Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I prefer WC3's graphics far over SC2 and Diablo 3 because of it's style. It's cartoony yes, but's also sharp, crispy and clearly defined whereas SC2 graphics are matte plastic cartoony and Diablo 3 is waterpainted/faded matte cartoony.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    warcraft 3 is indeed very good still. too bad that didn't incorporate the sea combat and oil resource of warcraft 2.

Thanks for the idea. Was bored today and started another hard campaign of WC3 after i found my dusted CDs.

Did they fix the widescreen issues yet, or are they still making the retarded excuse that not everyone has widescreen monitors so it'd be unfair to let you play the game that way?

Because I couldn't stand playing it all smushed up like that.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Btw dunno if anyone knows but there were assets found on Battle.net for Warcraft 3 a while back! Now lets just hope assets for Diablo 2 start popping up

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the WC3 battle chest, and havent played it in years. I was never really good at that or SC so I stopped playing pretty quickly. Which is weird because I was really good at RA2 lol
    Follow my journey to the bodybuilding stage! www.instagram.com/tbatcho07
    Musclemeds - Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...clemeds/simple

Yeah love it to, to bad they fucked up all that great story with WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
    It took the entire world to come together before Archimonde could be killed; but, in WoW we can kill him in a Raid with a few teammates.... Lame. They made Archimonde too weak in WoW.
    Archimonde in WC3 has been in our realm a long time gathering power. Archimonde in HFC was summoned and then basically immediately had to fight. Demons are supposedly very weak when they first enter a realm.

i can't even defeat an easy bot in custom campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I prefer WC3's graphics far over SC2 and Diablo 3 because of it's style. It's cartoony yes, but's also sharp, crispy and clearly defined whereas SC2 graphics are matte plastic cartoony and Diablo 3 is waterpainted/faded matte cartoony.
    I always thought this about Brood War compared to SC2. The former is just so much more visceral, the sequel's graphics look like playdoh and cardboard boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Did they fix the widescreen issues yet, or are they still making the retarded excuse that not everyone has widescreen monitors so it'd be unfair to let you play the game that way?

Blizzard released a patch which allows you to select widescreen resolutions, but it doesn't work as you'd think it would. It just stretches everything horizontally.

I still regularly play WC3. It's an awesome game and I love the tower defense custom maps.
    Last edited by Caeli; 2015-08-20 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Added quote

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post

Ages and ages ago. They even added support for 16:10 monitors which I have
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah love it to, to bad they fucked up all that great story with WoW.
    I don't think they really messed up the lore too much until they started storytelling with main characters again. The smaller-scale storytelling they did in classic and most of TBC was pretty good imo.

I still love playing all of Arthas's campaigns, its some of the best campaigns I've played both story and gameplay wise for a RTS. Kaels campaign is great too, leading a dying faction of a nearly whiped out race, being desperate enough to ally the naga (who they fought at first alongside the night elves) and turning to Illidan to save their addiction to mana. Its actually pretty sad to see they succumbed to fel energy, thats how desperate they have gotten. Though I still don't like how they've written Kael as a villain in TBC, while the Kael in WC3 looks completely different.

My least favorite campaigns is that from the orcs in RoC and night elves in TFT. The orc missions felt generic, just fighting creeps and humans in almost the whole campaign while little story happens. Though I really enjoyed the 2 Grom missions. Thrall was atleast awesome, unlike his version in Cataclysm and forward. NE in TFT was just chasing down Illidan which got tiresome really fast, but it got more interesting when Tyrande and Malfurion joined in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
    Decided to install WC3 because I haven't played it in years. Holy shit! I forgot how fun that game was! I already finish the Orcs and Humans campaign. About to start the Undead, then the Nightelves and kill Archimonde.

Just sayin!
    I bought the battlechest about 4 years ago to see what all the hoopla was about. Played it for a few missions had more fun making my resources than playing the game and uninstalled it about halfway through. Same with Star Craft II, I can't stand RTS games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I bought the battlechest about 4 years ago to see what all the hoopla was about. Played it for a few missions had more fun making my resources than playing the game and uninstalled it about halfway through. Same with Star Craft II, I can't stand RTS games.
    In the frozen throne there is a Campaign where you only have heroes no troops, might want to check that out

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    In the frozen throne there is a Campaign where you only have heroes no troops, might want to check that out
    Sounds mighty LOLdy and I hate MOBAs more than RTS games lol. I should have mentioned I had alpha and beta access to HOTS and played that for 30 minutes before uninstalling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd love to replay WC3 again, but ever since windows 10 came out all of the cinematics are really bright, ruins the feels.

The golden era of gaming ended at the turn of the century.. or there abouts. Myst, WC 1-3, Civilization, Ultima, Heroes of might and magic....

Aside from Skyrim, I haven´t put 100+ hours into a single player game since then.

Good writing and fun game play always trump fancy smancy graphics.