Poll: Big Wigs x Deadly Boss Mods, which one?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Way back in the early days i used bigwigs, but DBM became better at some point i switched and never looked back really.
    So i cant really compare now anymore as i have no idea about the state of bigwigs.

However i saw people mentioning Iskar timing being off for DBM. Yes, that does happen when you don't update it.
    Earlier that day the update was already live for us (though i could imagine region and the time eu vs us raid could have an influence to ones experience.)
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Deleted
    been using DBM since probably TBC? (I dunno its been so long I cant remember) Never had any issues with it and it's never affected my raid performance so, y'know, if it ain't broke....

Have been using DBM since original Naxx when it was La Vendetta, or something like that. Straight to it from CT Raid, what an amazing improvement that was. Only one of my guild mates ever pushed Bigwigs, never heard much of it otherwise. So I haven't thought much about giving it a try until today. Will see how that goes.

I allow both in my raids because they both can get the job done, but I actively encourage BigWigs because if raiders have a hard time with a mechanic they can quickly "emphasize" it before next pull. I'm sure DBM has something comparable if a person digs through the menus, but I find an "emphasized" BigWigs alert is hard to miss for hardcore tunneling raiders unless they're blind and deaf.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always used DBM, but from what I've heard the difference seems negligible.

Seems like Recount vs Skada is the one people always argue about.

Bigwigs. Because way way back when I made that decision, I liked it better (maybe because of lightweightness, I don't remember for sure). I haven't run into a reason to make me change yet. I'm not going to continually try out both and switch back and forth.

There really needs to be an option for "Both". Bigwigs is generally easier to customize & modify (which is why top tier raiders almost exclusivly use it) while DBM has some really neat stuff (the HUDs, decent voicec packs, etc.) The obvious answer is to use both, disabling all the shit you don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenette View Post
    I've always used DBM, but from what I've heard the difference seems negligible.

Seems like Recount vs Skada is the one people always argue about.
    Unlike the bossmod discussion, where both mods are rather valuable, the recount v. skada debate was settled a long time ago. Remarkably few top tier players use recount, especially considering that damage meters don't really matter, since everyone live logs and uses warcraft logs to get the important info during raid)

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    I'd also point out that the Mythic Archimonde module called out is, IMO, a pretty blatant case of programmer dick-waving. Total imbalance of form vs function, spawned by everyone wanting to prove they can make a more over-the-top HUD than the last person. Honestly, this HUD craze is getting out of hand, especially considering how horrendously inaccurate HUDs (other than the ones that can be described as basic mini-maps) can be due to limitations put in place by Blizzard.
    I find it telling that it's BigWigs that doesn't have these HUDs. =)
    Be nice to nerds, chances are you might end up working for one. -- Charles J. Sykes