Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

You killed me once, mortals. It will not happen again!

Okay, am I the only one who heard this and instantly thought "I've killed you twice, Google your own lore moron". The first few times it was funny but after a while it's actually become quite annoying lol.

Deleted
    Is Socrethar a demon? Because if not we've only killed the HFC version of him once before.

Did we even kill him in this reality?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Did we even kill him in this reality?
    yes in the talador chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Maybe he is "living" in denial ? I mean, if i was beaten up and humiliated multiple times, i wouldn't bring that fact up in front of my minions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no. We only killed him once. And now he's a spirit, after auchenai lore, he is able to obtain the power of a guardian to protect his people - sadly him and his guardian are bad. You kill him once, and then banish his spirit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, no. We only killed him once. And now he's a spirit
    We killed him in TBC too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I read somewhere, and yes sorry for being vague and not being able to refer to a source, that only certain demons have their souls anchored to the nether. As in, many demons exist as many copies, with the big exceptions being the more powerful ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Socrethar is turned into a demon right before our eyes. Well, if you play Alliance that is...

So yes. He is a demon, and he is one of the many un-explained plot holes with the whole "The Legion is multi-dimensional" 'plot-twist'.
    There's got to be more to it than "I took the oath, I drank the Kool-Aid and I turn into an Eredar" to be considered a demon otherwise you've got the entire Sargerei which should logically fall under the same principle.

Not to mention it doesn't even work for Fel Orcs that way either.

Beside which, when you confront Socrethar's soul in HFC he's just a red ghostly Draenei.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Beside which, when you confront Socrethar's soul in HFC he's just a red ghostly Draenei.
    When you killt him in Netherstorm and Talador though he's a 40 ft tall Kil'Jaeden wannabe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    That is true, but didn't count that for things are a little different with this fella. For in Draenor, we see him crossing through towards the betrayal. He isn't a demon, he's a servant, hasn't reached the peaks like Kil'jaeden who is an Eredar Demon Lord. Socrethar is a Man'ari Eredar, infused to serve the Burning Legion. He isn't yet reached the point to be bound within the nether yet.

He technically isn't as developed in Draenor as he was in Outland, though we kill the Outland version with the help of the Scryers and Aldor. The Draenor version reaches a new state, as he follows the Auchenai lore of possessing a guardian once his time is up - sadly as said, he still holds his deeds for the Legion. We banish him from Hellfire, like we killed him at Shattrath.

The fact that we see him turn in to a his form of a Man'ari Eredar, explains that it cannot be the same, as he was a Man'ari Eredar when we saw him in Outland.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'm confused now, so has his role in TBC been retconned now? no longer an Eredar Demon Lord like KJ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'm confused now, so has his role in TBC been retconned now? no longer an Eredar Demon Lord like KJ?
    He wasn't a Demon Lord in Outland either. Kil'Jaeden is an Eredar Demon Lord. He is basically mutated by the power of Sargeras, but he isn't at the connection of the nether - seem him more as an offier.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2015-08-20 at 12:55 PM.

He's only died once in this reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Is Socrethar a demon? Because if not we've only killed the HFC version of him once before.
    Don't pull on that thread. Just don't.

You know even if they're the same across all realities this is still 30+ years prior to TBC...

I mean unless this retarded "universal singularity" thing means they're also aware of their entire past, present and future... in every timeline... of which there are infinity...

Also how the fuck does it make sense for someone to go from a regular Draenei, with infinite versions across all timelines, to suddenly aware of all timelines (all infinity of them) after drinking too much fel Kool-Aid? Wouldn't that explode your brain at the least?

Just argh is all I can say to this "way demons work" nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm unclear on whether newly corrupted Draenei count as Eredar.

It's pretty silly really, they resisted corruption for... centuries? Millennia? And then they're just like "ah fuck it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I thought I read somewhere, and yes sorry for being vague and not being able to refer to a source, that only certain demons have their souls anchored to the nether. As in, many demons exist as many copies, with the big exceptions being the more powerful ones.
    Honestly, it's a lore hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He's only died once in this reality.
    He died and wasn't able to reclaim a guardian in our reality.

