Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Is anyone here satisfied with any video game?
    Anything on the internet at all, actually?

I enjoyed final fantasy 7, and will enjoy it again.
    It will only be a "mockery" if you take video games so serious that you dissect the smallest difference and act like its an act of treason to your moral fiber.

Unless they change the battle system, the story, and the main characters I have no idea why anyone would expect this to be a "mockery."
    It's going to be made more modern, so while we don't know how this will effect the game we can go out that the battle system will be at least adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    The remake of 4, which was a good thing to point out, kept FF4's battle system. Swapping it to a different style would be a very large risk towards alienating their fans, something they knew they shouldn't do with 4, and thus, did not.
    Yet the DS remake of IV was shit ascetically compared to the original. PS1 era 3d is atrocious looking.

The PSP version of IV which is the original SNES version with higher res sprites in wide screen looks a million times better then the remake.

10+ Year Old Account
    The remake of 4, which was a good thing to point out, kept FF4's battle system. Swapping it to a different style would be a very large risk towards alienating their fans, something they knew they shouldn't do with 4, and thus, did not.
    That's just it, their fans are in their late 20's early 30's now. They already said they'll make something fresh.

I mean, I'd settle for something along the lines of Lost Oddyssey, which to me is a masterpiece and the best JRPG since FF10 first came out.

I really expect them to try to make 7's combat like 13 somehow.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fin.../1100-6429330/

The upcoming remake of Final Fantasy VII will feature "dramatic changes" to the game's combat, although it won't be altered so much that it becomes unrecognizable, according to director Tetsuya Nomura.

He indicated this in an interview with Official PlayStation Magazine (via GamesRadar), though he also offered some reassurance for fans hoping the project resembles the classic it's based upon.

"And of course, that being said, we want to clarify: We're not going to be changing it into a shooter or something like that," Nomura said. "We are going to be bringing dramatic changes, but we want to make sure it's still recognizable."
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think some of the "SKY IS FALLING!" nonsense is overblown, but at the same time I get some of the gripes. People literally just want FFVII, but with modern HD graphics. They don't want a different combat system. They don't want altered writing/story. They want the game they love with modern visuals.

I don't see what's silly about faulting people for wanting something to largely be preserved while being visually updated.
    Yet they have no clue what the battle system is yet. Just that it will be Nomura's idea of "modernized" which could be basically anything for all they know. That's a broad term.

The story is going to be the same.

The writing will obviously be slightly altered because they actually need people to act it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    All I know is I just started 10 and it feels so hallway-ish to me, but that might just be the start.

It doesn't change the point though, replace remake with port and the point is still true.
    The port does give them room to edit, but they're less likely to do so, so you're both kinda right.

Speaking of ports though, how about that part in 2/4 with Rosa being tied up with a giant metal ball over her head? Edited from the Japanese version that was a large blade there instead. Because being crushed by a ton of metal is better than being cut in half. Or the removal of nearly all the character-specific special abilities, or so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I think some of the "SKY IS FALLING!" nonsense is overblown, but at the same time I get some of the gripes. People literally just want FFVII, but with modern HD graphics. They don't want a different combat system. They don't want altered writing/story. They want the game they love with modern visuals.

I don't see what's silly about faulting people for wanting something to largely be preserved while being visually updated.
    Then people should just play the PC version that just came out. There is only so much u can do to a old game. It had its HD remaster and that is on PC and coming to PS4. Anything more they do they mite as well just make a new game like they are.

FF7 ties as my all time fav game and I am interested to see what they do with it. But with that said I have said many times I rather they just let the series die.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    That's just it, their fans are in their late 20's early 30's now. They already said they'll make something fresh.

I mean, I'd settle for something along the lines of Lost Oddyssey, which to me is a masterpiece and the best JRPG since FF10 first came out.

I really expect them to try to make 7's combat like 13 somehow.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fin.../1100-6429330/
    Ah, proof to back up a claim! Thank you much, I stand corrected on them not swapping it up. That does worry me a bit, but so long as it still 'feels' like final fantasy 7, I'll still be pretty happy. The whole Materia system and all that jazz.

It doesn't change the point though, replace remake with port and the point is still true.
    I have no clue what the point is, all I know is a literal 1:1 port of the SNES game to GBA has no place being mentioned in a thread about a true remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then people should just play the PC version that just came out. There is only so much u can do to a old game. Its had its HD remaster and that is on PC and coming to PS4. Anything more they do they mite as well just make a new game like they are.

FF7 ties as my all time fav game and I am interested to see what they do with it. But with that said I have said many times I rather they just let the series die.
    PC version was so buggy/slow/crash worthy it should never be mentioned.

Deleted
    I love FF7 and i wished for a remake for years. But ever since the interview where they said dramatic changes were coming to the combat system, i became very skeptical.
    I know many hipsters want the game renewed and made for a new era. But that isnt FF7, its a different game. All i wanted is for them to make the same game with better graphics and refinements, just like the Resident evil remake. What i now think we will get is FFXV-2. I really hope square doesnt disappoint me, but i'm almost positive they will after that interview. I might really just stick to the original. Very sad.

