Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by R41den View Post
    There are many specs who are limited to one type of weapon because of artifacts, when they can use other types of weapons as well. I'm guessing this is not the only type of artifacts we will be seeing.

Maybe in some other expansion they will add another 36 artifacts, this time each one different for each spec. Like Frost DKs using two handed swords (not saying frostmourne) just to cover all available game styles.
    I don't think that's going to happen unless they toss out the philosophy they're building the classes on this expansion...they're trying to make each one more unique from the others...thus Survival becoming a melee spec...Unholy is 2H dps and Frost is DW dps.

If reforging Frostmourne into two 1-Handers is no problem lorewise, making a 2-hander is as much of an issue.
    It's all as said, Blizz wants Frostmourne for frost and also wants frost to be DW.

Maw of the dawned is the sickest looking artifact with a scythe version.

Why would it have to be Frostmourne? lol As long as the artifacts look awesome like the ones for Frost then it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Discombobula View Post
    I saw that and I think thats really damn cool but I'm skeptical as the picture provided on the legion website of it seems really short. Looks more like a one hand scythe than anything but that may just be for picture purposes.
    Why would blood dks get a one handed axe...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Backsmack View Post
    Both blades will have the same model, if I recall correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

YESSSSS!!!!!!
    RIGHT?!

I LOVE the Castlevania series.

Realistically speaking, it's pretty hard to reforged a weapon that was destroyed into the exact same one but everyone knows that's not the real reason.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    That's a weak basis, seeing as you can run around in whatever gear you want no matter the spec appearances mean little. I mean you could see a DK running around in paladin model stuff. Don't mean we use the light though.
    Arthas did plenty of Unholy DK stuff as well, probably did blood the least out of the three
    He was mostly a Frost DK though. Lived in a Throne of Ice, Used tons of Ice Based Moves, raised Frostwyrms, had Frostmourne, in Halls of Reflection caused a Ice Storm around himself. Defile/Raising the dead are really the only Unholy DK things he did.

If any of the 3 specs of DK had a "fragment of Frostmourne" weapon, it would be Frost.

Deleted
    Blizz' reasoning:

Frostmourne only suits frost spec - it's in the name, it's all frosty.
    2H frost is dying, they needed a way to make Frostmourne fit DW - hence the "reforging into two blades" thing.
    Every spec is getting a unique weapon, and yes - that means they're going to be making up some lore.
    If Unholy and Blood also got frostmourne people would cry "zomg lazy, we're not even getting a new class hall and now we're only getting Frostmourne for each spec?"

...In the end we're not getting THE 2H Frostmourne, but we're getting a DW variant that's as close as possible. I'm not altogether happy that everything seems to be skull themed (I don't see how shadow/fire/lightning versions of Ashbringer fits "lore" or whatever so why do DKs need to be all shadowy/frosty skulls?) but it is what it is.

I'll just transmog that shit and be done with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    He was mostly a Frost DK though.
    No, he was the biggest Unholy DK. Then he became the Lich King who was mostly frost.
    Are your character the Lich King or a DK?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaff View Post
    Blizz' reasoning:

Frostmourne only suits frost spec - it's in the name, it's all frosty.
    2H frost is dying, they needed a way to make Frostmourne fit DW - hence the "reforging into two blades" thing.
    Every spec is getting a unique weapon, and yes - that means they're going to be making up some lore.
    If Unholy and Blood also got frostmourne people would cry "zomg lazy, we're not even getting a new class hall and now we're only getting Frostmourne for each spec?"

...In the end we're not getting THE 2H Frostmourne, but we're getting a DW variant that's as close as possible. I'm not altogether happy that everything seems to be skull themed (I don't see how shadow/fire/lightning versions of Ashbringer fits "lore" or whatever so why do DKs need to be all shadowy/frosty skulls?) but it is what it is.

I'll just transmog that shit and be done with it.
    I wouldn't mind having DK weps that were Fire/Dragon based, after all the new Lich King is based on Dragon Fire. Even a green fire warlock quest, that was about us giving allegiance to him and him sharing his Fire power with us. Making our moves Frost Fire based

I would assume because lore wise it's a frost dk that takes the shards. If you used the shards as a frost dk, how would you forge a weapon for blood from those shards?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    No, he was the biggest Unholy DK. Then he became the Lich King who was mostly frost.
    Are your character the Lich King or a DK?
    He wasn't any "spec" - he was a lich-king-enhanced dead paladin, lovingly called a death knight by his boss and his cohorts/allies.

He used every bit of power he had; Blood is really the only "tree" he didn't touch on in WC3 or the Arthas book. He used frost abilities a lot - he froze a whole big ass river in Quel'thalas to get his army through, and he often tapped the frozen nature of his sword when he fought.

He was a death knight, plain and simple - he wasn't really one way or the other; he used every power he had on his way to the throne, and once he became the full-blown lich king, he controlled and raised a gigantic army of the undead, stole souls, sapped life, froze people, froze terrain, called up frost wyrms, and the list goes on.

