Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Ryan Adams - 1989 8.5/10

Ryan Adams is taking his style on Taylor Swift's album 1989. He does it brilliantly. Would love to see them duo on a couple of songs from the album!
    Yea, that album is really great! I love the different take on the pop aspect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Yea, that album is really great! I love the different take on the pop aspect.
    Indeed! I only learned about it because my phone died while trying to get home after a party so I bought a newspaper and read about it in there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Indeed! I only learned about it because my phone died while trying to get home after a party so I bought a newspaper and read about it in there
    Taylor Swift talked about the album.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Taylor Swift talked about the album.
    Missed that! Still a little bit upset about her quiting spotify

10+ Year Old Account
    Lena - Crystal Sky (Electro Pop) 8/10

The album came out a couple of months ago but I still love it. Has a big Ellie Goulding vibe if you're into that. Great stuff! But I love all her music <3
    Last edited by Feali; 2015-10-16 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demi Lovato - Confident 8/10

Really matured. Great album all the way through.

Selena Gomez - Revival 8/10

See above.

Elder: Lore

heavy/doom metal.
    right now I think it sits at a solid 8/10
    favorite tracks are

I love the way the songs progress and shift from one part to the next, there are some dry spots given it's almost an hour long total. but overall it rides a great line between classic rock and doom/stoner metal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stara Rzeka - Zamknęły się oczy ziemi (2015) (psychedelic folk/drone/ambient): 8.5/10

This is a beast of a record, and a very, very strong AOTY contender so far. It is influenced by a shitton of various artists from all over the musical spectrum, from Coltrane to Burzum to Soundtracks-era Swans, and it's all mashed up beautifully. The first track alone is enough to send you packing. The whole album is a mindblowing experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Thy Catafalque - Sgùrr (2015) (avant-garde metal): 8/10

A grower, not a shower, as it felt a bit disjointed at first, but redeemed itself on the second and third listen. A solid, typical Thy Catafalque record, mixing otherwordly but strangely comfortable avant-garde metal with eastern European (Hungarian particularly) folk music. One particular noteworthy achievement, each track has enough ideas to spawn several additional albums, it's that incredibly creative. Despite that, I was kinda disappointed with it, I think it's probably one of Tamás' worst releases, which gives you a clue how good the TC discography actually is. Still, a really fucking good record, this guy is unable to release anything lesser than great.

Sacri Monti - Sacri Monti (2015) (heavy psychedelic): 8/10

Probably the greatest heavy psyche release I've heard since Uncle Acid's Blood Lust. The guitar tone transports you straight to the 70's, with a thundering continuation of riffs carrying you seamlessly through 40 minutes of psychedelic bliss. 2015 is full of gems, this is one of them.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2015-10-22 at 02:37 PM.