Deleted

The Syrian refugee who says: 'Don't come to Sweden!'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33962670

A Syrian refugee is using social media to dispel what he says are myths about what life as a migrant is like in Sweden.

"They give you a big house, a nice car and a job and lots of money... that's what Syrians back home think Sweden offers asylum seekers," Mahmoud Bitar told BBC Trending.

The reality, Bitar says, is that life in the Nordic country is much more difficult than most anticipate. Bitar's humour and willingness to share the story of his journey out of Syria to Sweden has made him something of a social media star.
    What's your opinion?

Not exactly smart of him confirming all the stereotypes of syrian refugees and that they aren't really seeking refuge but instead just look for more bling-bling in their life. Is the really a Syrian?

Deleted
    As much as I'm trying to be in favour of helping people, this is really starting to annoy the fuck out of me.

Opinion of what? He says that syrians expect to get a free house, free car, etc etc, more or less the moment they show up in Sweden, and that that is in reality not the case. What else to say about it, really?

Careful there, you might shatter some people's world-views.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    hes upset that he doesnt get a free house, car job etc just for going to sweden?

what an awful place!!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    hes upset that he doesnt get a free house, car job etc just for going to sweden?

what an awful place!!
    He's 'upset' that other immigrants think that Sweden is such a paradise.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

If they would get all that I would make myself a refugee to

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then that settles it, I am coming to visit Sweden, woo hoo, can't wait to try their tasty beverages.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Maybe he want to be the Syrian Jet Lee in Sweden : The One

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukha View Post
    As much as I'm trying to be in favour of helping people, this is really starting to annoy the fuck out of me.
    Why? Because western countries encourage and propagate a mythology to the rest of the world and then either cannot or will not cash the cheque when others show up with those expectations in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    People still don't believe some "refugees" thinks that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    People still don't believe some "refugees" thinks that.
    Here's the thing.

People in first world countries do not work demonstrably harder than people in third world countries. The difference is that refugees often expect greater rewards for similar amounts of effort in western countries; which is something every developed country advertises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well then that settles it, I am coming to visit Sweden, woo hoo, can't wait to try their tasty beverages.
    Better bring a big wallet then. Or get used to crossing the border to Denmark

Deleted
    he forgot to mention raping women and beheading people all you want. all you get is a slap on the wrist (for immigrants)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liljander View Post
    he forgot to mention raping women and beheading people all you want. all you get is a slap on the wrist (for immigrants)
    Im calling BS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Im calling BS
    If he refers to returning IS fighters, he's correct.