Also, to the original post's question - remember that the original Frostmourne was a truly ancient, old-as-it-gets weapon forged in THE HEART OF THE NETHER by the Nathrezim; the shards in Legion will surely be powerful, but they're no longer a single blade sealed by Nathrezim forging - so it just can't be Frostmourne - it's going to be re-forged in a magical forge and anvil set-up for sure, and probably by someone (Darion or the player maybe?) of immense skill, but again, no matter who it is, it's not an ancient nathrezim master in the heart of the twisting nether, so it's going to be inferior if it's compared to Frostmourne.

Remember, Frostmourne is more or less the second-most powerful weapon we know of - it was a superior weapon to even Felo'melorn, I'd argue more or less that only the remnants of Sargeras' big ass sword are more powerful among things we've encountered, and maybe Illidan's warglaives are close, since they are also legion-forged weapons, possibly made by Nathrezim smiths. The light/naaru-enhanced Ashbringer was also Frostmourne's equal but I can't say if it was the power of the sword, or the power of the man that was light-swelled at the moment Tirion breaks Frostmourne and makes Arthas vulnerable.

Either way, I'm mildly annoyed about the death of 2H Frost because I personally just don't think the Death Knight is a dual-wield class; Thassarian is the only example we have, and he's not exactly a superb character. The DK in both old ass WC (no bearing on our DKs because we're a different model from a different era with a different creator - sort of) and WC3 use a single large weapon. That said, I'd be perfectly ok with it if they compensated by either making Unholy less reliant for its damage on the stupid ghoul or by giving me back Blood DPS - I think Gladiator stance, had it been successful, would've probably paved the way for Blood to come back as a DPS or Tank option, but it looks like Glad stance was sort of a failed experiment so I am guessing ol' Blood DPS won't see a night out any time soon.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Always hated how Frostmourne went. This asshole who didn't help at all during the fight jumps out and breaks it because he is just so holy? Just doesn't sit well.
    Either way, I'm hoping they do the sword justice with its story and it continues to hold some of its 'evil' flair. I know a lot of people are saying that Frostmourne is known to consume one's soul and command said person for evil purposes but I've never really though of DK's as good people either.

We may help when it calls for it but in the end, are we good?

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    For me Shadowmourne is closer to Frostmourne than these two things. Legendary Artifact my ass.
    Well, still better than Unholy and Blood I guess, getting noname-weapons Blizzard quickly makes up some lore for... -.-

Btw: The real reason Blizzard doesn't let us reforge Frostmourne itself is a lot more mundane than the lore reasons (they can make up some bullshit reasons to fix that, like us exorcising Nerzhul's corruption from it during the questline or Frostmourne being cleansed by its shattering), it is that Frostmourne would be a Frost DK weapon, not fitting Unholy's theme and color scheme. And Blizzard wants Frost to play onehands.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the evolved version of Icebringer (1st post, 2nd from left)

That isn't the evolved version, it looks like it, but that is most likely the last model we get, look at the handles top, its different from the 2nd evolved version, also the skull is longer and looks pretty much exactly like frostmournes. The blade is also longer, and the horns on the ram are pointed and curled, unlike the 2nd evolved version where they are cut off by ice and more square, IMO that sword is exactly what I want, looks like fucking frostmourne....now only if it was a 2 hander : (

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Either way, I'm mildly annoyed about the death of 2H Frost because I personally just don't think the Death Knight is a dual-wield class; Thassarian is the only example we have, and he's not exactly a superb character.
    Thassarian is actually a titan's grip DK, he dual wields 2H swords (he was such a powerful warrior he retained the ability in death similar to how Sir Zeliek was such a powerful paladin he retained his power over the light even as a DK).

Quote Originally Posted by shed464 View Post
    That isn't the evolved version, it looks like it, but that is most likely the last model we get, look at the handles top, its different from the 2nd evolved version, also the skull is longer and looks pretty much exactly like frostmournes. The blade is also longer, and the horns on the ram are pointed and curled, unlike the 2nd evolved version where they are cut off by ice and more square, IMO that sword is exactly what I want, looks like fucking frostmourne....now only if it was a 2 hander : (
    I think it just looks different because of perspective and different background, but we'll see.

Frostmourne is pretty much the opposite of the Ashbringer.

Paladins are getting the Ashbringer.

I don't see an issue. Or rather, if there is any issue, it only really comes down to which spec would get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    He was mostly a Frost DK though. Lived in a Throne of Ice, Used tons of Ice Based Moves, raised Frostwyrms, had Frostmourne, in Halls of Reflection caused a Ice Storm around himself. Defile/Raising the dead are really the only Unholy DK things he did.

If any of the 3 specs of DK had a "fragment of Frostmourne" weapon, it would be Frost.
    Raising the dead and leading an entire continent of undead creatures... which is the reason Bolvar had to take up the crown, or the undead would run rampant. It wasn't the cold that were going to kill everyone, it was the undead, the whole undead legion that he was controlling.

He was definitely not most a Frost DK, as being the leader of the undead was his first and foremost trait and strength.

When bolvar awakes we gunna get fire DK's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    What you said, also applies to ashrbinger and doomhammer, theyre one of a kind super legendary weapons
    There is nothing super legendary about the Doomhammer outside of its wielders