Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I hear Mexico has a horrible human rights record. How do we turn Mexico into a modern peaceful liberal democratic society?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I hear Mexico has a horrible human rights record. How do we turn Mexico into a modern peaceful liberal democratic society?
    We are already borderless, grant amnesty, and teach them English, so we could go one step further and annex Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, etc.

obviously if you stop incarcerating black criminals they will be happier.

In saying that, its a bit of a chicken and egg scenario: do cops treat blacks worse because they commit more crime? or do blacks have higher crime rates because they are targeted unfairly by cops?

By now its a mixture of both, prosecuting less blacks wont fix the issue, that simply creates more. trying to understand why blacks commit more crime is a better answer, but i fear thats a deep seated problem that isnt so easily fixed.

It has become a race issue, not because having black skin makes you more likely to commit crime, but rather being poor makes you more likely. Being black doesnt instantly make you more poor either, but it can make it harder to gain employment. black groups tended to remain poor after imancipation due to racial stigmas and racial preferences in employment, but after the civil rights movements things should have changed for the better.

Its no surprise that black communities have been hit the hardest by the 'war on drugs', if you understand anything about gary webb and the CIA, you would know that it isnt their fault that drugs were dumped into their neighborhoods. I dont believe that they were targeted by race, but rather because they were easy targets, or perhaps it was based on race alone, but at any rate, the bloods and the crips sprouted out of nothing, gaining dominance over drug trade that was pumped into black communities by the CIA.

At this time, black culture was overtaken with a wave of drug abuse and gang violence, neither of which as far as i understand had anything to do with their natural cultural progression, but rather due to cia interference in pumping drugs into communities. crime rates soared, public image of black culture was smeared. They went from a repressed subgroup with strong family ties to fighting cultural civil wars in the form of gang wars.

Black cultural icons went from characters like martin luther king to violent self interested ganster rappers, promoting a culture of violence and personal satisfaction over a culture of a brotherhood and equality among races. This has prevailed over a series of generations, leading to a culture of entitlement and hatred, neither of which is conducive to pushing themselves in a better direction.

The appearance of clack cocaine in black communities not only pitted blacks vs blacks, but also sparked the 'war on drugs', and pitted the police against the black communities, leading to the cycle of discrimination we have today.

A major issue here is that the sides blame each other and neither takes responsibility for their own actions. either side could fix it by working only with what they control, but prefer to deflect blame

Personally, i dont think that taking away freedoms and rights is the best approach to the war on drugs, and i dont believe that there is any serious interest in stopping the drug flow in the US, drugs give a back door into peoples homes and give the state more power.

But if there were ways to deal with this, i think a good start would be stopping the promotion of modern 'black culture', which is nothing but remnants from a time where gangsters were idolized. considering african americans helped build so many different music genres, i cant fathom why gangster rap is considered central to their culture. they have claim to jazz, funk, soul, rock, reggae (maybe not americans though) and a ton more, yet i see no promotion of light hearted black idols in the media, they are all violent badasses bar the ones who are self entitled manwhores.

Promiscuity being promoted doesnt help them either, it generally leads to fatherless children who grow up at a disadvantage. having a bit of fun is all good and well, but an unchecked sex culture that shuns responsibility is very dangerous. without father figures, these children turn to media icons, which tend to be self interested a-holes.

Culture is of paramount importance, there is no amount of jail time that will correct a citizen who is surrounded by a corrupt culture inside and out, and who idolizes dangerous personalities, selfishness and violence. Hell, prison tends to act more as a school for criminality and a gang recruitment center than it does a rehabilitation center. Prison time for petty crimes will always do more harm than good.
    Unfortunately the general image of the 'black' culture is tied to them racially like millstone around their necks. its something that is promoted rather than challenged, and the rest are told to accept it lest you be labeled a bigot or racist, yet to claim that its a core identity for black citizens is even less racially sensitive as they have created so much more than what is arguably the worst side they have to offer!

After separating african americans from the violent gang culture that evolved from the drug culture, you can look to promote something new, a wave of pride built on sensible and practical values rather than hatred and violence. Heros that actually show a path to success rather than a path to prison.

I doubt they will get there any time soon, but stranger things have happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    but does bernie sanders support fat cheerleaders?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...pton-interview

Ice Cube says the police are bullies. How do we change America's culture so there will be more compassion and kindness?

I can't say that I have a favorable view of capitalism. Eliminating or reducing greed will help society a lot.

I would end the drug war immediately.

I would fund more education and job training programs in areas like Compton.

And if necessary I would confiscate all firearms in that area.

Sanders 2016!
    The problem with your logic -

You would put more funding In poverty stricken areas.

