Question about Wanderer's Minuet

Hello!

I am currently levelling a Bard and I have a question about Wanderer's Minuet. Does it affect ALL your gcd skills, even the dots?

If so, I'm not sure how I feel about that. In that case. Would you recommend the Machinist instead or do they get the same treatment with Gauss Barrel?

Thanks in advance.

The damage buff affects everything, including dots, yes. It adds cast times to all weaponskills, which also happens to include your dots. As for Machinist, Gauss Barrel is pretty much the same exact thing.

I don't mind cast times at all, but not for every single skill. I may have to rethink my levelling strategy. I stopped my archer and my lancer at 34 to be machinist ready after my doubts about minuet and I'm currently levelling a paladin toward 50 since I like the class a lot and instant duty queues are always nice but I'm not sure I want to be tanking in heavensward. I had my mind set on a ranged dps in some form.

No, it doesn't add a cast time to everything. Bloodletter and Misery's End don't get a cast, and Straight Shot doesn't too when it gets the proc (Straighter Shot). These are the stuff you may cast when you have to walk and reposition.

The rest of the stuff does get a cast time, however, even the DoTs. But, mind you, the cast time is much much faster than a BLM. Playstyle is a lot faster than a BLM.

Personally I'd recommend leveling a Tank to max first and using that to "grind" your tomes and stuff, much faster to level and gear your characters.

As for BRD and MCH, Wanderers Minuet and Gauss Barrel are exactly the same. But, it does add a significant amount of damage. I've had people say they were up in the air about it and then try it and keep BRD/ MCH as their main...

7+ Year Old Account
    Lvling my MCH right now, got GB last night. The damage boost is awesome even traded for the very minor cast timers, 1.48 or something like that. If it really bothers you then I would just take GB/WM off while lvling and switch them back on for group content. I did that a few times just to make grinding smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Lvling my MCH right now, got GB last night. The damage boost is awesome even traded for the very minor cast timers, 1.48 or something like that. If it really bothers you then I would just take GB/WM off while lvling and switch them back on for group content. I did that a few times just to make grinding smoother.
    I'm interested how you'd compare MCH to BRD. On paper MCH looks like more fun to me but I could be wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I'm interested how you'd compare MCH to BRD. On paper MCH looks like more fun to me but I could be wrong.
    MCH and BRD are somewhat similar in theory. Both are ranged DXT classes and the question about WM also applied to GB. I think WM is a 20% increase to damage while GB is 30%, not sure about that though.
    As far as whats more fun, well I just like the aesthetic of MCH more then a BRD. Guns > Bows in my book

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I wonder that as well. But to me its backwards, BRD sounds more fun than MCH.

Oh, and I actually liked the gameplay with Wanderer's Minuet on. I thought I was gonna hate it, but it did add in a positive way to me. It really changed a lot the way I played BRD, but I liked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    MCH and BRD are somewhat similar in theory. Both are ranged DXT classes and the question about WM also applied to GB. I think WM is a 20% increase to damage while GB is 30%, not sure about that though.
    As far as whats more fun, well I just like the aesthetic of MCH more then a BRD. Guns > Bows in my book
    It is 30% for both.