Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Sorry OP but that's an awful idea. Would never work in WoW.

Deleted
    TIL: OP is bad at farming gold.

Assume that there's more alliance than horde, say 60% and 40%, respectively.

Now lets say I'm an alliance player, and I want to queue up for some random BGs. Then I can either queue up as a mercenary and demand some pay, queue up as usual and face a queue time, or queue up and front some gold. Unfortunately I'm poor, so I'd rather not pay. However, since I'm having a good day, I realize that if there is a queue time for "normal" players, then there is demand for and no queue time for mercenaries! So I queue up as a mercenary for zero gold and get instantly hired. And because I am not only clever, but also a kind spirit who loves to share I go and post this brilliant idea of mine to mmo-champion, so that everyone can get instant queues by queueing both in the normal queue and in the mercenary queue while demaning zero pay.
    Last edited by Mac223; 2015-08-27 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    No he actually means gorilla because a guerrilla fighter wouldn't want to be paid in bananas. The fact he used bananas is clearly indicative that he meant gorilla and not guerrilla.
    I don't think he gets it's just a "neat" name for a mode in a video game. Super Extreme Ninja Side Switching Mode. Mega Ultimate Faction Assistance Relief. ButtRucker's Pansy Traitor Palace Academy. Go click a few times in your garrison and make enough for your chants, that's all you need if you just pvp anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Your system makes 0 sense from a gameplay perspective. Let's say for example on your server it's 10 to 1 alliance to horde. So for every 100 alliance you can do a 10v10. You're saying that the horde should pay money to recruit alliance players. But that is pointless because for a horde player the queue is instant. What would make more sense is for you, the mercenary to pay gold to the horde team to get a faster queue and get into battle faster.
    Anyone q'ing as a mercenary for gold would be available to both factions. Anyone who elects to fill their team from the merc Q would have to pay a certain amount of gold to hire them. The merc queue essentially becomes "global" and all-encompassing...you not longer have alliance and horde, just 'players'. You can either choose to pay gold to play, or you can accept payment to play.

Server imbalance is a blizzard problem; not a problem with q'ing as a merc...and the "problem" you're raising here is a non-issue. If you want to wait a long time to do a random BG then don't pay, but if you want a quick Q then stop crying and pay up.

From a real world scenario you're right, the horde would want to hire more combatants to help with the odds against them but this is not true in BGs because having more numbers doesn't make you have a higher win percentage. Seems like what you want is to get a couple of friends geared really well to carry horde or alliance players for gold to help them win. But your original idea doesn't make any sense from game mechanics.
    Sorry but this is utter nonsense. My idea is exceptionally simple - both horde and alliance can Q as mercenaries, bidding on a fee. The more mercs who Q, the lower the fee becomes. Factions disappear, and so the ratio of horde:alliance becomes irrelevant. BGs are still limited in the number of spots, and you can reduce the cost of paying for mercs by filling your team as much as possible using LFG.

Yes, this is what the server with more players would do. You'd pay to get a faster queue. The people with less people wouldn't pay to get a faster queue which is what you originally proposed and why everyone is saying your idea is bad (see above).
    It's amazing how narrow minded people are. The q times would be normalized for all participating in the merc Q REGARDLESS OF FACTION and that is the entire point of this...to cut Q times.

My idea to allow mercs to be paid is a simple twist that ignorant/cheap people are failing to pick up on as is the case with many things on this site. Everyone is quick to disagree, raising non-issues with no merit...yet everyone keeps complaining they don't like how things are.

No he actually means gorilla because a guerrilla fighter wouldn't want to be paid in bananas. The fact he used bananas is clearly indicative that he meant gorilla and not guerrilla.
    No, he actually thinks guerrilla is spelled "gorilla". That kind of stupid really does exist...why are you surprised, and better yet, why are you defending him? Did you think gorilla fighters were a thing too?

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Sorry OP but that's an awful idea. Would never work in WoW.
    It's a simple and effective idea, and I highly doubt we'd miss the players that have a problem with it. Would definitely cull the ranks of freeloaders, botters, and AFKers who just take up space...you know, usually players with "qt", "bro" or "umad" in their names.

Quote Originally Posted by riphie View Post
    TIL: OP is bad at farming gold.
    Who still farms gold? You can literally make thousands daily of gold with garrison missions, garrison resource gathering and a few daily quests. Having an option for pvpers to get paid for being mercs simply allows me to earn gold doing what I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac223 View Post
    Assume that there's more alliance than horde, say 60% and 40%, respectively.

