Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Never seen a trailer that had scenes that didn't make it to the movie...but also never asked to pay (with a bonus ) for a movie that is still in direction.
    Can't remember any from the top of my head, but they sure exists.
    And yes,we can't preorder movies, unlike Blizz games after their "trailer"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Here's a whole list of movie trailers that have scenes that were cut from final theatrical release.
    oh ok then...you got me..so it happens to movies too.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    What's he going to do, evolve tits so he can breastfeed his kids?
    New cinematic for patch 7.1 confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    oh ok then...you got me..so it happens to movies too.
    And that's the point- creative folk like movie makers or Blizzard create a lot. Not everything can work - either it didn't quite do what they intended, or it wasn't feasible to work with lots of people, or It didn't really tell the story they wanted. So it gets cut. Sometimes that happens.

But no one's yelling outside of Sony Pictures that they never showed that scene of Bruce Banner in the Arctic in the film, because that would have been so cool and they could have done so much with it, and Sony is obviously lazy bastards for not including it in the film but using it in the trailer because they're liars and they're never gonna watch another Marvel movie again, were they?
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Don't pre-order Legion. Wait for beta to finish. If Blizzard was so honest and all things during Blizzcon/Gamescon were merely ideas, why start pre-order before alpha testing? Clearly the idea is to entice customers based on ideas that may not actually be implemented.

"Having a year between the last patch and new expansion doesn't work well, so the team is continuing to try and shorten the gap. "

Yeah this time it looks like we'll only have 3/4 of a year between the last patch and next expansion. They're working it great!

Quote Originally Posted by corngrenade View Post
    "Having a year between the last patch and new expansion doesn't work well, so the team is continuing to try and shorten the gap. "

Yeah this time it looks like we'll only have 3/4 of a year between the last patch and next expansion. They're working it great!
    Well, you can't deny that it is a 25% improvement. For a game that huge, it is not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodes_aos View Post
    Well, you can't deny that it is a 25% improvement. For a game that huge, it is not that bad.
    And that would be an improvement if WoD wasn't this content-lite. You are getting a 1.5 year expac with 1/3 of MoP content, if that.

Other than the Pre-orders tab on iTunes. Or Best Buy's website. Or Amazon.

Oh wait, those things do exist.
    Except that when you pre-order a DVD or Blueray, chances are that by then you know what's in a movie. Even pre-purchasing tickets doesn't typically happen until the movie is finished.

And that's the point- creative folk like movie makers or Blizzard create a lot. Not everything can work - either it didn't quite do what they intended, or it wasn't feasible to work with lots of people, or It didn't really tell the story they wanted. So it gets cut. Sometimes that happens.

But no one's yelling outside of Sony Pictures that they never showed that scene of Bruce Banner in the Arctic in the film, because that would have been so cool and they could have done so much with it, and Sony is obviously lazy bastards for not including it in the film but using it in the trailer because they're liars and they're never gonna watch another Marvel movie again, were they?
    There's also a big difference between the way movie makers hype a film and the way developers hype a game for pre-order. While one or two scenes might make it into a trailer but not the film, you can almost bank on them being included on the DVD. You can also rest assured that when they're doing a Q&A on the movie ahead of time that they won't be telling you a whole list of things it'll include only to cut about 3/4 of it.

Yes, players expect some things to be cut. That happens. But developers presented a whole freaking slideshow presentation with pictures telling us what they had planned for this expansion. You can't turn around and then act indignant that players were expecting a good portion of it to end up in the game-- especially when there was never a clear "No, we've cut it and will never put it in there" from anyone. They told us we were paying more because we were getting more. We got less. Let's be honest. This was not a talk about things developers would like to add but would probably get cut. That wasn't the title of any of the presentations. The presentation was on WoD and what we could expect. It's more than a little dishonest to pretend like it was presented to players the entire time as if it these things were all just little more than wishful thinking.

This was PR. It was a sales pitch to get people to pre-order and spend their money, and so they had to make it sound like they had lots of stuff to justify the higher price. Do you seriously think that if they'd marketed what they actually had that people would have spent so much money and returned to the game? Really? No, you don't think that, and neither did Blizzard-- which is why they used the more dishonest strategy. This is nothing new, of course. Advertisers do it all the time. But let's not pretend they're getting picked on for something they didn't do.

We were hyped up on a new Mercedes, spent the money for a Mercedes, and then were given a Chevy sedan with no options a few months later. Now the dealer's telling us that technically we weren't promised the Mercedes. It was just the one they showed us in the brochure when we pre-ordered a car and is wondering why we're so upset.

