they removed the reforge system and the profession bonuses. Gear acquisition, progression and min/max'ing is a big part of the game for me, in PvE or PvP. When you start you get wrecked, as you spend more time and efforts you get some rewards and your character becomes more powerful.

Most of the time when I am done getting the gear on 1 toon I play it for a few weeks and then get on one of my other character and do the same. If they remove this I am not sure I'll find any motivation to do PvP. Now I understand that I am probably in a different demographic than most people who play the game.
    Last edited by Gnu; 2015-08-17 at 01:06 PM.
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

I like what they are proposing, but they also need to deactivate racials. And allow for this prestige system at lower levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most complaints about the new system is people being upset they won't be able to outgear opponents and that skill-based PvP will show they are actually quite bad

- - - Updated - - -

*Cringes*
    The template is the Ilvl, not the Stats on your gear. If you wanted Crit on a Sub Rogue, you'd wear Crit gear and the Template would scale it up to the Ilvl it is tuned for..

to everyone complaining about making pvp more equal, you guys are bad who just want to outgear people....think about games like starcraft, league of legends, dota.....huge PURE pvp games that start out on an equal level....if something is over/under tuned they can spot it and fix it way faster based on the class skills and not gear....skill based pvp is the best thing this game could have done, especially for the casual players

progression now will be the talent system and the artifact skills

people complaining about pve gear being better in pvp, they said their wont be a difference, plus when you enter pvp your pve talent tree will prob be disabled and your pvp tree will be there (meaning if you only pve and never pvp'd to unlock it then you wont be nearly as good)

edit: holinka has said you wont have to raid to get BiS gear for pvp
    Last edited by Scaw; 2015-08-17 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Most complaints about the new system is people being upset they won't be able to outgear opponents and that skill-based PvP will show they are actually quite bad

- - - Updated - - -

The template is the Ilvl, not the Stats on your gear. If you wanted Crit on a Sub Rogue, you'd wear Crit gear and the Template would scale it up to the Ilvl it is tuned for..

You can say the same thing about people who are happy about the new system being quite lazy and wanting instant gratification without making any effort...
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No, the front page says spec stat template. All specs in the game currently have a spec stat (eg Sub Multistrike).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scaw View Post
    to everyone complaining about making pvp more equal, you guys are bad who just want to outgear people....think about games like starcraft, league of legends, dota.....huge PURE pvp games that start out on an equal level....if something is over/under tuned they can spot it and fix it way faster based on the class skills and not gear....skill based pvp is the best thing this game could have done, especially for the casual players

progression now will be the talent system and the artifact skills

people complaining about pve gear being better in pvp, they said their wont be a difference, plus when you enter pvp your pve talent tree will prob be disabled and your pvp tree will be there (meaning if you only pve and never pvp'd to unlock it then you wont be nearly as good)
    PVE raiding gear is going to cause massive problems for PVP balance.

No, the front page says spec stat template. All specs in the game currently have a spec stat (eg Sub Multistrike).

- - - Updated - - -

PVE raiding gear is going to cause massive problems for PVP balance.
    pretty sure holinka already said you wont have to raid to get BiS gear....its on the front page

pretty sure holinka already said you wont have to raid to get BiS gear....its on the front page
    When Holinka explains *how* and *why* we won't have to raid to get gear for PVP, we'll talk. Right now, there's only PVE gear being best for PVP and us waiting for the explanation of what else is there that compensates / changes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    When Holinka explains *how* and *why* we won't have to raid to get gear for PVP, we'll talk. Right now, there's only PVE gear being best for PVP and us waiting for the explanation of what else is there that compensates / changes this.
    you guys are so stuck on this gear thing lol....they said pve and pvp gear are going to be very similar BECAUSE they are making it so you can switch between pvp and pve if and when you want....so you your doing pve and want to do some bgs, you'll have the gear for it.....and if your doing arenas and want to jump into a pve raid, you'll have the gear for it

you're pvp talent tree changing depending on which class and artifact skills should be your "balancing" concerns

they said set bonuses and trinkets were out in pvp....and if gear is identical....i dont see how you think it will be better
    Last edited by Scaw; 2015-08-17 at 02:54 PM.

you guys are so stuck on this gear thing lol....they said pve and pvp gear are going to be very similar BECAUSE they are making it so you can switch between pvp and pve if and when you want....so you your doing pve and want to do some bgs, you'll have the gear for it.....and if your doing arenas and want to jump into a pve raid, you'll have the gear for it

you're pvp talent tree changing depending on which class and artifact skills should be your "balancing" concerns

they said set bonuses and trinkets were out in pvp....and if gear is identical....i dont see how you think it will be better
    Read the interviews.

They say they will scale the difference in ilvl down, instead of capping ilvl. This means that mythic gear will be best for PVP, because it has the highest ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Read the interviews.

They say they will scale the difference in ilvl down, instead of capping ilvl. This means that mythic gear will be best for PVP, because it has the highest ilvl.

holinka said you will not have to raid to have the "BEST" gear for pvp..... he's over pvp, and thats his aim/goal....they have plenty of time to change things around like ilvls to make it happen

they lost a lot of subs for shitty expansions.....im giving them some hope, that they put some actual effort to balancing things out to get those subs back
    Last edited by Scaw; 2015-08-17 at 03:18 PM.