Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Also, two more quick tips.
    “Watch a sunrise at least once a day.”

“Always look people in the eye. Even if they’re blind. Just say ‘I’m looking you in the eye’”

— Phil Dunphy [Phil’s-osophy]

Deleted
    If all else fails, pee on them to show dominence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    So, I'm going to start uni very soonish, and have some other stuff that's going to happen but I've been feeling kind of, well, down, because of it all. It's just so much ahead of me and it's kind of overwhelming, feel like it's too much. :|

So, does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this kind of stuff, how to not feel that it's too much and overwhelming?

It's very easy indeed to get to know new people if you're moving to Lund (and likely the same in the cities of the other Swedish universities if you're going there, even if a bit less so due to the nature of Lund) to study a full program, just partake in the activities that usually start slightly before the studies begin. I have a hard time imagining another time in life where it's easier to distance oneself from earlier emotional stuff and begin anew, and at the same time have so much company that is in basically the same situation and eager to find new friendships. At least it was like that for me when I came to Lund, like the beginning of a whole new life full with possibilites, and since I'm still attached to uni here I can say that it doesn't seem to be any different now.

Eh, I'm going to be moving to a new town, where I don't really know anyone, to study for almost 4 years. Feels a lot like, "What the fuck have I gotten myself into? ABORT!" atm. ._.
    I had that feeling when I moved to the other side of the planet for a year, but once you get there it will be fine. You'll meet new friends and make great memories. You've got to get out of your comfort zone sometimes to really experience life. Good luck.

Change is hard, but usually (at least for me) once it actually happen you find out that the monster isn't as scary as you've thought.

Use the time you have now, enjoy yourself and try to leave the worries for when they're actually relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm going to start uni very soonish, and have some other stuff that's going to happen but I've been feeling kind of, well, down, because of it all. It's just so much ahead of me and it's kind of overwhelming, feel like it's too much. :|

So, does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this kind of stuff, how to not feel that it's too much and overwhelming?
    If your university is in the US, they will likely have on mental health care through the student clinic or student health care system - use it.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)