Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Control freak parents

I had one pair of parents tell me that they would stop buying properties for their daughter's trust funds if their daughter had chosen to participate in her high school's cheer squad. They were afraid their daughter would become a slut. What do you think of parents with this kind of mindset? I hate these kind of people.

I think every girl should have the chance to cheer for their school at least one time if they want to.

7+ Year Old Account
    is cheer squad a code word for cheerleader?

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I think every girl should have the chance to cheer for their school at least one time if they want to.
    I think it should be mandatory. Replace math class with cheerleading.

most of the cheerleaders i went to high school with became single moms with kids at 19.

probably a pretty good idea to not let your daughter do that.

Lots of parents want their kids to just be miniature copies of themselves.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    I had one pair of parents tell me that they would stop buying properties for their daughter's trust funds...
    First world problems...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    I think it should be mandatory. Replace math class with cheerleading.
    Nice. Let's educate our children with Entertainment Tonight as well?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    most of the cheerleaders i went to high school with became single moms with kids at 19.

probably a pretty good idea to not let your daughter do that.
    How fat are they now?

I had one pair of parents tell me that they would stop buying properties for their daughter's trust funds if their daughter had chosen to participate in her high school's cheer squad. They were afraid their daughter would become a slut. What do you think of parents with this kind of mindset? I hate these kind of people.

I think I would have listened to my parents if they bought me properties and I had a trustfund.

10+ Year Old Account
    Parents aren't doing their jobs if they're not control freaks.

I had one pair of parents tell me that they would stop buying properties for their daughter's trust funds if their daughter had chosen to participate in her high school's cheer squad.
    Poor thing . . . how will she ever recover from this injustice?
    Games I'm playing right now (not necessarily literally):
    D3, CS:GO, TF2, Hearthstone
    Hit me up if you wanna play sometime.

How fat are they now?
    one i was kinda friends with got pretty chunky. don't know about the others, haven't seen them myself.

Another cheer thread by yours truly!

I thought you meant real control, like you dont make good grades its a beating and a couple of days with no food. Or situations where you know not to be late to school because you know the punishment.

What's your deal with cheerleaders bro
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    They're more likely to have a brain-dead daughter who can't manage her own money because their kid is a spoiled trust-fund baby.

It's not surprising that the exceptionally wealthy are control freaks. It's usually how they become exceptionally wealthy.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Parents aren't doing their jobs if they're not control freaks.
    There are things that need to be prohibited. Cheerleading is not one of them. What those parents basically say is that all cheerleaders are sluts.

Providing an incentive is pretty weak in terms of being a control freak. A lot of controlling parents are much more demanding.

That aside, at least in my high school all of the cheerleaders were pretty slutty. It was just part of the lifestyle if you chose to do it.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Back in high school this one girls parents wouldn't let her play volleyball because guys would stare at her. She then moved out and played 2 years at Ohio university. Anyway yeah her parents were control freaks.

Come on. Cheerleading is awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Lots of parents want their kids to just be miniature copies of themselves.
    That isn't necessarily a bad thing considering the fact that kids have next to no clue what they want in life and are prone to making rash, impulsive decisions.
    I'd rather be a disciplined child held on a leash until I'm 21 than a drug addicted, deadbeat dad.

It may not be fair, or even political correct, but it sure beats the alternative.