Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    About $5 which is the cost of the tickets at the cheap cinema around the corner from me, because i live in a country where this sort of shit doesn't happen.

America's issue with gun violence is a cultural one. You can pay for metal detectors if you want but it won't fix the underlying problem.

Just buy two guns, and carry around with you all the time.

Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems sort of...over the top, don't you think? How far are people willing to go to prevent random violence I wonder. Big Brother will be watching with a much closer eye before you know it.

I'm only 15 minutes away from you guys and the border and most of the time I feel like I'm in another world entirely.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    As a Dane, Nothing, since our movie theaters are safe. The last disaster there was in danish Theaters was Pixels, and the only thing that did not survive that was the movies reivew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Nothing at all. I am completely unafraid of becoming the victim of a random act of violence.
    Yeah, I live in the safest town in america (Well, near it) and things like that just kind of don't happen here :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a safer movie theater, it's called your house. Watch the movie at home with your gun on your lap. No worries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah, I live in the safest town in america (Well, near it) and things like that just kind of don't happen here :P
    I'm pretty sure they said the same thing in Aurora Colorado.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    As a Dane, Nothing, since our movie theaters are safe. The last disaster there was in danish Theaters was Pixels, and the only thing that did not survive that was the movies reivew.
    I... I need to see that movie.

And OT: absolutely nothing. There's no need for them to be safer here, worst thing that ever happened was probably someone spilling popcorn on the floor or something like that.
    Oh, hi.

Nothing. I don't live my life in fear.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I personally think the notion is silly, pretty sure you have better odd winning the powerball than becoming a victim of a murderer during a matinee.
    I agree. Since 2012, maybe 100 people have died in movie theater gun shootings. At the same time, 5.35 billion tickets have been sold. That's a 0.000001869% chance of being a victim.

No thanks, I don't think we should give up more of our freedom and have to pay more to run the metal detectors and hire security for such an infinitesimally small chance of someone coming in, shooting the place up, and being the person killed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    No thanks, I don't think we should give up more of our freedom and have to pay more to run the metal detectors and hire security for such an infinitesimally small chance of someone coming in, shooting the place up, and being the person killed.
    Isn't that exactly what you did with schools?
    Oh, hi.

When threads like this exist, it's perhaps time to admit that you have a problem down there.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The same amount it took me to buy a 61" television, surround sound, and a recliner. Problem solved.

Deleted
    You cannot buy protection from stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    We had some theaters shot up over the last few years and I have seen some articles suggesting metal detectors and security ect...

What do you folks think? Do you feel unsafe when you go to catch a show? Would you rather a metal detector and a security guard on the site?

I personally think the notion is silly, pretty sure you have better odd winning the powerball than becoming a victim of a murderer during a matinee.
    You also have a higher chance of dying in a car accident than on a plane if you flew once a day for 20 years while the taliban crashed a random flight every day...but that doesn't stop the TSA from taking my water bottle and shoes. Priorities, right?

We need metal detector in movie theaters no way in hell you should be allowed to carry a firearm into a public place like that. really common sense folks you arent allowed to bring your fking penis enlarger to a professional sports event due to safety concerns and same should apply to movies

£10 as usual hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha #gunlawsintheUS

10+ Year Old Account
    So, putting metal detectors everywhere seems more logical than dealing with the problem it self?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    We need metal detector in movie theaters no way in hell you should be allowed to carry a firearm into a public place like that. really common sense folks you arent allowed to bring your fking penis enlarger to a professional sports event due to safety concerns and same should apply to movies
    To be fair, you tend to have more riots when the Lakers lose than when people figure out Bruce Willis was dead the entire time.

Deleted
    I wouldn't. We don't have problems like that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    Waiting for the option to purchase a movie theater pass for my home so that I can watch all new movies at the comfort of my living room. $39.99/mo would be reasonable.
    Not really seeing how that is 2 movies at a theater at prime time in most parts of the country now. Nevermind the heaps of money they recoup from 8 dollar tubs of popcorn or soda. Hotels and planes normally have films that are still in the theaters but they cost a ton to rent and that is with the hotel footing some of the bill.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."