Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Windows 10 is an improvement in almost every way.
    Still not worth all the potential problems this thing will cause.

Windows 10 is an improvement in almost every way.
    I'm liking it so far. You can do a thing in like 20 different ways so you can pick the way you want to do things. The new browser needs work though.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So basically it would be like if you updated your Wii while having the Homebrew channel, it ends up removing the channel on you.

Personally, I have no real issue with this, as I don't pirate things anymore. I'm clean now!
    have fun when it "accidently" misflags a program/software you legally bought and removes it. and what's to prevent microsoft from maliciously using it to remove software from competitors they don't like and then claiming it was an "accident"
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    EU version of Windows is a little different. The N / K Editions remove all Media related software, and I believe Cortana as well.
    Seeing it appears that's being targeted i guess a law suit will be avoided by that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are misunderstanding the wording of that section. It says "...automatically check your version of THE software..." in reference to the WINDOWS 10 software, not scanning your whole PC and checking ALL software. Windows has always had to check the version of itself to know what patches/updates to download so that's been the case for many years. It's saying they have the right to patch W10 to not run pirated software, not scan your PC and disable pirated software. It's a pretty key difference that I think a lot of people got confused on.

Adding the clause that they are able to update Windows for needed DRM changes is different. Personally I don't care about DRM, my software is legit. Illegal software isn't worth the virus/patch headaches, along with the moral and legal issues.

Microsoft is basically giving away Windows 10, and it's MSFT...so you can bet they are going to make their money somehow. So maybe their approach is give away Win10 but crack down on other software piracy indirectly through improved DRM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    have fun when it "accidently" misflags a program/software you legally bought and removes it.
    Yeah, except it won't because if you actually read the microsoft site like the article writer apparently didn't you'd see that this agreement is for WINDOWS SERVICES. Not random unrelated software.

have fun when it "accidently" misflags a program/software you legally bought and removes it.
    You can't fool me by ditching your elves.

Also I've never had the Wii do that, I don't see why it would be different with Windows, especially when all my games are either on Steam or Battle.net.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Oh The European legal team is going to have a field day with this, scanning PC's for data and making unwanted changes to people private contents.

Microsoft how many more fines do you need to realize you can't invade our privacy that easily? Guessing two might do?
    This isn't an invasion of privacy...
    What's with these overreactions? I'm sure you're using services that invade your so called privacy a LOT more than something like this.
    Infact, you don't have much privacy at all if you have an online presence.

I can afford the games I want and I don't even have a job. If you can't buy your games, you're a minor, a student or you've got serious problems.

I guess the solution is to use legit software and you won't have to worry about this.

have fun when it "accidently" misflags a program/software you legally bought and removes it. and what's to prevent microsoft from maliciously using it to remove software from competitors they don't like and then claiming it was an "accident"

Lol I was about to quote this guy and post this exact thought.

This is literally why everyone is angry; They know this is going to be what happens. This is why Norton Anti-virus died, and is loathed, and deserves all that destitution.

Deleted
    Yeah, except it won't because if you actually read the microsoft site like the article writer apparently didn't you'd see that this agreement is for WINDOWS SERVICES. Not random unrelated software.
    BUT MAH GAEMS!!!11
    What are they meant to get upset and rigtheously indignant about now? Don't ask people to think, it hurts them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    This isn't an invasion of privacy...
    What's with these overreactions? I'm sure you're using services that invade your so called privacy a LOT more than something like this.
    Infact, you don't have much privacy at all if you have an online presence.

I can afford the games I want and I don't even have a job. If you can't buy your games, you're a minor, a student or you've got serious problems.
    This has been happening since windows 10 launched (and for other things before that, but I digress). People lose all sense when it comes to "privacy" and have started to completely ignore facts and what is actually happening and just throw up walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Possibly wrong forum? Also, either don't use Windows 10 or don't pirate/hack. The latter is the scummiest, so start there.
    It sucks but you might have to use Windows 10 eventually since new games will be built for DirectX 12. With them pushing 10 like this, I doubt they'd support other Windows for long. I see other OS' gaining more popularity real soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You can't fool me by ditching your elves.

Also I've never had the Wii do that, I don't see why it would be different with Windows, especially when all my games are either on Steam or Battle.net.
    you apparently don't know microsoft very well then. they have a very shady history.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best stop using Steam as well then. It has the exact same thing in its EULA.

The whole Windows 10 thing has been blown way out of proportion. People complaining about having to sign up for an MS account, yet use iPhones. I'm pretty sure you need an Apple ID for an iPhone. Same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I guess the solution is to use legit software and you won't have to worry about this.
    legit software has been flagged before with other drm.

10+ Year Old Account
    you apparently don't know microsoft very well then. they have a very shady history.
    Yeah.... and so does Facebook acccording to this forum. I mean you can still get Windows 10 and stilll be skeptical of Microsoft.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah.... and so does Facebook acccording to this forum. I mean you can still get Windows 10 and stilll be skeptical of Microsoft.
    i don't use facebook. i'm not going to risk having my software that i bought flagged as pirated until this is resolved.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've also added this to the EULA:
    "By accepting this agreement, you agree to receive these types of automatic updates without any additional notice."
    Which means that windows can download and apply updates without notification and without you having the option of not downloading the update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    They've also added this to the EULA: "By accepting this agreement, you agree to receive these types of automatic updates without any additional notice."
    Which means that windows can download and apply updates without notification and without you having the option of not downloading the update.
    uhm....thats just for automatic updates. you know the security essential updates. why would you want to not install those anyway?