Who would fund this investment?

What would you do with other areas? Leave them out and not fund them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    The problem with your logic -

You would put more funding In poverty stricken areas.

Who would fund this investment?

What would you do with other areas? Leave them out and not fund them?
    taxpayers duh.
    why do the other areas need more funding then they already have?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    To hell with Bernie Sanders, he's anti gun and pro gun control, a real cancer to liberty and individual rights. RAND PAUL 2016! I don't want this country to be like sweden its why I moved away from it
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2015-08-18 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    To hell with Bernie Sanders, he's anti gun and pro gun control. RAND PAUL 2016! I don't want this country to be like sweden its why I moved away from it
    Good luck getting anyone with paul as a last name in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_WBo4sfmi4

Ice Cube says the police are bullies.
    Thats this guy, right?

Last edited by Daita Tetsu; 2015-08-18 at 07:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    taxpayers duh.
    why do the other areas need more funding then they already have?
    Ok.

The taxpayers.

Let's go with it.

Now, with the Government in so much debt, and tax money not enough to pay existing needs, the current government either cuts other areas or they raise taxes.

So...

Where would you make the cuts?

or

How would you get re-elected whilst raising taxes on people that are already on the poverty line?

How are you also going to explain other areas of society that Compton will receive extra funding, but other poverty stricken areas won't?

How are you going to control population movement from poverty stricken areas to Compton, which people will naturally flock to since the area will be improving?

What do you think of this? I don't like this. This offends me. I don't want this happening in society.

7+ Year Old Account
    What do you think of this? I don't like this. This offends me. I don't want this happening in society.
    I don't like it, they told him to get on the ground and he just stands there. What an idiot.
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-08-19 at 02:20 AM.

I hear Mexico and Brazilian police are violent and brutal. How do we change them into peaceful high tech civilized Western style societies?

Sanders 2016: Because learning from your mistakes means giving up faith in the True-Belief Pixie, and we just can't do that.

Trump 2016: I've Chosen the form of MY Destroyer!

Ice Cube says the police are bullies. How do we change America's culture so there will be more compassion and kindness?

I can't say that I have a favorable view of capitalism. Eliminating or reducing greed will help society a lot.

I would end the drug war immediately.

I would fund more education and job training programs in areas like Compton.

And if necessary I would confiscate all firearms in that area.
    I presume by "end the drug war" you mean you'd stop fighting against drugs and legalize them? Or you'd go on a tyrannical crusade to control the populace through pharmacy industry?

Education and job training won't do shit with how little people are payed compared to rising costs of living.

"in that area" wow, okay, so you're going to turn certain places into suburban prisons. But only places of your choice, that you're probably already far away from.

If we want to change america's culture we need to literally fix the small stuff. Its like garbage in the ocean metaphorically.

Why the hell is all my money going to "Interest?" Why are my bills so fucking high? Why is there so much month left at the end of the money? If you do your best to feed 3 people on $7 a mouth a day, that's still $150 a week, $300 every two weeks, $600 a month straight to food... And its garbage food too!

Fix that shit. This isn't some "We're going to fix the people" bullshit. This better be some "We're going to actually improve the REAL MATERIAL GOODS and FOOD available to people's LIVES while hopefully also giving them all a decent amount of disposable income to enjoy!

Even Bernie Sander's hasn't said that yet. Might as well vote Trump. This has got to be the first election where I actually like two of the candidates instead of 0 candidates: Trump and Deez Nutz.

There is only one way to fix a broken culture.
    Raise the children in a community without the corrupted parent's influence tainting the children.
    Yes I know, it's not.. The most desirable method, but it's the only one I can think of.

Corruption is an evil circle, the parents get corrupted, then corrupt the children, who corrupt their own children, and so on.

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good."
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I would support the disarming of the Brazilian police.

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/...son-every-day/

I would take away all their guns until they became peaceful. I would convince the people of Brazil that going shopping and watching sports on TV is better than going out shooting each other.

The the Los Angeles and Chicago Police Departments have trained Brazil's police. I would create a organization that spies on Police Departments like the LAPD and Chicago PD and makes sure they act civilized and do not go out of line.

Meh, the police arent bullies, the police responds to the crime rate and level of criminal activity it encounters.
    Most police are very amiable.

Once the criminal elements stop shooting cops on sight, maybe the cops can start relaxing and being more friendly. Blaming the police is idiotic, its like saying the fever is causing your infection.

Deleted
    Ice Cube is an idiot, just the regular thug living at the edge of the law or even outside the law, that whines the police are out to get him because he's black or some shit. Just regular frustrated rap artist bullshit that's meant for other frustrated rap artist wannabes.