Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Does anyone know if BOTH blades must have the same model? Meaning can we mix and match between those lovely swords? Loving the 3rd and 4th blades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Backsmack View Post

As you can see here in this pic, there are a list of items that they did not identify till either the website or well...still haven't identified them. I see a Frotymourney looking blade there! As well as what reminds me of an Uther Hammer, but that is unrelated.
    I hope one of the models for it we get looks like Frostmourne (bright silver/light grey blade with maybe the serrated parts closer to the handle looking like Frostys).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Does anyone know if BOTH blades must have the same model? Meaning can we mix and match between those lovely swords? Loving the 3rd and 4th blades.
    Both blades will have the same model, if I recall correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Likuidz View Post
    Dude, we blood dks are getting a golden blood scythe that's like something out of Castlevania.

That's way better.

YESSSSS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Likuidz View Post
    Dude, we blood dks are getting a golden blood scythe that's like something out of Castlevania.

That's way better.
    I saw that and I think thats really damn cool but I'm skeptical as the picture provided on the legion website of it seems really short. Looks more like a one hand scythe than anything but that may just be for picture purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I want each spec to have a different weapon not just frostmourne for all 3
    I agree, besides it makes no sense for there to be enough frostmourne to forge 4 new weapons especially since two of them are 2 handed

10+ Year Old Account
    like someone said, take the 2 shards and empower a 2 handed weapon, id love the frostmourne skull alone

For game play reasons they want each spec to have a unique artifact if you forged two artifacts from the same source they lose their uniqueness. And Frostmourn has always been a frost weapon it doesn't really fit that well with blood or unholy.

As far as lore goes Frostmourn is sentient and devours the soul of its wielder, binding him to it's will. Forging the shards into two separate blades while still risky should allow the Dk to be in control. If Frostmourn was made whole again, it would probably enslave the Dk,
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2015-08-17 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    For game play reasons they want each spec to have a unique artifact if you forged two artifacts from the same source they lose their uniqueness. And Frostmourn has always been a frost weapon it doesn't really fit that well with blood or unholy.

As far as lore goes Frostmourn is sentient and devours the soul of its wielder, binding him to it's will. Forging the shards into two separate blades while still risky should allow the Dk to be in control. If Frostmourn was made whole again, it would probably enslave the Dk,
    I always thought Frostmourne required the Lich King or Nerzhul to be...lucid? Is that not the case?

I always thought Frostmourne required the Lich King or Nerzhul to be...lucid? Is that not the case?
    I am not sure just how sentient it was but it definitely manipulated and controlled Arthas. As soon as he picked up the blade it started eating away at him, manipulating him, prior to holding the blade Arthas always did what he thought was right, even if others did not think so. Once he had Frostmourn he instantly turned on Muradin leaving him for dead he then went off to butcher his only allies on Northrend a mercenary company that he had no reason to betray. The sword compelled him to kill so it could feed, all the while further tearing away at Arthas's will and humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I am not sure just how sentient it was but it definitely manipulated and controlled Arthas. As soon as he picked up the blade it started eating away at him, manipulating him, prior to holding the blade Arthas always did what he thought was right, even if others did not think so. Once he had Frostmourn he instantly turned on Muradin leaving him for dead he then went off to butcher his only allies on Northrend a mercenary company that he had no reason to betray. The sword compelled him to kill so it could feed, all the while further tearing away at Arthas's will and humanity.
    Yeah I recall that. Hrm, but does it have the same effect on someone already dead? I wonder...Aren't their souls already sort of...nibbled on? Let's see what the lore has to say about the shards and such.

Yeah I recall that. Hrm, but does it have the same effect on someone already dead? I wonder...Aren't their souls already sort of...nibbled on? Let's see what the lore has to say about the shards and such.
    Ya our Dks are damaged and addicted to killing but they can still control themselves, Frostmourn could set them over the edge.

Deleted
    It's not like ALL paladins get Ashbringer, prolly just ret. Frost cant get two-hand frostmourne because it seems like they're being forved into one-handers which I think is fine.

I always wondered why they made Frost the dual wield spec since Arthas is one of the biggest examples of a frost DK (ofcourse he is way more but still a frost DK base).

Quote Originally Posted by scormac View Post
    I always wondered why they made Frost the dual wield spec since Arthas is one of the biggest examples of a frost DK (ofcourse he is way more but still a frost DK base).
    Could you point me to the material stating Arthas was a Frost Death Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by luckybucky17 View Post
    Could you point me to the material stating Arthas was a Frost Death Knight?
    All that ice a sword called FROSTmourne also visually.
    I did not mean that Arthas was a frost DK perse cuz he was THE DK but thematicly he looks like one.

Quote Originally Posted by scormac View Post
    All that ice a sword called FROSTmourne also visually.
    I did not mean that Arthas was a frost DK perse cuz he was THE DK but thematicly he looks like one.
    That's a weak basis, seeing as you can run around in whatever gear you want no matter the spec appearances mean little. I mean you could see a DK running around in paladin model stuff. Don't mean we use the light though.
    Arthas did plenty of Unholy DK stuff as well, probably did blood the least out of the three

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    What you said, also applies to ashrbinger and doomhammer, theyre one of a kind super legendary weapons
    Yeah but the Ashbringer or Doomhammer doesn't have a deadly essence that will corrupt you...

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yeah but the Ashbringer or Doomhammer doesn't have a deadly essence that will corrupt you...
    A huge point people keep looking over; those two items are not shattered into a million pieces.

For me Shadowmourne is closer to Frostmourne than these two things. Legendary Artifact my ass.
    Well, still better than Unholy and Blood I guess, getting noname-weapons Blizzard quickly makes up some lore for... -.-

Btw: The real reason Blizzard doesn't let us reforge Frostmourne itself is a lot more mundane than the lore reasons (they can make up some bullshit reasons to fix that, like us exorcising Nerzhul's corruption from it during the questline or Frostmourne being cleansed by its shattering), it is that Frostmourne would be a Frost DK weapon, not fitting Unholy's theme and color scheme. And Blizzard wants Frost to play onehands.

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see here in this pic, there are a list of items that they did not identify till either the website or well...still haven't identified them. I see a Frotymourney looking blade there! As well as what reminds me of an Uther Hammer, but that is unrelated.
    That's the evolved version of Icebringer (1st post, 2nd from left)
    Last edited by Galathir; 2015-08-17 at 05:40 PM.

There are many specs who are limited to one type of weapon because of artifacts, when they can use other types of weapons as well. I'm guessing this is not the only type of artifacts we will be seeing.

Maybe in some other expansion they will add another 36 artifacts, this time each one different for each spec. Like Frost DKs using two handed swords (not saying frostmourne) just to cover all available game styles.