Deleted

Help with choosing spec

I recently rolled a dps dk for mythic raiding and like some input as to what spec i should go with. Im currently playing necroblight with some upgraded tanaan gear with class trinket and edh with 704 ilvl. I dont have access to other trinks and just 1 tier piece. Now im curious If it be worth getting 2 695 1 handers or should i simply stick with UH until i get 4p and better trinkets?

Deleted
    You don't have 4 set so I'd recommend getting 1 handers and going DW Frost with PL+Defile.

Necrotic Plague doesn't proc Empty Drinking Horn.
    Necrosis doesn't proc Empty Drinking Horn.

Both of these lower the value of EDH for Necroblight.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-08-17 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    Ye thats what i meant with trinks. Edh is bad for UH and class trinket is bad for 1h frost. With 4p though doesnt that just push 1h frost even higher than UH? Im only planning on having one of the specs unless one is simply terrible for a fight as i will be the filler tank with blood spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    Ye thats what i meant with trinks. Edh is bad for UH and class trinket is bad for 1h frost. With 4p though doesnt that just push 1h frost even higher than UH? Im only planning on having one of the specs unless one is simply terrible for a fight as i will be the filler tank with blood spec.
    The difference is small on sims.

I'm personally playing both. Progressing Mythic Gorefiend atm so I'm focused on Unholy.

Deleted
    if i were to simply swap my weapons to 695 dual wield but with the same trinkets, would frost still be a better choice overall?

Deleted
    should i simply stick with UH until i get 4p and better trinkets?
    You make it sound like you would switch to frost for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    You make it sound like you would switch to frost for some reason.
    ye im basing it of the first reply i got from Antenora wich was that 1h frost was considered stronger for now. also when ive been glancing through logs most people around my ilvl(704)are playing frost in HFC.

Unholy is generally the better spec for mythic progression at this point, but since you don't have any tier bonuses there won't really be much of a difference. DW Frost might be good owing to your weaker gear, and if you can reliably acquire 2pc but not 4pc then it'll be decidedly better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Unholy is generally the better spec for mythic progression at this point, but since you don't have any tier bonuses there won't really be much of a difference. DW Frost might be good owing to your weaker gear, and if you can reliably acquire 2pc but not 4pc then it'll be decidedly better.
    Is this the case then since i only have RH as second trinket?

Is this the case then since i only have RH as second trinket?
    Oh, I hadn't read your post thoroughly. In that case you should probably stay Unholy. RH is awful for DW Frost.

Unholy will be better on aoe fights. i wouldn't go frost on archimonde or xhul or mannoroth. for st they are about the same until you have the legendary ring then unholy is slightly ahead because it has better burst than frost.

Deleted
    Cool thanks a lot for the answers. One last question. Is it worth finding a pug to maidens for multi trink when i start using bos or is edh and unending hunger good enough?

Deleted
    Cool thanks a lot for the answers. One last question. Is it worth finding a pug to maidens for multi trink when i start using bos or is edh and unending hunger good enough?
    UeH is really nice but EDH is medicore at best, if you have access to maidens, you should keep running it for sure.

if you get lucky with your mythic brf cache. you might get a mythic vial. I don't really know how good is heroic vial. Just try it out on a st fight like reaver or zakuun or something.

Quote Originally Posted by lagunablade View Post
    if you get lucky with your mythic brf cache. you might get a mythic vial. I don't really know how good is heroic vial. Just try it out on a st fight like reaver or zakuun or something.
    i'm currently using a heroic vial, not sure if i should swap to Heroic EDH or Mythic Pebble. meh

7+ Year Old Account
    word is UH gets better and better with a 750+ring

they are so close to each other minus a few specific bosses- one excels over the other. Which is why most of us use both specs. as some will say, play the spec you like the best and you won't be wrong

boss specific fights are questionable at times. for example UH is strongly recommended for Xhoul. I wew Frost a few weeks ago and ranked 95% historic. so yeah, all personal preference
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    boss specific fights are questionable at times. for example UH is strongly recommended for Xhoul. I wew Frost a few weeks ago and ranked 95% historic. so yeah, all personal preference
    Well, yes and no... There are big differences between heroic farm and mythic (or even heroic to a point) progression. As the rest of the raid gets more powerful and the adds die faster and faster then the value of Unholy NP / WP gets dramatically devalued. It suddenly becomes pointless to use RH at all, and to focus more on single target damage with blood boil burst AOE. Or just go frost and HB your heart out. Progression is an entirely different story.