New Gen-OT rules for thread making

1. Descriptive titles. Please add a rule that thread titles need to be descriptive of their content. Titles like "Is this real" or "What do you guys think" tell the viewer nothing of what's inside and act only as click-bait titles. There used to be a habit (and unless my memory fails me, it used to be enforced) that only constructive titles were used/allowed.

2. Provide context. If it's a story based on an article, provide that article. If it's a thread based on a post from somewhere else, provide at least some text or a summary telling us what it's about. Threads that are just a link, or threads that reference a current event without actually providing any information about that event (such as "What do you guys think about [event]?" being all the context that's provided) are not constructive.

A lot of Gen-OT thread-makers are getting lazy and it's annoying to see that forum devolve into a blog site.

I realize that we can report such threads, but without an actual rule and some semblance of enforcement of said rule, reporting those threads doesn't do anything to stop the tide of useless thread making.

I support the provide context one. It's not okay to post a thread and all the information you have to discuss is on some third party website that you have to click a link to read. It should be the responsibility of the OP to quote the article.

Of course WoW websites are fine, but most of the time if you're browsing MMO-C from a phone or tablet where you don't run adblock or anything that blocks scripts, when you click a link to some random "news" website you just get taken to the app store or get pop ups before the page even loads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would support the context bit as well. And no copy/paste shit either. "I saw this on reddit / link - whatta you think?"
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..