PC version was so buggy/slow/crash worthy it should never be mentioned.
    The original version was yes. The version released last year that you can buy on steam and that is coming to ps4 ran just fine from what I have seen/heard.

People really shouldn't get there hopes up. If u don't like it go play the HD Ps4/PC version of the original or play the original.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yet the DS remake of IV was shit ascetically compared to the original. PS1 era 3d is atrocious looking.

The PSP version of IV which is the original SNES version with higher res sprites in wide screen looks a million times better then the remake.
    I actually liked the 4 that was released on Android and the newer PC version. Runs smooth, the models are low poly but still look stylized, the dialog was wonderful and hardly anything changed beyond giving us what the original Japanese version lacked.

That and Kain was voiced by Illidan

The original version was yes. The version released last year that you can buy on steam and that is coming to ps4 ran just fine from what I have seen/heard.

Oh? I'll have to give it a try.

I have no clue what the point is, all I know is a literal 1:1 port of the SNES game to GBA has no place being mentioned in a thread about a true remake.
    Oh Tech, it's so you to jump right in to correct a single thing without looking first!

Granted, the OP also said "remake", but let's be honest, it's like trying to argue about the internet's description of Fedoras really being trilbies. It's too ingrained already, and it doesn't really matter much because it's pretty easy to realize what they actually meant.

The point was, OP said they did a good job with how they handled FF4, whether he meant the DS version or the GBA one is now a mystery.

Then people should just play the PC version that just came out. There is only so much u can do to a old game. It had its HD remaster
    They literally changed nothing in the game, only made it so the 1998 PC version worked on modern OSs. Hardly a remaster.

But no one in their right mind would waste their time remastering ps1 era graphics, there is no amount of glitter that can cover up that ugly.

Oh? I'll have to give it a try.
    Ya the PC version got a re-release and its coming to ps4 as well. All the graphics was updated a bit so they don't look as dated. But like I said there is only so much u can do to a old game because it ether A) Lose's it charm or B) Just outright feels like a different game.

If I had to pick I want what Square is doing now. I don't want a HDDDDD version of FF7. I want them to take that game and redo it and see how it turns out. So far it seems like that is what they are doing.

Also if its graphics look like advent childern ill have a massive boner lol.

- - - Updated - - -

They literally changed nothing in the game, only made it so the 1998 PC version worked on modern OSs. Hardly a remaster.

But no one in their right mind would waste their time remastering ps1 era graphics, there is no amount of glitter that can cover up that ugly.
    From what I seen they did touch up the texters alittle. Not enough to say its a remaster but not enough to say its the original.

Like I said tho u can only do so much with that game. It does have its limits.

The point was, OP said they did a good job with how they handled FF4, whether he meant the DS version or the GBA one is now a mystery.
    Let's see.

The SNES version which was ported to GBA/PS1/PSP.

Or the actual remake on DS/Android/IOS/PC?

I wonder which one he meant when referring to a remake?

- - - Updated - - -

From what I seen they did touch up the texters alittle. Not enough to say its a remaster but not enough to say its the original.

They didn't do jack shit to the textures. Game just looks cleaner because you can run it at w/e resolution you want like any PC game. It's not stuck at the 240p or whatever the ps1 version was.

Ya the PC version got a re-release and its coming to ps4 as well. All the graphics was updated a bit so they don't look at dated. But like I said there is only so much u can do to a old game because it ether A) Lose's it charm or B) Just outright feels like a different game.

If I had to pick I want what Square is doing now. I don't want a HDDDDD version of FF7. I want them to take that game and redo it and see how it turns out. So far it seems like that is what they are doing.

Also if its graphics look like advent childern ill have a massive boner lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, only so much paint you can put on a broken, crooked shed. Good for it's time, but unlike the old sprite style, it doesn't hold up. I won't claim it'l suck with nothing to back it up, nor will I say that I'm super hyped and know it'l be great because, again, I got nothin to back that up. I'll reserve judgement, play the original for some fun, and wait to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Iv long said it and i personally think FF7 is one of the most overrated games in gaming, on the level that HL3 will be if we ever get it.
    FF7's unwarranted hype level blinds people from the masterpiece that is FF8
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

They didn't do jack shit to the textures. Game just looks cleaner because you can run it at w/e resolution you want like any PC game. It's not stuck at the 240p or whatever the ps1 version was.
    K I may be wrong then. Etherway as I said there is only so much u can do to the original.

I love the idea of a remaster of it. I'm sure ill enjoy whatever they make in truth because I do love the series. I wouldn't mind it being some hybrid of RPG/Action or something. To me this remaster sounds way more interesting then a HD re-release.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    FF7's unwarranted hype level blinds people from the masterpiece that is FF8
    FFVII is overrated, but a good game.

FFVIII is just garbo tier.