Don't pull on that thread. Just don't.
    The topic itself is one of those loose threads, not fully explained.

You know even if they're the same across all realities this is still 30+ years prior to TBC...

I mean unless this retarded "universal singularity" thing means they're also aware of their entire past, present and future... in every timeline... of which there are infinity...
    Well, it leads to question that the one in our world isn't the same as theirs, but the timeline fits - maybe because Socrethar was a sure win on corruption that they didn't summon our version? Then again, seems they need certain power to reach the whole, connection was the nether. Illidan is a Demon apparently, but he isn't connected with the Nether last we know - then again, he didn't die really, just got locked up.

Also how the fuck does it make sense for someone to go from a regular Draenei, with infinite versions across all timelines, to suddenly aware of all timelines (all infinity of them) after drinking too much fel Kool-Aid? Wouldn't that explode your brain at the least?

Just argh is all I can say to this "way demons work" nonsense.
    Well, the Draenei we know, holds no knowledge of crossing realms. The demons and Bronze Dragonflight does though. But I am leading more in to a new thing, the Eredar seems more like the "marines" in StarCraft. You can pick them up and move them somewhere else. They are the lesser servants, but more noticeable than an imp.

I'm unclear on whether newly corrupted Draenei count as Eredar.

It's pretty silly really, they resisted corruption for... centuries? Millennia? And then they're just like "ah fuck it".
    Eredar is when the have been corrupted and mutated. Not corruption only, reason Sorcrethar could be his own Exarch self till it was no longer needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that explains better as I thought with Socrethar Vs. Kil'jaeden. Kil'jaeden is an Eredar Demon Lord, Socrethar is more or less just an offer of the Burning Legion.

Seriously, Alex Afrasiabi made a couple of tweets with faulty lore and you should ignore them because they would make the entire story suddenly make zero sense. The end.

Well, it leads to question that the one in our world isn't the same as theirs, but the timeline fits - maybe because Socrethar was a sure win on corruption that they didn't summon our version? Then again, seems they need certain power to reach the whole, connection was the nether. Illidan is a Demon apparently, but he isn't connected with the Nether last we know - then again, he didn't die really, just got locked up.
    IT MAKES NO SENSE!

Does the Socrethar in the MU remember us killing him in the past in the AU? And just didn't mention it? Or did the events of the AU only alter (across all realities) after WoD, like the fading photographs in Back to the Future?

Like I said... just don't...

Eredar is when the have been corrupted and mutated. Not corruption only, reason Sorcrethar could be his own Exarch self till it was no longer needed.
    I read it as Eredar is the name for the faction that sided with KJ and Archimonde back in the day. But I don't know if there's any lore confirmation of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Man, i really hope they wouldn't make up demon lore on the fly. The concept of demons and what makes them different from beings of this realm is very engaging. But with everything, it needs to be done right, and there should be a certain weight to the rules. Blizzard demons are full of plotholes covered by claiming secrecy regarding the matter... and new and little thought out lore revisions / tidbits like the recent "demons do not work with alternate dimension" thingy, that tears open more plotholes than it closes. Which again are certain to be retconned at some point to fix obvious flaws at the cost of even newer plotholes...

Deleted
    He died and wasn't able to reclaim a guardian in our reality.

The topic itself is one of those loose threads, not fully explained.

Well, the Draenei we know, holds no knowledge of crossing realms. The demons and Bronze Dragonflight does though. But I am leading more in to a new thing, the Eredar seems more like the "marines" in StarCraft. You can pick them up and move them somewhere else. They are the lesser servants, but more noticeable than an imp.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that explains better as I thought with Socrethar Vs. Kil'jaeden. Kil'jaeden is an Eredar Demon Lord, Socrethar is more or less just an offer of the Burning Legion.
    we dont know If Illidan is connected to the nether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Lore loophole left by Twitter, apparently the one-demon-every-universe thing doesn't apply to Sorcrethar.

Fuck Alex Afriasiabi.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"