See, this quote, right here, this is the toxic stuff.

It's making a base assumption with absolutely no way to prove or disprove the statement, not stating it as a possible answer, and framing the person from Blizz as a bad guy first.

That's Toxic. It makes people think much worse about the game than a dozen other explanations, but it makes this person feel superior. THAT is Toxic, and THAT is the kind of bull that hurts this community and this game.
    "Toxic" is the new "entitled" - misunderstood, overused, and flung around as a weapon and a weak counter to actually addressing what's said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    The point of a beta is to figure out if what they made FUNCTIONS or needs to be adjusted. A beta test is 100% not designed to figure out if a core system is "fun." That should be figured out in testing and maybe in an alpha test.
    The white knight lifts his lance, and furiously rewrites history.

LOL.

A beta is for WHAT? Have you actually BEEN in one? I have, I was in TBC, and yes, they did want to know what was fun, what wasn't, if something was too grindy, or too easy.

But you white knights...lol...you'll lie, distort and make up anything, if it benefits you and your asslicking. LOL.

It's endless free entertainment!

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Hahah wow, you are just THE prime example of what they are talking about aren't you? Jesus..
    My thoughts exactly

Developers know best, after all that's why the game lost over 5 millions subs.

Something something hubris.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    A beta is for WHAT? Have you actually BEEN in one? I have, I was in TBC, and yes, they did want to know what was fun, what wasn't, if something was too grindy, or too easy.
    Wow! You were in a beta test 10 years ago? That's quite an achievement.

If something is too easy or too grindy, you adjust some drop rates or damage numbers. You don't end up scrapping an entire zone or class or feature weeks before launch. They aren't going to drop an entire boss out of a raid because his fight is boring.

If you want to make an argument that maybe you SHOULD then go ahead, but no one does and that isnt what a beta test is for. Its 100% to iron out bugs and issues with what was built. Period.

What's hilarious is that you are clearly exactly the kind of player that would CRUCIFY them for delaying a launch or removing a feature because it turned out that it was either so broken or so unfun that it was unacceptable to roll it out.

Deleted
    I actually know what it takes to develop a game, I don't know how hard it is to develop WoW. They shared too soon? No, there is still less content than there was before. Sure the quests are better, but what good are awesome quests when you still spend the most time with endgame that sucks and there is just not enough of it. I am not angry becazse I have to be, this is actually the first expansion I am angry about and I played since Wotlk was released, pretty weird huh? The dailies in MoP were terrible, but I still kind of enjoyed them in the end, because of the reward, it felt really hard earned. I still hate one thing.. the lack of changes to the outer world. Why they just can't do few changes to it every expansion, it would give the world feel. Repair Stormwind a little add some conflict somewhere, I think it would be cool if we actually had to use some of older resources for some profession recipes, not way too much though. It would send players through the world. Why every time we find new ore it must be better than the old one, it doesn't make sense and it makes all the previous ores obsolete. I think it could work, but I can feel the hate already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gamers really don’t understand game development any more than diners understand how a restaurant is actually run.
    But they do taste it when the dinner is disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    This silly coca cola argument has been making its rounds of the forums, and I constantly point this out. If WoW had never developed any new features after WotLK and just added new raids and zones, it would have gotten incredibly stale and people would have quit even faster. People can enjoy the same food and beverages because food is very different from entertainment.
    Please tell me why people still play (massivly) cs, cs source? Never change a freaking winner...

"Most gamers out there don't really care about the nitty-gritty of game development. They just want to know that the game they want is going to have the features that they want were sold by the salesman at the time of purchase."

10+ Year Old Account
    "since you've left, Greg, the devs have gone silent. It's like...idk...they don't think we're worth talking to."

I like that. Partially at fault of the game taking a dump are sites like this. Releasing all the information ever. You know exactly what you're getting. You don't get a new patch or expansion with anything unknown. You know the maps, the spells, the dungeons, the bosses, the loot, the rotation, all of the new features...everything. There is no excitement. Yup, that dungeon was exactly how it was on Fatboss preview. Time to go play battlefield.

IMO Blizzard, don't release any info. Make it exciting again. Peddling info to whiney kids who just gotta know everything so they can bitch about it. Just make your game, spew some finer points of an expansion and leave it be. Then again, MMO champ will datamine everything and show it off anyways.