Now lets say I'm an alliance player, and I want to queue up for some random BGs. Then I can either queue up as a mercenary and demand some pay, queue up as usual and face a queue time, or queue up and front some gold. Unfortunately I'm poor, so I'd rather not pay. However, since I'm having a good day, I realize that if there is a queue time for "normal" players, then there is demand for and no queue time for mercenaries! So I queue up as a mercenary for zero gold and get instantly hired. And because I am not only clever, but also a kind spirit who loves to share I go and post this brilliant idea of mine to mmo-champion, so that everyone can get instant queues by queueing both in the normal queue and in the mercenary queue while demaning zero pay.
    Did you miss the part about minimum bids? You cannot Q with your price as 0 gold, and we'd likely impose a merc registration fee that requires you to front a portion of the gold you are asking for as payment similar to the way the auction house requires a deposit and takes a cut. If you agree to Q as a merc and then bail before you are called to fight, you forfeit your deposit the same as you would by ending an auction early.

But it's nice to see that sir HonorBuddy is here to tell us why my idea is so bad, because he would no longer be able to bot his way through BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    I don't think he gets it's just a "neat" name for a mode in a video game. Super Extreme Ninja Side Switching Mode. Mega Ultimate Faction Assistance Relief. ButtRucker's Pansy Traitor Palace Academy. Go click a few times in your garrison and make enough for your chants, that's all you need if you just pvp anyway.
    Right...you're going with that assumption. Sure.

I don't think you get that the purpose of this thread is to advocate for making mercenary mode actually be mercenaries...but yea, let's keep letting blizzard skate on by doing nearly the bare minimum and accept it. Practically as bad as the mouth-breathers who are amazed each time apple releases yet another iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    Anyone q'ing as a mercenary for gold would be available to both factions. Anyone who elects to fill their team from the merc Q would have to pay a certain amount of gold to hire them. The merc queue essentially becomes "global" and all-encompassing...you not longer have alliance and horde, just 'players'. You can either choose to pay gold to play, or you can accept payment to play.

Server imbalance is a blizzard problem; not a problem with q'ing as a merc...and the "problem" you're raising here is a non-issue. If you want to wait a long time to do a random BG then don't pay, but if you want a quick Q then stop crying and pay up.

Sorry but this is utter nonsense. My idea is exceptionally simple - both horde and alliance can Q as mercenaries, bidding on a fee. The more mercs who Q, the lower the fee becomes. Factions disappear, and so the ratio of horde:alliance becomes irrelevant. BGs are still limited in the number of spots, and you can reduce the cost of paying for mercs by filling your team as much as possible using LFG.

It's amazing how narrow minded people are. The q times would be normalized for all participating in the merc Q REGARDLESS OF FACTION and that is the entire point of this...to cut Q times.

My idea to allow mercs to be paid is a simple twist that ignorant/cheap people are failing to pick up on as is the case with many things on this site. Everyone is quick to disagree, raising non-issues with no merit...yet everyone keeps complaining they don't like how things are.

No, he actually thinks guerrilla is spelled "gorilla". That kind of stupid really does exist...why are you surprised, and better yet, why are you defending him? Did you think gorilla fighters were a thing too?

It's a simple and effective idea, and I highly doubt we'd miss the players that have a problem with it. Would definitely cull the ranks of freeloaders, botters, and AFKers who just take up space...you know, usually players with "qt", "bro" or "umad" in their names.

Who still farms gold? You can literally make thousands daily of gold with garrison missions, garrison resource gathering and a few daily quests. Having an option for pvpers to get paid for being mercs simply allows me to earn gold doing what I enjoy.

Did you miss the part about minimum bids? You cannot Q with your price as 0 gold, and we'd likely impose a merc registration fee that requires you to front a portion of the gold you are asking for as payment similar to the way the auction house requires a deposit and takes a cut. If you agree to Q as a merc and then bail before you are called to fight, you forfeit your deposit the same as you would by ending an auction early.

But it's nice to see that sir HonorBuddy is here to tell us why my idea is so bad, because he would no longer be able to bot his way through BGs.

Right...you're going with that assumption. Sure.

I don't think you get that the purpose of this thread is to advocate for making mercenary mode actually be mercenaries...but yea, let's keep letting blizzard skate on by doing nearly the bare minimum and accept it. Practically as bad as the mouth-breathers who are amazed each time apple releases yet another iphone.
    Holy shit someone give this guy an oscar for best dramatic forum poster of 2015. Bravo! WAKE UP SHEEPLE! Blizzard's LFR IS A LIE! You don't look for anything! You fight monsters!? WTF is this!? Love it dude. All of it.