Deleted

Mythic Mannoroth as brewmaster monk

I would normally running defuse magic on this boss, but as it stands im very prone to being oneshotted when the boss is doing his tank abilities. If I dont dodge the glaive thrust thing, it normally consumes my entire guard, and forces me to use a 2nd guard, which first of all, requires me to pool 2 guards, while still having a guard ready for the tankswap, and then pool 2 guards again for boss ability. I'm wondering if running dampen harm might be better for the boss?
    I really feel like brewmasters are either taking no damage on this boss, or getting fucked by rng

Just wanna hear out, what do you other brm tanks run and do on this fight, and whats your experiences?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebayed View Post
    I would normally running defuse magic on this boss, but as it stands im very prone to being oneshotted when the boss is doing his tank abilities. If I dont dodge the glaive thrust thing, it normally consumes my entire guard, and forces me to use a 2nd guard, which first of all, requires me to pool 2 guards, while still having a guard ready for the tankswap, and then pool 2 guards again for boss ability. I'm wondering if running dampen harm might be better for the boss?
    I really feel like brewmasters are either taking no damage on this boss, or getting fucked by rng

Just wanna hear out, what do you other brm tanks run and do on this fight, and whats your experiences?
    Dampen Harm is by far the better choice for this encounter.

You can also ensure your Guard is strong enough to survive the tank swap if you stand in the Infernals fire before Guarding, so your resolve hits cap even when you're not tanking the boss.

Resolve cap is 240% right? Of course procs and shit effect it but as far as the tooltip is concerned it would read out as 240%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatist View Post
    Resolve cap is 240% right? Of course procs and shit effect it but as far as the tooltip is concerned it would read out as 240%?
    That's right, yep.

Deleted
    never tought about standing in infernals for resolve, but thanks for confirming that dampen harm is indeed the better choice here. Felt kinda stupid just getting rekt on simple tank mechanics