Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hitting crit soft cap in HFC, is it possible?

I was having a conversation with a hunter this morning, and we was more than adamant that it simply wasn't possible, regardless of sockets and legendary ring.
    I, however, was sure that it must be possible, with the absolute best gear (mythic WF with sockets). So, i got slaving away.

I calculated the following;
    Food = 125
    Gems on EVERY piece (excluding Maalus) = 1050
    Enchants = 275
    Mythic WF gear with 735 ring = 2238
    Mythic WF gear with 795 ring = 2368

Total with 735 ring = 3688
    Total with 795 ring = 3818

that is all excluding the 5% crit buff we get.
    with it;
    Total (735) = 3872.4
    Total(795) 4008.9

Now, the conversion rate is very close to 110. so:
    With 735 our crit stat gives us 3872.4/110, which is 35.2036%.
    With 795 out crit stat gives us 4008.9/110, which is 36.4455%
    now, with our base 15%, and a raid buffed 5%, that totals:
    735 = 55.2036%
    795 = 56.4455%

So, it is in-fact possible to hit the soft Crit cap, but, you do need outrageously good gear, and, by the time you have it, you really wouldn't care. Everything must be Mythic warforged with a socket (with the BiS gear), the % chance COULD be higher, by using things such and tier gloves and using the Sinister Felborne Helmet, or by using the serrated Demontooth ring, or even the Felcrystal bow instead of the Mannoroth one. It could also be higher through racial bonuses, namely the 1% Touch of Elune: Day bonus

- - - Updated - - -

For shits and giggles, here is how this would simulate, with Lone Wolf and Power Shot (as this simulated the highest on single target.)

In BiS? You'd basically be at the softcap if you had sockets on everything, think it comes out to 52.5%. Without BiS it's easily possible though, I've happened to get non-BiS pieces and I'm very close.

Deleted
    you are forgetting the basic crit cap, I am at 36% non raidbuffed ( and well fed) and i am nowhere near BiS-Gear

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...crimjaw/simple

I'm at like 50.4% with raid buffs, the only way I can really get more is to upgrade heroic->mythic on items, get sockets and warforged. And also upgrading my shoulders to tier is another big upgrade(can equip archimonde gloves then).

Definitely possible, even as non-BE/Worgen.

I'm sitting at around 49% raidbuffed atm, go a little bit over critcap with scope proc (need to sim about changing scope), I have alot of slots left to replace with sockets as well.

Possible, not feasible, we knew this already.

If you just wanted to Crit cap, you could just go equip some pure-crit weighted Timewalker gear.

I'm close enough to crit cap that Multistrike scope is simming a 300-400dps increase for me atm even with dwarf crit dmg bonus, using a ring that doesnt even have crit. Probably partly due to the fact that I don't have a mythic censer and I'm using a mythic coil, lots of crit not much multi on my gear overall. Sitting at 50.67% passive crit w/food and raid buff with no crit chance racial, and 57.83% with scope, putting me 4.83% over soft cap while scope is procced.

Here's my armory if anyone feels like double checking my sim result (may have swapped to either crit or multi scope by the time you click the link)
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2015-08-19 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I'm at like 50.4% with raid buffs, the only way I can really get more is to upgrade heroic->mythic on items, get sockets and warforged. And also upgrading my shoulders to tier is another big upgrade(can equip archimonde gloves then).

Definitely possible, even as non-BE/Worgen.
    Similar gear to you as a Belf. Simming 300~ dps higher swapping to MS scope than crit. My character is right on the edge that MS > Crit right now but swapping one 50 stat enchant for the other isn't worth it as then Crit becomes valued higher.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should be possible. I have the BiS pieces on pre-mythic non-warforged and am at over 45% raid buffed. I would guess the exact same pieces but mythic would put me over the 53% mark.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-08-20 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    It should be possible. I have the BiS pieces on pre-mythic non-warforged and am at over 45% raid buffed. I would guess the exact same pieces but mythic would put me over the 53% mark.
    Doubt you'll get 800+ Crit just upgrading HC to Mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in my crit gear, which drops me 8 ilevels to 695, I'm sitting at 46.85% crit with the lone wolf crit buff active.

I'd say with complete crit gear at 720+ it'd be easy enough?

You wouldn't want to be hitting it unbuffed anyway, as the raid buff would be wasted?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Doubt you'll get 800+ Crit just upgrading HC to Mythic.
    Well, Looking at Ask Mr Robot and switching out my gear for exactly the same pieces but Mythic Warforged with Socket:

My gear: 715 ilvl
    secondary
    2,599 Crit
    2,251 Multistrike
    1,070 Mastery
    311 Haste
    173 Versatility

Upgraded Gear: 738 ilvl
    secondary
    4,185 Crit
    2,739 Multistrike
    1,281 Mastery
    379 Haste
    270 Versatility

Without any sockets: 738 ilvl
    secondary
    3,083 Crit
    2,739 Multistrike
    1,281 Mastery
    379 Haste
    270 Versatility
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-08-20 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added Unsocketed

Lol.. Ok?

GL getting full Mythic Warforged with Socket.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree... it is very unlikely. But someone out there will have it possibly by the end of the expansion.

And the question was, "Was it possible?" The answer is yes. Is it probable... no.
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-08-20 at 07:43 PM.

Too bad BiS gear with full Mythic Warforged isn't even 53% crit as a worg/belf

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, pretty much you have to stack Crit gems. It might actually be easier to get Heroic Warforged With sockets over a full Mythic set. Let me pull up the stats on that.

This could be pugged til you get all the pieces.
    Heroic Warforged with socket: 724 ilvl
    secondary
    3,863 Crit
    2,380 Multistrike
    1,113 Mastery
    329 Haste
    270 Versatility
    Last edited by Youn; 2015-08-20 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    I have 46.91% crit with Fel Coil equipped which raid buffed including 125 crit food gives me like 53.31% or something, so yea it's possible and I should probably change my scope but then again outside of CA phase and RF that's less crit so meh.

Deleted
    Having a fully upgraded ring will also add a bit over a percent or so to your current crit.

Deleted
    Doesn't pandaren passive give more crit than Belf/nelf?

Yes, about ~1.1% instead of 1%.