Hunter Kill Shot Macro

Is there a macro line to stop casting aimed shot or steady shot?

For example, I am in an arena and am casting Aimed shot, and the Kill shot threshold comes up. I want to stop casting my Aimed shot and cast my Kill shot right away. I have used stop cast macros before, but it does not seem to work on aimed shot. I just want to be able to cast Kill shot as soon as its up, even if I'm in the middle of another cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Serion View Post
    Is there a macro line to stop casting aimed shot or steady shot?

For example, I am in an arena and am casting Aimed shot, and the Kill shot threshold comes up. I want to stop casting my Aimed shot and cast my Kill shot right away. I have used stop cast macros before, but it does not seem to work on aimed shot. I just want to be able to cast Kill shot as soon as its up, even if I'm in the middle of another cast.

/stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /cancelaura Deterrence
    #showtooltip Kill Shot
    /cast Kill Shot

- - - Updated - - -

If that doesnt work do you have an odd aimed shot macro or something?

For whatever reason on hunter you have to input /stopcasting twice, otherwise use what you have been, someone smarter then myself can elaborate why the 2x

First /stopcasting stops auto shot, second /stopcasting stops the actual cast you want to stop.

This macro is also helpful when you want to cut short your Deterrence either in PVE or PVP.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is the one i use. allows you to kill shot a low target mob with just a mouse over.

#showtooltip Kill Shot
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cancelaura Deterrence
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Kill Shot; Kill Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    this is the one i use. allows you to kill shot a low target mob with just a mouse over.

#showtooltip Kill Shot
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cancelaura Deterrence
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Kill Shot; Kill Shot
    does this Kill Shot at your mouseover and if you're not moused over anything than just on target?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    kill shots mouse over, if no mouse over kill shots target.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we have to place a /startattack at the end to restart our autoshot?

Deleted
    Afaik using an offensive cast like Kill Shot always stats autoshot on its own.

I would suggest not grouping up cancel auras in your macros with skills like kill shot, instead make a seperate cancel aura macro and use that so you dont accidentally cancel something you need in a critical moment.

The best course of action OP is for you to use a /stopcasting macro on something like countershot like so:

#showtooltip Counter Shot
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast Counter Shot

You could also use /stopcasting alone by itself in a macro set up to a keybind so that you have more control over your character.

its a waste of dps to stop cast , cuz after the cast u gonna stop to kill shot , u will cast again , unless its for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    its a waste of dps to stop cast , cuz after the cast u gonna stop to kill shot , u will cast again , unless its for pvp
    This is not true, you have to take into account sniping add with KS in a fight. So in some situation or most you will have a small window to killshot before the add dies, if you wait to finish casting steady shot you miss the dps from killshotting adds and ks does more than steady shot in said situation