Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Stop boiling dogs and cats alive for better 'Flavour"....

More than 10 million dogs and cats are boiled alive every year - Animal lovers around the world are attempting to raise awareness about a practice currently taking place in China and South Korea. The practice is one where millions of dogs and cats are boiled alive every year prior to being fully cooked and eaten. The reasoning behind this is that the fear and pain makes the dogs and cats 'taste better'. A petition directed towards various Chinese and South Korean ambassadors failed to receive 1 million signatures. Despite this setback, it is still important to raise awareness against this practice if you are a person that cares about the welfare of dogs and cats.

The petition is below along with a few webpages detailing the horrific nature of the practice:

The images are of a very graphic nature and may disturb anyone who finds it difficult to see animals suffer. (Warning)

https://www.change.org/p/stop-cooking-live-animals (Closed Petition)
    https://ciccib.wordpress.com/2013/06...aphic-content/
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-friend.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-festival.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Knowing something was in immense pain before you eat it probably makes it FEEL BETTER to the closet sadists. I don't know about taste better though.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Welcome to the chicken industry?

Deleted
    Do Lobsters feel pain?

Scum people, same when they skin the animals alive. There is absolutely no reason to do it.

I'm really doubtful that either boiling or scaring cat or dog improves the flavor.

You don't boil a steak you don't boil lamb you don't boil much of any meat.
    I've tried scared meat and it's not really that different. If anything I'd say it was worse.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Do Lobsters feel pain?
    Yes but people dont humanize them? Boiling cats and dogs may seem weird to westerners but it is perfectly normal in other countries?

I don't see anyone complaining about the way we kill chickens, pigs and cows.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I'm really doubtful that either boiling or scaring cat or dog improves the flavor.

You don't boil a steak you don't boil lamb you don't boil much of any meat.
    I've tried scared meat and it's not really that different. If anything I'd say it was worse.
    Yeah the general consensus is that stress hormones make the food taste worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Didn't know we boiled them alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrus View Post
    Welcome to the chicken industry?
    I don't care about chickens nearly as much as I care about dogs and cats.

But hey, I'm all for the humane slaughter of chickens too.

I think the difference here is, we know we could solve the chicken problem. The chickens that are slaughtered inhumanely are done so to save money. The dogs and cats being killed in this way are having it happen for a pretty objectively evil purpose. Like, a cartoon badguy would do this for that reason.

But either way, I can definitely get behind helping dogs and cats more, and no, I'm not interested in the equivalence arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Different countries, different values/ morals.
    They aren't going to suddenly stop because you want them to.

It's a pain to skin an animal after it's already dead I couldn't image trying to do it while it's still alive.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Do Lobsters feel pain?
    I don't support eating lobsters since you have to boil them alive in order to eat them.

Sure it's partly for the flavor that they are boiled alive but they rot insanely fast when they are dead and non-boiled.

There's a difference between boiling alive for flavor and for sanitary reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Different countries, different values/ morals.
    They aren't going to suddenly stop because you want them to.
    The same could be said about honor killings, or female genital mutilation, or dog fighting, or child brides and child soldiers.

Different values/morals seems like a flimsy defence for being a shitty person.

Just because we anthropomorphism dogs and cats doesn't mean that we should stop people from eating them. I have tasted dog a couple of years ago and I can say it tastes good.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Then you're not paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, this is one of those things that in order for one to be socially aware and active, they have to go against the primal nature of someone else, and that is to feed themselves, under any other circumstances.

Not that, I am particularly against that, the problem is what part of this process is happening can actually be avoided, without actually suggesting people should starve to death, and placing stigma's on other peoples need to survive, because another group of people feel it's wrong.

I agree boiling ANYTHING alive and eating it is wrong, or causing needless suffering, but there needs to be a prudent alternative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because we anthropomorphism dogs and cats doesn't mean that we should stop people from eating them. I have tasted dog a couple of years ago and I can say it tastes good.
    Yeah, well if most people got to see how their chicken Nuggets became a reality they might not feel so smug about their own culinary habits.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, now I hate humans even more. And people wonder why so many are willing to save their pet over a stranger...

Just start boiling Chinese alive before eating them. Should get the idea pretty quick especially because you'll be looking for another after an hour. Then again maybe not. Are about 3billion of them and would probably pay you for thinning the herd.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    The same could be said about honor killings, or female genital mutilation, or dog fighting, or child brides and child soldiers.

Different values/morals seems like a flimsy defence for being a shitty person.
    Your morals aren't necessarily superior to those of others.