Deleted

Skip Gorefiend Mythic, and get Soc + Iskar first ?

Going thro wowprogress today i noticed quite many guilds killing Iskar and Soc before Gorefiend. Soc got quite some nice gear, and shouldnt be to hard compared to Gorefiend ? Anyone know if this is possible and how it works? I know alot of you would say "if you cant kill gorefiend u cant kill those bla bla ".. but think about it tho ?

They have someone in the raid with the portal unlocked.

We killed Socrethar, Iskar and Zakuun in 1 raid week. So I guess that answers your question about difficulty.

Deleted
    So none in our guild got it, but i got some freinds on the same realm who got it. Can they enter the raid with us, and then give us the lockout ? Witout him being saved ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyfatter View Post
    So none in our guild got it, but i got some freinds on the same realm who got it. Can they enter the raid with us, and then give us the lockout ? Witout him being saved ?
    You will clone the raid ID (Myth uses the old ID system, the good system). So if they give you their ID you will run into them even if you are not in the same group and only one will have chance to kill any bosses.

Deleted
    Well you dont get a ID before you killed a boss right ? I mean all the guy gotta do is to enter and open the danm portal and then leave again. It shouldnt save him right ? And is the portal still up on the lock if you kill a boss ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyfatter View Post
    Well you dont get a ID before you killed a boss right ? I mean all the guy gotta do is to enter and open the danm portal and then leave again. It shouldnt save him right ? And is the portal still up on the lock if you kill a boss ?
    You are using his Raid ID to do that. So that means if you use him to skip gore, then kill Iskar on tuesday and his raid goes in on wednesday to also kill iskar, iskar will already be dead in that lockout and they cant kill him.

iskar and socrethar are significantly easier because of the sheer individual responsibility and no forgiveness present on gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Kazkek View Post
    You are using his Raid ID to do that. So that means if you use him to skip gore, then kill Iskar on tuesday and his raid goes in on wednesday to also kill iskar, iskar will already be dead in that lockout and they cant kill him.
    technically if they extend the used ID they can continue to Socretar and the friend guild can create new ID. but thats just awful waste of Mythic gear (skipping 6 bosses)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazkek View Post
    Na. He can be unsaved, go inside, activate portal and run out without getting saved.

The number of guilds with 4 Gorefiend kills is low but I expect a lot of key sharing soon, helping out friends guilds on the same server. Really only applies to those megaservers though with a lot of mythic raiding guilds.

Well this is probably only a good idea if you have a person with 4 gorefiend kills in your guild. If a friend from another guild helps you out by giving you the portal on tuesday(US)/wednesday(eu) then you'd better be sure that you will kill something that night, because if you don't that same guy will likely be saved the following day and unable to open the portal for you again.

Soc and Iskar are VERY easy - Iskar in particular if you can kill the Phantasmal Resonances before they cast Chains Of Despair (if you can, it's essentially the fight on Heroic). Soc is also VERY similar to Heroic.

I haven't seen many pulls on Zakuun yet, but I expect the group I'm in to have it down in a night or two based on initial pulls and videos I've seen.

I personally think beating Gorefiend is a great boss for boosting raid morale (once defeated, and even if it takes a while). Skipping such a major hurdle would kind of cheapen progress.

Group I'm in took ~200 pulls over a couple weeks. Last night, our 2nd kill, we had him down on the 2nd pull with a healer down for nearly the entire fight.
    Last edited by galaxyquest; 2015-08-19 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Na. He can be unsaved, go inside, activate portal and run out without getting saved.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is how it works. If he goes into a fresh Mythic instance he can open the portal and leave and no one's lockout gets messed up. The raid clears the first 5, skips Gorefiend, and gets access to three very easy bosses.